23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have been there also. I got back from work and my wife had moved all my hard earned property out of the house, then went on to have me arrested on false charges. She then proceeded to USCIS to file battered spouse privilege. Till this day, I do not know the outcome of that petition. I went to USCIS to withdraw my petition and I was told it was no longer my petition and they woud not even entertain anything from me, though over several months of investigation I had been able to gather evidence of fraud, including a previous marriage that was not disclosed to me or on the petition we filed. People Like that, you leave in the hands of God because eventually, their ways will catch up with them. I am sorry for what you had to go through, but unfortunately, the law is not always on your side. I was lucky to get a judge that saw through the whole thing and dismissed the case. For somebody who is willing to file false charges against you and imprison you, I am just thankful to God I did not wind up with such a person and have my freedom to pursue my life.

My suggestion would be to make an attempt to contact USCIS or ICE just to cover your behind and do the right thing. If they will not do anything, then leave your fiancee to God. Sometimes the authorities are too overwhelmed with cases that they will overlook things like this. But be rest assured that your fiancee's information is in a database somewhere and will pop up whenever any petition is filed in the future. Thank God they do fingerprinting so people don't just change their names or passports and apply again. Don't burden yourself with such people, you have a whole life ahead of you. Don't give up. The right person will come.

Edited by ShaShao

Filed: Timeline

He can always stay illegally and there are unusual ways he could stay legally.

As some may be aware Obama has announced executive action that may well assist in this sort of case, especially if he marries a USC.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/leaked-memo-shows-what-democrats-want-from-obama-on-deportat

Never say never, where there is a will there is a way.

I don't understand why you think the referenced executive order would apply to the OP's ex-fiance?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I don't understand why you think the referenced executive order would apply to the OP's ex-fiance?

Talks about for example extended Parole in Place so those who would not otherwise be able to adjust in country can do so.

I have not seen this discussed in specifics, but I do not think there would need to be an Act of Congress to allow K1's to adjust in country in this situation.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Yes, I see that. But Parole in Place just kmaintains a period of authorized stay; don't yet see where it confers the ability to adjust status with someone other than the original sponsor.

Similar to an approved VAWA I360 provides a period of authorized stay, but an I485 under the circumstances of the OPs ex-fiance would likely result in denial and subsequent deportation:

https://www.ca5.uscourts.gov/opinions%5Cpub%5C12/12-60891-CV0.pdf

Regardless, OP should just put it all behind her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

VJers, it is sad that I will be forced to change my Ph number I have had for years & years in order not to be contacted by this bad person. I just learned through him that he is here and there, lying and lying of his whereabouts. He is using his own name, Abdelkader Karimi, where some universities have students with the same name. Last night he texted saying he was in the international college of Madison, therefore he is really capable of identity theft (madisoncollege.edu) saying for me to call and ask for this name, therefore I also need to alert authorities. One last thing is that he said in his country they hang women upside down and this could happen to me if I go to Morocco, therefore that is threat as far as I am concerned. I am afraid he will send virus to my computers because he is somewhat knowledgeable in technology. From what I have heard, is he is in Michigan but obviously has denied it as well as the help he got from his Moroccan friend here in Texas. Monday seems to long to wait but Sunday will be his last day he will be here legally.

Edited by rose_ttig

:reading:R.V.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

VJers, it is sad that I will be forced to change my Ph number I have had for years & years in order not to be contacted by this bad person. I just learned through him that he is here and there, lying and lying of his whereabouts. He is using his own name, Abdelkader Karimi, where some universities have students with the same name. Last night he texted saying he was in the international college of Madison, therefore he is really capable of identity theft (madisoncollege.edu) saying for me to call and ask for this name, therefore I also need to alert authorities. One last thing is that he said in his country they hang women upside down and this could happen to me if I go to Morocco, therefore that is threat as far as I am concerned. I am afraid he will send virus to my computers because he is somewhat knowledgeable in technology. From what I have heard, is he is in Michigan but obviously has denied it as well as the help he got from his Moroccan friend here in Texas. Monday seems to long to wait but Sunday will be his last day he will be here legally.

I'm sorry for what you have to go through but this guy can kiss his chances goodbye to get a green card. The fiance visa is a way to get a green card but its only through the person who petitioned the applicant. Say he goes and he gets married to another woman he will be denied. He will get denied as many times as possible for as many women he gets married to. Its through you or not. Now for what he told you about identity theft, don't get involved in it. My advice is: Call the police, ICE or USCIS and let them know about what he told you about identity theft. Thats crazy that he is willing to do crazy S*** like that. For hanging you upside down, thats a threat and you could request restraining orders against him. If he gets close to you his A** will be in jail and he will see who will be upside down. For you, ignore the fact you met this guy. Don't feel sorry for changing a number, its just a phone number. Complete your life as you never met this guy. You keep thinking about what he will do, you will lose your mind. Oh if buy a pepper spray so when he tries to do any physical violence against spray him in the eyes. People like him need to be in corner by themselves. I hate jackasses. Sorry for what you have to go through again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is the second time I've heard of a witchcraft/Jinn mentioned as a person's spouse or fiance scapegoat for leaving. It's just plain craziness and

an excuse for justifying what they have done. When I told my husband about it , he laughed and said they are crazy.

Maybe it should be a prerequisite when marrying a Moroccan is to bring up whether or not they believe in that hogwash!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.