dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2016

602 posts in this topic

Well that's interesting.. Hopefully because it's their error you won't have to go through too much more. Is he getting in contact with nvc about their error or what happens now?

Yeah, unfortunately they don't do any immigrant visas in Belfast although they do work and student visas apparently. Very annoying seeing as I work literally a 2 minute walk from the embassy in Belfast. Would make it all much easier.

So it means I'll have to fly over for the medical and then again for the interview where I'll have to stay overnight the night before most likely. It's added cost and hassle no doubt but I guess it has to be done. Uber is pretty reliable in London right? I have no sense of direction when it comes to public transport haha.

Yeah, he's gonna write to them about it tomorrow morning.

That's so annoying! I don't really use Uber, only when I've been with friends who use it. I think there are an abundance of Uber drivers in London though haha. The Tube is very easy as well, the closest station is Bond Street which is on the Central (red) & Jubilee (silver) Lines.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

I am mailing our I-130 in this monday! Wish us luck!!!

My husband is from Macedonia, we are saying 2yrs but hoping for 6months - 1yr...

Is it true that most who filed in October were sent to Texas and those in November were sent to Nebraska??

Kathy and Dane

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Hey all

Like i just wrote I am mailing in the I-130 tomorrow morning, but have been reading through all the threads and trying not to feel depressed at how long this process seems to take. Luckily I will be with my husband in Macedonia, hopefully i will get an extended visa to stay there otherwise we will have to explore the rest of the Slavic region every 90 days (at the moment I have 90 days out of every 6mths). He is self employed with a peach farm and I teach ESL courses online so we are fairly flexible.

I did have one question though, is there perhaps a thread or something where all the acronyms are explained, I spend a lot of the time trying to figure out NVC and NOA and N/A etc.... thanks

Kathy and Dane

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey all

Like i just wrote I am mailing in the I-130 tomorrow morning, but have been reading through all the threads and trying not to feel depressed at how long this process seems to take. Luckily I will be with my husband in Macedonia, hopefully i will get an extended visa to stay there otherwise we will have to explore the rest of the Slavic region every 90 days (at the moment I have 90 days out of every 6mths). He is self employed with a peach farm and I teach ESL courses online so we are fairly flexible.

I did have one question though, is there perhaps a thread or something where all the acronyms are explained, I spend a lot of the time trying to figure out NVC and NOA and N/A etc.... thanks

Kathy and Dane

I could pretty much relate when i was a newbie here. None that I've seen that list them I guess eventually you would learn the VJ shourtcuts here are some I know of:

1. NVC- National Visa Center

2. AOS- Affidavit of Support or Adjustment of Status depending on what they are actually talking about.

3. CC- Case Complete

4. Scan Date- Date NVC received your AOS and IV package

5. 3 N/A- this indicate a Case complete shown in CEAC site. At AOS column the PAID status change to NA

6.IV- Immigrant Visa

7.PCC- Police Clearance Certificate

Thats all i can remember for now. I hope that helps.

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Good morning, this is week 6 for us praying for a case complete without supervisor review..

(L) We got married on February 06, 2016 (L)

Our USCIS Timeline :star:
File I-130: February 12, 2016
NOA 1: February 16, 2016(Nebraska Service Center)
NOA 2- September 29,2016 :no: ( Was sent to local office for review) :thumbs:

Case Sent to NVC:
The NVC Timeline :dance:
Case received: October 13,2016
Case and IIN#: October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261:October 25, 2016
Choice of Agent -DS-261 Reviewed over the phone: October 26, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: October 27, 2016
AOS Fee Paid: October 27, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: October 29, 2016
IV Fee Paid: October 29, 2016
DS-260 Completed November 3, 2016
Sent AOS & IV Packets: October 27, 2016
AOS & IV Packet Received November 2,2016
Scan Date: November 3,2016
Checklist: No

Supervisor review: No
Case Complete: December 16, 2016 :dancing:
Interview Date: February 15, 2016 (One Year from my 1st  NOA)
Visa :dancing: Approved:
Visa In Hand:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Well my 6 weeks end today and still no cc.

our 6 weeks ended yesterday, so i am giving them today. will start calling tomorrow until they give us a CC lol

To anyone who has received an RFE checklist:

The traditional IV processing is "up to 6 weeks" but I see on the letter I got from NVC for the RFE, it says "please allow 30 days for our review"

Has anyone actually had the 2nd processing done in 30 days? or is it 6 weeks?

Thanks

Did it take the 6 weeks to receive the RFE or did it come before

Edited by SMAlexander

Did you get the RFE at the 6 week point or sooner?

My 6 weeks were up on the 2nd of December, I was put on supervisor review on the 5th of December, and my case was reviewed and put as RFE on the 8th of December. Our response to the RFE was sent on December 9th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.