KJ2024

Evidence you met your fiancé(e)in person within 2 years.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 hours ago, carmel34 said:

This does not seem correct for Pakistan or any other country.  What is your source?  Of course there have been many cases here from Pakistan, both spousal and fiancé visas that have been approved.  Both take longer than most countries because of the extended background checks/administrative processing, but the 4-5 years vs. 18 months is not supported by data.  In fact, K-1 can be more difficult for Pakistan beneficiaries, but each case is different.  Photos are not required if you have other evidence of meeting in person in the two years before filing an I-129F petition.  You should visit a few more times after filing the petition while waiting for it to be adjudicated (15-18 months), take a few photos of the two of you together, and your beneficiary should take them to the K-1 visa interview.

Thank you ,much appreciated . I have my airline ticket and engagement ring receipt for now 

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, KJ2024 said:

Thank you ,much appreciated . I have my airline ticket and engagement ring receipt for now 

If that is sll you have, it's pretty weak.  Neither of these two things can be directly tied to you and your fiancee meeting one another.

Yes, you bought a ring -- but the receipt doesn't show for whom, if anyone, you bought it for.  And, even if it did, it doesn't show you were together at the time of purchase (which you weren't, were you?) or anytime before or after the ring was purchased.  An airline ticket alone shows nothing other than you bought a ticket. Together with a boarding pass, it shows you travelled to Pakistan. What do you have that puts you in the same place and time as your fiancee?

• 2 months later...

Just my two cents on the topic.
I was going trough the same dilemma last year to whether get married or apply for K-1 visa. The I-130 road takes up to 3 years, most of the wait time is  to get interview at ISL embassy (almost 20 months after getting your i-130 approved). I have heard horror stories about k-1 visa getting denied (epically in Pakistan) and then they had to get married to apply for i-130.  If you feel that you have good strong case you should be okay.

I got my Nikah done on the second trip and applied for i-130 and playing this wait game.
Best of luck with your case. keep us updated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.