nullaccount

Begging for help at this point please...

25 posts in this topic

Please just anyone who has had this situation or can help... I just want to cry.

Timeline:

Aug 18th 23: Case received

Sept 18th 23: Email to lockbox to request hardcopy of NOA1 after 30 days of nothing

Sept 26th 23: Email response stated new NOA1 hardcopy will be sent from lockbox facility

Oct 6th 23: NOA1 hardcopy received

Oct 26th 23: "Document was Returned to USCIS" status change

Oct 30th 23: Called USCIS to explain we have NOA1, they filed out the form anyway (he couldn't see what document it was, is this normal?) and said they would send a note to WAC office that we have a copy already.

Nothing happened. No case update, no mail, nothing soooo....

Nov 28th 23: Called again. Another note was sent to the WAC office. She said there was 'no hold on the account' but will send us the document anyway.

Nov 28th 23 - December 06th: We had a bunch of random status updates with two different reference numbers about the document we never received (we now think the second lady may have meant that we would send a COPY since the original document had already been sent hence the 'no hold on the account' and we just weren't aware of the unsuccessful delivery again at this point...)

December 29th: We received another copy of the NOA1...(likely the one the second lady sent)

January 1st: DOCUMENT RETURNED TO USCIS.....(We are guessing the same original one the first guy tried to send back to us)

January 3rd: Filled out the e-request form instead of calling like it tells us to.

January 11th: DOCUMENT RETURNED TO USCIS AGAIINNNNNNNNNN ....

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON...We can clearly receive post from them as we have gotten 2 copies of our NOA1 since this started.... WHAT IS HAPPENING.....Is the address written wrong on this original document and it just keeps getting sent back?

We just want our status changed back to 'Case received' so we know our petition is going to be processed at the right time and not get cancelled. Should we be requesting a Tier 2 officer this time? Do we take this to our congressman?

Please help me I am losing the will...

3 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

did your check clear  in bank or credit card get charged ?

I think you may have misunderstood. We are past that stage. Yes, we have a receipt number and everything this has nothing to do with whether our case has been received. It's been received. We are having these problem after the case has been received... we wouldn't even have a receipt number if our check had not gone through. The issue is there's a piece of mail that keeps being sent back and forth and its triggering our case status to always be at Document Returned to USCIS. We know it's the original NOA1 but we now have 2 copies of this document so we are at a loss...

1 hour ago, NizoPark said:

I think you may have misunderstood. We are past that stage. Yes, we have a receipt number and everything this has nothing to do with whether our case has been received. It's been received. We are having these problem after the case has been received... we wouldn't even have a receipt number if our check had not gone through. The issue is there's a piece of mail that keeps being sent back and forth and its triggering our case status to always be at Document Returned to USCIS. We know it's the original NOA1 but we now have 2 copies of this document so we are at a loss...

this is a postal issue and has nothing to do with uscis. its a USPS issue if mail is going back 

duh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You have the NOA1 so all is normal, nothing to worry about.  Online case status is not important and often inaccurate.  Now you just wait...  patience is key.  You won't hear anything for many, many months maybe a year or more while the petition sits in a pile and collects dust.

5 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

You have the NOA1 so all is normal, nothing to worry about.  Online case status is not important and often inaccurate.  Now you just wait...  patience is key.  You won't hear anything for many, many months maybe a year or more while the petition sits in a pile and collects dust.

I know this, we just keep getting documents returned and then being told if we don't do something our petition will be withdrawn. We also worry we may be delayed because of this and our month is approaching in the queue.

31 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

this is a postal issue and has nothing to do with uscis. its a USPS issue if mail is going back 

I thought that might be the case. We wondered if perhaps the address is wrong on the actual original letter (the one that keeps being sent back and forth) since we have easily received copies of the NOA1 from USCIS. Perhaps we get USPS informed delivery, call USCIS and get them to check the address on the letter, put my fiance's name on the letter box and just hope that works?

38 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. As long as it’s not a RFE (and your account would show it if it was) then it’s not going to delay anything. 

Yeah the fact we haven't had an actual status change (other than document returned) is good in my opinion. I am glad and relieved to hear this won't delay anything. I was terrified we were perhaps being put on hold or it won't get seen or looked at if we have this status change and others will be prioritised before ours or we will be put at the back of the queue or something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well, I think you might have triggered these series of events by requesting NOA1. For USCIS, be patient. There was a time NOAs were taking 2 months to be sent back to petitioner. 

That's under the bridge now. Just ignore the "mail being returned."

Just be patient going forward. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

20 minutes ago, Timona said:

Well, I think you might have triggered these series of events by requesting NOA1. For USCIS, be patient. There was a time NOAs were taking 2 months to be sent back to petitioner. 

That's under the bridge now. Just ignore the "mail being returned."

Just be patient going forward. 

I think emailing the lockbox like we were told to was not the problem. We didn't keep requesting the NOA1. Our original NOA1 was returned and every time we follow the instructions in the status change we just get the same thing. I think we definitely overcomplicated it for ourselves but now we don't know what to do. It tells us that if we don't do the e-request form by a certain date they will cancel our petition. So if we do nothing they will cancel it surely?

22 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

this is a USPS issue. nothing USCIS can do here ..

So best thing is to call USPS? The mail USCIS send is not tracked so I feel like this will be tricky. It just seems weird that the same letter keeps getting sent back but we have received everything else totally fine. I wouldn't be bothered at all if it wasn't for USCIS saying that they will cancel the petition if we don't sort it.

I know this, we just keep getting documents returned and then being told if we don't do something our petition will be withdrawn. We also worry we may be delayed because of this and our month is approaching in the queue.

I thought that might be the case. We wondered if perhaps the address is wrong on the actual original letter (the one that keeps being sent back and forth) since we have easily received copies of the NOA1 from USCIS. Perhaps we get USPS informed delivery, call USCIS and get them to check the address on the letter, put my fiance's name on the letter box and just hope that works?

Yeah the fact we haven't had an actual status change (other than document returned) is good in my opinion. I am glad and relieved to hear this won't delay anything. I was terrified we were perhaps being put on hold or it won't get seen or looked at if we have this status change and others will be prioritised before ours or we will be put at the back of the queue or something.

“Our month is approaching in the queue”?   You’re < 5 months in, and the USCIS official processing time for I-129F is 15 months.   It won’t be adjudicated anytime soon.

1 minute ago, SalishSea said:

“Our month is approaching in the queue”?   You’re < 5 months in, and the USCIS official processing time for I-129F is 15 months.   It won’t be adjudicated anytime soon.

According to TMVN it should be around April-May we will hear something. I understand this may not be the case I'm not complaining about the time I have to wait at all. Tbh I don't mind waiting longer than that, my fear is just that some weird admin error has happened and we will never get seen to. 

I feel like there is some unnecessary bad feelings coming from people in the replies. I am only a confused and scared beneficiary trying to navigate this long process like everyone else.

I am simply just someone who wanted to do what everyone else did and wait a quiet 12-15 months but we can't seem to get this situation behind us.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is odd that a K1 is a good option, certainly from the UK, so my impression is that we are seeing fewer of them

The ones I have seen for the first stage have been just under a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.