23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is in reference to an old post which stated fiancé and I had been having problem, to make a long story short, I had decided not to get married after all. Forum followers posted all kinds of posts and I thank you all for that. However, fiancé and I had eventually made up and went to get marriage license but another argument stemmed up and due to this incident, he decided to just leave without his belongs. He only took his labtop and what he had on. His visa will expire this coming Sunday, July 6th and the reason I am posting this is because his Moroccan friend and wife bought him a ticket to go to Michigan knowing fully well his permission is about to expire. Now this is through hear say on FB and I would not doubt it at all since his Moroccan friend's wife (so I heard) will get him an American lady to marry my fiancé so he can stay legally here in the country. Again, this is hear say and I have no doubt and if this is his choice, then it was never love. On the other hand, I called customs but they were of no help although they did give me a number to call in San Antonio, Tx. Is there anything that the law says because of what these friends of fiancé did. Aren't they or will they not harbor help to aid an illegal person? Please advise....

:reading:R.V.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

**Post moved from K1 to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits. As this topic is better suited for this forum**

[Multiple posts deleted. Please, only post once]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Report to ICE might help. If the whole scenario is true then he has sole intention to get a GC.

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Make sure you inform USCIS and cancel your petition entirely.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

his duration of stay is governed by the I-94 document and not any dates printed in his visa stamp inside of his passport.

with that said, if he does not marry you, he cannot adjust status in the USA. Thems the regs and laws - if he marries someone else instead, and files to adjust status with her, it will be denied.

as to reporting it - you can get into the local USCIS office where you are, via infopass appointment, and ask to speak with the FDNS officer, bringing proof of things with you. If the proof is sufficient, a fraud case will be started.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

So do I need to do anything on my behalf, on my side after his permission expires? If not I will just let it go. As far as "friend" whom I stopped talking to a long, long time ago, I am not a vindictive person, god will take care of it all. These people probably believed everything he ever told them and heaven knows what. I honestly hoped this was the man that would love me eternally but obviously that was not the case and as far as fraud, I want to think in my heart it was never that. Yes, I had cold feet and hesitated very much and now I know why, god gave me guidance. I focus on the things that are important to me like my kids and my studies (hopefully someday a doctorate) and that is what really matters. Thank you so much for your help with your responses...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He can always stay illegally and there are unusual ways he could stay legally.

As some may be aware Obama has announced executive action that may well assist in this sort of case, especially if he marries a USC.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/leaked-memo-shows-what-democrats-want-from-obama-on-deportat

Never say never, where there is a will there is a way.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So do I need to do anything on my behalf, on my side after his permission expires? If not I will just let it go. As far as "friend" whom I stopped talking to a long, long time ago, I am not a vindictive person, god will take care of it all. These people probably believed everything he ever told them and heaven knows what. I honestly hoped this was the man that would love me eternally but obviously that was not the case and as far as fraud, I want to think in my heart it was never that. Yes, I had cold feet and hesitated very much and now I know why, god gave me guidance. I focus on the things that are important to me like my kids and my studies (hopefully someday a doctorate) and that is what really matters. Thank you so much for your help with your responses...

As far as just letting it go I am assuming you mean emotionally. Right? That is a good thing.

I would report it. It is like following through with the business you started. I dont know all the ramifications of the report to USCIS but if it were me, I would feel an obligation to let them know the person I applied for and got permission to bring into this country is not following through with the k1 and might be staying illeagly on his own decison going against your advice to him. Somehow, somewhere down the line it might help....

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry this is happening to you and ditto the above advice...report him. Hopefully it will put a flag up in the event he does try to finagle a way to marry another american and adjust status that way. Hopefully you can then go on with your life and it won't come back to haunt you in the future!

Beyond reporting him no, there is nothing more you need to do. You're not on the hook for anything especially since you weren't married and did not AOS.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes.. report him. Just my thoughts.. but I really believe that even if he does somehow manage to marry someone else.. when they find him they will likely deport him and not allow him to return.. because coming on a fiance visa and marrying someone else should be proof enough that his motive to be here was not genuine. Even if he did love you... if he chooses to marry someone else just to stay here... I don't think he'd be the kind of man you would ever want.

If he really had feelings for you.. his best bet would have been to go home... and try to work things out with you from there.. just my thoughts. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Timeline

Thanks, but I do have to say I was not the best person at all. No one in my situation should have to tolerate indignity when he was specifically told to respect my home. Yes, I myself am not an angel but I've already re-deemed myself by allowing myself to forgive myself and him as well. First because as mentioned previously, I am no angel and no one is, but when it comes to issues that really are bothersome, disrespectful and address them and not done, then problems arise. I know he is from another culture but so am I and I never disrespected him, his family or his house when in Morocco...He even accused me of putting some wax thing on him to play witchery, OMG, that is so funny but more so ridiculous. I am a catholic woman and to begin with I am a non-believer but this is obviously what he thinks I am, so go figure... Again, thank you all for your support.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

This is a very genuine visa fraud case. Along with USCIS, you can also report him to ICE AND HOMELAND SECURITY INVESTIGATIONS. You can find the number OF LOCAL HSI office on WWW.ICE.GOV and leave a brief message along with your ex fiencee's name and his date of birth. I would highly recomend you to do it, so people dont do visa fraud. I myself also in a process of getting my green card through my wife, so I know how it works

04/21/2014 sent out I-485, I-130, I-765

04/22/2014 Package delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

04/29/2014 Receive NOA

05/07/2014 Receive Notice to appear at application support center Houston, Tx

05/27/2014 Finger prints and picture done at application support center

07/03/2014 Case status on I-485 application change to Testing and Interview

07/08/2014 Interview scheduled for August 7th 2014

07/11/2014 EAD Card/Document Production

07/17/2014 Received email and text Card/Document Shipped (EAD) at 8.00 am07/17/2014 Received email and text stating that they have mailed notice of approval for my employment authorization.

07/22/2014 EAD card in hands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.