KJ2024

Evidence you met your fiancé(e)in person within 2 years.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have boarding passes and airline tickets that shows dates when I visited her and i have receipts I bought her engagement ring which is not enough to prove evidence to met her in person . We don’t have pictures at all together . Should I wait to visit her again and have pictures together and then submit our I-129F petition for her . She lives in Pakistan and I’m US citizen living in Dallas . I visited her in late 2021 and dec 2023( for engagement) and we decided to file for fiancé visa . But we don’t have pictures together . Any advice would be appreciated . 

13 minutes ago, KJ2024 said:

I have boarding passes and airline tickets that shows dates when I visited her and i have receipts I bought her engagement ring which is not enough to prove evidence to met her in person . We don’t have pictures at all together . Should I wait to visit her again and have pictures together and then submit our I-129F petition for her . She lives in Pakistan and I’m US citizen living in Dallas . I visited her in late 2021 and dec 2023( for engagement) and we decided to file for fiancé visa . But we don’t have pictures together . Any advice would be appreciated . 

Pictures are not required.  I didn't send any with my petition.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As an aside K1 Pakistan is not normally a good idea

Spouse, takes 4-5 years vs Fiancé(e) takes 15-18 months and I’ve seen recent VJ’s users timeline for Pakistan K1 visas getting approved. If I’ve an option what stops me to use it but my question was about not having pictures together, might be a technical cause for rejection or RFE . There are some mix answers .

Timeline
1 hour ago, KJ2024 said:

@IWander , thank you for your response . Can you please tell me what evidence should i include in my packet . Thank you again 

@IWander , thank you for your response . Can you please tell me what evidence should i include in my packet . Thank you again 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Your timelines look off.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Your timelines look off.

Thank you for letting me know , I’ve just updated it but I don’t have to much to share I’m still working/figuring out our application to submit in few days ( not yet ready ) 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, IWander said:

I submitted boarding passes for my inbound flight, passport entry stamp, two boarding passes from an internal domestic flight we took. That's about it.  Just have to think what is available to you.

Did you petition get approved. Your timeline is not available thou 

4 hours ago, KJ2024 said:

Evidence used by people who went through low/no-fraud consulates is irrelevant in your case.

Pakistan has lots of issues, so you will need to front load any petition for that, whether it is for a K-1 or CR-1.  We definitely see way more denials for Pakistan K-1s than CR-1s, so I agree that it is an odd choice.  Processing times are meaningless if you first get a denial and have to start over with a new petition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, KJ2024 said:

Spouse, takes 4-5 years vs Fiancé(e) takes 15-18 months and I’ve seen recent VJ’s users timeline for Pakistan K1 visas getting approved.

This does not seem correct for Pakistan or any other country.  What is your source?  Of course there have been many cases here from Pakistan, both spousal and fiancé visas that have been approved.  Both take longer than most countries because of the extended background checks/administrative processing, but the 4-5 years vs. 18 months is not supported by data.  In fact, K-1 can be more difficult for Pakistan beneficiaries, but each case is different.  Photos are not required if you have other evidence of meeting in person in the two years before filing an I-129F petition.  You should visit a few more times after filing the petition while waiting for it to be adjudicated (15-18 months), take a few photos of the two of you together, and your beneficiary should take them to the K-1 visa interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.