dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2016

602 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just out of curiosity...how many people on this feed are in Supervisor Review? My case will hit 6 weeks at midnight tomorrow. I am really wondering if Supervisor Review speeds up or hurts the processing time.

I don't believe this supervisor review thing, i think it's just a way to politely tell people "we get it, you almost hit the 6 weeks mark or 6 weeks passed, we know, now go away".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I don't believe this supervisor review thing, i think it's just a way to politely tell people "we get it, you almost hit the 6 weeks mark or 6 weeks passed, we know, now go away".

LOL thats what i think too!!! There can't be enough Supervisors to review all those cases that are supposedly be in 'supervisor review' They would not do anything else but reviewing all day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I believe that. I spoke with someone today and she sounded so tired. I am sure they are getting so many calls and so many new cases each day. My thing is we'be seen how fast they can approve things. So why does it take so long?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I called yesterday and it just seems like they are more interested in getting everyone off the phones. I asked too if she could see them working on my case she kept saying it takes 6 weeks when you are on Sup Rev. She kept avoiding my question. Until the end she said No I do not see that they have pulled your file. Please wait 6 weeks.

I try to call every other day, but it is frustrating.

Scan date October 17th

Sup Review December 2nd

No CC for now. No 3 N/As

Good luck to all keep your hopes high!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

See thats where the NVC is doing themselves and us a disservice. If they posted dates on the web, actually met them and said (like USCIS did) that until these dates have passed dont bother us - I think people would relax and let the process go.

Unfortunately there is too much silence in the whole process so people just wanting to know basic things call too frequently. Even email isn't answered in 2-3 days anymore. Email queries are taking 7-10 days so the NVC must have gotten slammed with new cases - or they diverted case workers to just handle the phone calls.

its not transparent at all how they manage the workload that has been asked of them.

So worried! I logged in to CEAC today to find the it said my IV Application status was "REOPENED". I panicked because I didn't know what that means so I clicked on it and then logged out and back in again and then it said "INCOMPLETE". More panic! So I just went back into the application, clicked through and input my case number and passport number to complete it. I was so scared cos I thought doing that might have started my case all-over from square one, so I managed to call the NVC on Google Hangouts (thank you for mentioning Google Hangouts! - It's free to call them on there, guys!)

They told me it had been reopened because they had just sent a checklist out. We haven't received the checklist yet and she seemed to reassure me it was a good thing I'd gone ahead and re-completed the application again... How can that be a good thing if I don't know what's on the checklist and therefore have not provided them with the requested updates?? Surely I've just resubmitted the exact same thing again, that they're not satisfied with? I'm worried I've caused problems now and it's gonna end up dragging everything out longer! Has anyone made the same silly mistake, getting freaked out by a big red "REOPENED" on their CEAC?

I just told her to send it via Email ASAP ( i sent it out myself earlier today i wanna put her to work though) and i sent her the link to the travel.gov. website where it says it does not need to be translated if the certificate is in the language of the processing Embassy. I mean.. i would've had to translate my birth certificate too and she never asked me to do that.

I am sorry but i won't get this certificate -i do not have entries - translated from an official translator costing me 50€ just because her A** wants to be safe. Noway. That would delay the whole process even longer! And yes- why did she not provided it in the first place is a huge mystery. She had such good reviews on avvo and graduated from a very well known law school, so i thought she is worth the money. It is so frustrating you guys. I feel like we wasted so much cash on someone that can't do their job right. So much cash i could've used for our actual wedding ceremony. Makes me cringe.

Any bad lawyer experience here you might want to share with me?

We've been having some lawyer trouble as well. Every time I email a question he's increasingly more rude to me. I really don't email him that often. The last time I emailed was him was 4 weeks ago to ask why we might not have received a scan date. I had asked him when he first sent my case off whether I should expect any kind of notification of receipt from the NVC and he told me no, that we just had to wait. Then I learnt about scan dates on here and queried him again. His reply was SO rude, saying he didn't know what I was talking about and accusing me of not trusting him to relay communications from the NVC. He couldn't understand what I was hoping to achieve by knowing the "scan date" (bear in mind that at this point I had no idea how many weeks it had been since he'd even sent my case off, as he hadn't shot me an email to let me know it was in the mail.) He went on in his email to say that I can't help my case by "trying to do something extra on my own" and can't I just wait, "that seems to work in every other case I do quite well."

He really really upset me that day. I'm always so polite and friendly toward him. I had only asked nicely if he knew when they had received it, and whether I should be concerned. Anyway, now I don't dare email him about anything. It seems terrible that we've paid all that money and for what??... Because it's certainly not his advise! We would have filed on our own, but I already have two denied O1 visas under my belt and we needed all the advice we could get, and didn't want to risk any more complications. We chose this lawyer because he had so many really wonderful reviews online.

Timeline

We've been having some lawyer trouble as well. Every time I email a question he's increasingly more rude to me. I really don't email him that often. The last time I emailed was him was 4 weeks ago to ask why we might not have received a scan date. I had asked him when he first sent my case off whether I should expect any kind of notification of receipt from the NVC and he told me no, that we just had to wait. Then I learnt about scan dates on here and queried him again. His reply was SO rude, saying he didn't know what I was talking about and accusing me of not trusting him to relay communications from the NVC. He couldn't understand what I was hoping to achieve by knowing the "scan date" (bear in mind that at this point I had no idea how many weeks it had been since he'd even sent my case off, as he hadn't shot me an email to let me know it was in the mail.) He went on in his email to say that I can't help my case by "trying to do something extra on my own" and can't I just wait, "that seems to work in every other case I do quite well."

He really really upset me that day. I'm always so polite and friendly toward him. I had only asked nicely if he knew when they had received it, and whether I should be concerned. Anyway, now I don't dare email him about anything. It seems terrible that we've paid all that money and for what??... Because it's certainly not his advise! We would have filed on our own, but I already have two denied O1 visas under my belt and we needed all the advice we could get, and didn't want to risk any more complications. We chose this lawyer because he had so many really wonderful reviews online.

I am sorry about that. That is awful. Did you pay him upfront as well?

We chose ours because of the reviews on avvo and her law school she went too. It is so disappointing when you find out -after you paid a ton of money- you made the wrong choice. But who has just spare money laying around for all the initial consultation fee's that are wanted by all good lawyers? I mean there is some out there without consultation fee's but it only covers the bases. She consulted us an hour and that just made a good first impression, walking us through every step.

Did you talk to your spouse about that? As one of the posters said before, we can chose to fire our attorney at any time. Any money that was not earned has to be refunded at least thats what it says in my engagement agreement.

So worried! I logged in to CEAC today to find the it said my IV Application status was "REOPENED". I panicked because I didn't know what that means so I clicked on it and then logged out and back in again and then it said "INCOMPLETE". More panic! So I just went back into the application, clicked through and input my case number and passport number to complete it. I was so scared cos I thought doing that might have started my case all-over from square one, so I managed to call the NVC on Google Hangouts (thank you for mentioning Google Hangouts! - It's free to call them on there, guys!)

They told me it had been reopened because they had just sent a checklist out. We haven't received the checklist yet and she seemed to reassure me it was a good thing I'd gone ahead and re-completed the application again... How can that be a good thing if I don't know what's on the checklist and therefore have not provided them with the requested updates?? Surely I've just resubmitted the exact same thing again, that they're not satisfied with? I'm worried I've caused problems now and it's gonna end up dragging everything out longer! Has anyone made the same silly mistake, getting freaked out by a big red "REOPENED" on their CEAC?

I'd be furious if I had paid a lawyer and got a checklist for something missing or incomplete. It's quite possible that you missed a question on the form or forgot a document but you don't do this for a living. You're paying a lawyer for everything to be double and triple checked and for everything to be tip-top.

It's like paying someone to cut your hair and they only cut one side of your head! If I did the same quality of work for my employer that I'm hearing about with the lawyers on here, I'd probably not be working here anymore.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

I'm at 4 weeks with 2 weeks to go and I got a wild hair and called :idea::idea: Man! those people were so rude :sleepy::sleepy: .. I said to myself well let me leave these people alone.. but in two weeks :clock::clock: I will be calling twice a day...my marriage hanging by the threads because of this distance :cry::cry: ....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

In all honesty, unless your case is a very tough one, why would you hire a lawyer for this? We did it all by ourselves, and so far so good (minus the waiting). my work allows me to deal with lawyers, and man let me tell you these folks are expensive. I rather do it myself and deal with all the filings.

Timeline

In all honesty, unless your case is a very tough one, why would you hire a lawyer for this? We did it all by ourselves, and so far so good (minus the waiting). my work allows me to deal with lawyers, and man let me tell you these folks are expensive. I rather do it myself and deal with all the filings.

Yeah, tell me about it. I am ranting in another thread from me about mine. Since you deal with lawyers, maybe you have some input?

Well, I originally hired one because I had no idea about VJ at the time, and didn't know a single person who had experienced it before, so all the paperwork and fine print seemed daunting. Plus, it was more of the fact that I didn't want to worry even more than I already do about getting things right; it was worth the price to just let someone else deal with as much of it as possible. Plus, there truly are many great lawyers out there who don't f*** up so badly.

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I called NVC today n talk to the supervisor, c told me tht mine case is transferring from one building to another building on Nov 29..

ANYBODY KNOW HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CC AFTR C TOLD ME THAT

My scan date is sep 27.. SUPERvisor review on Nov 07

Wow, and here i am, being sad and mad and your scan date is almost a month before mine :cry::cry:

Hopefully, you'll have CC soon

(L) Jan 23, 2016 - Marriage (L)

USCIS STAGE

May 16, 2016 - I-130 sent
May 23,2016 - email notification received
May 28, 2016 - NOA 1 Hard Copy received

Case assigned to Potomac. Receipt Number beginning with YSC

May 19,2019 - Priority and received date

August 29, 2016 - I-130 APPROVED

NVC STAGE

October 3, 2016 - AOS and IV Paid

October 7,2016 - DS-261 submitted
October 18, 2016 - AOS and IV package sent to NVC

October 24, 2016 - NVC scan date

December 27, 2016 - NVC CASE COMPLETED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.