SamLo

1A4 Denial Twice Now

36 posts in this topic

You should search VJ for threads with similar situations. Coming across those is how I cane to know that often panel physicians require frequent testing.

I just searched now and found this thread. They were not required to do interim testing, they were instructed to repeat the medical in a year. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When on a drug ban you are required to drug test every 3 months for one year. Either the medical center does it or you get it done. You have to prove that you are clean and sober otherwise no visa will be issued and then you will get NOID

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

9 hours ago, SamLo said:

Yes, thank you for the links. I understand that he can't use marijuana. He's been a heavy user for over half his life so it's been difficult for him to stop. It's been an ongoing issue in our relationship but he has stopped and he will continue to abstain. However, I'm still confused on where to find the information on how often and when he needs to get tested. I have reached out through email, Google translated, to the medical office in the past and never received a response. My fiance has called 3 times today and they don't answer. They are quick to respond when I made the appointment but never get back to any questions asked. Do we just continue to call and email them or is there another avenue we can go through to get the necessary information?

The tests MUST done through the same Panel Physician /doctor . So you can’t afford to get frustrated /discouraged . Keep at it . 

Try reaching out to your Congressman and ask for help with forcing a response from Panel Physician .

I believe they are licensed through CDC to do immigration exams ..so get help to complain about their lack of accessibility..

Google your congressman , fill out authorization form   and email them a copy of your DL to prove your love in the district .

Dont give up

Your fellow will need to fund his way to a 12 step group ..to improve his chances of success with the visa and your future together.  
I know you and the children really want him here ..but understand that addiction is a heavy burden on the addicts family. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I received this response from the consulate. Looks like we are to do nothing for the next year, just wait. Thank you to everyone who responded and helped, I really apprecate it. 

Screenshot 2023-12-28 12.42.43 PM.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, SamLo said:

I received this response from the consulate. Looks like we are to do nothing for the next year, just wait. Thank you to everyone who responded and helped, I really apprecate it. 

"Looks like we are to do nothing....."?  Seriously?  Looks like you and your fiance have a great deal of work to do for the next year.  If I were him, I would immediately start an accredited drug rehab program with periodic drug counseling & certified testing over the next entire year.   You are going to need a lot of strong documentation.  Otherwise, he might not get another chance.

Good luck.  I hope he can overcome this. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

He lives on a little Caribbean island, there is no drug rehab program there. He is looking into seeing if they even do any form of drug testing. He called the medical office and they are refusing to give him his medical records, they told him that they sent them to the consulate. I emailed them again asking on how to get his medcal records but they didn't respond before so I am not expecting them to respond now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SamLo said:

He lives on a little Caribbean island, there is no drug rehab program there. He is looking into seeing if they even do any form of drug testing. He called the medical office and they are refusing to give him his medical records, they told him that they sent them to the consulate. I emailed them again asking on how to get his medcal records but they didn't respond before so I am not expecting them to respond now. 

Can you relocate to there for the next year? 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Can you relocate to there for the next year? 

Yeah I have thought about that extensively. However I would have to sell my place and pretty much all of my belongings. And then if and when he does get to come we would have nowhere to go. And would it be for just another year? We started this process 6 years ago so it seems neverending at this point. Also the island is expensive and my fiance barely makes enough to survive. I would have a difficult time finding a job so we would be struggling just to eat. My kids are in school and have their life here. A hurricane hit the island a few years ago and destroyed everything, including the hospital. Our mode of transportation is a motorbike and people get hurt all the time from accidents and have to wait for hours to get shipped off to the bigger island to get medical care, which is frightening as a mother. I am only allowed to stay for 3 months unless I get a visa myself, which can be done but I would need money to travel and pay all the fees and stay in hotels, not to mention just getting to the island with 3 people is very expensive. You also have to have special permission to stay on the island, which pretty much just means you need to give them a lot of money. If money was not an issue then we could make it happen. But right now, at this point in my life, I just don't think it's the best option for my children. It's not an easy decision but it is swayed by our lack of finances. 

20 minutes ago, SamLo said:

Just wanted to let you know that I hope that this all works out for you, but more importantly that you will be okay once/if he gets to the US. Dealing with a spouse with an addiction is not easy, and I hope he manages to stay clean from now on and that the adjustment of status process (which is a very challenging process because he basically will not be able to work until he has his work authorization) is not going to make him relapse.. Sending you big hugs! 

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Timeline
15 minutes ago, SamLo said:

Yeah I have thought about that extensively. However I would have to sell my place and pretty much all of my belongings. And then if and when he does get to come we would have nowhere to go. And would it be for just another year? We started this process 6 years ago so it seems neverending at this point. Also the island is expensive and my fiance barely makes enough to survive. I would have a difficult time finding a job so we would be struggling just to eat. My kids are in school and have their life here. A hurricane hit the island a few years ago and destroyed everything, including the hospital. Our mode of transportation is a motorbike and people get hurt all the time from accidents and have to wait for hours to get shipped off to the bigger island to get medical care, which is frightening as a mother. I am only allowed to stay for 3 months unless I get a visa myself, which can be done but I would need money to travel and pay all the fees and stay in hotels, not to mention just getting to the island with 3 people is very expensive. You also have to have special permission to stay on the island, which pretty much just means you need to give them a lot of money. If money was not an issue then we could make it happen. But right now, at this point in my life, I just don't think it's the best option for my children. It's not an easy decision but it is swayed by our lack of finances. 

I understand.  I was just thinking that being together might make it easier for all of you to get through another year, and it might help him to keep busy.  I would suggest he be proactive toward proving he has overcome the inadmissibility. Good luck in formulating a good plan. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I understand.  I was just thinking that being together might make it easier for all of you to get through another year, and it might help him to keep busy.  I would suggest he be proactive toward proving he has overcome the inadmissibility. Good luck in formulating a good plan. 

Thank you Crazy Cat, I really do appreciate all of your help.

1 hour ago, SamLo said:

You need to try and understand what I have now repeated over and over . ..IF you want to bring him here. 

He HAS to establish and schedule his REQUIRED 4 drug tests ..every 3 months . The testing MUUST be done through the SAME panel physician. ..or one of their partner labs . 

I know you tried calling them

..but you can’t stop trying .  Contact your congressman and have them reach out to CDC  or licensing authority . 

Your finance CAN also go there in person and get his drug tests scheduled BY or THROUGH them as well as get a COPY of his 2 failed medical exams. 

These are the things that CAN be done and if you give up …then you will waste another year …

I don’t think I am getting through to you but am puzzled as to why not .. someone please try and simplify this for OP

1. INSIST and do what it takes to communicate w medical clinic 

2. Make sure he tests ( ONLY where clinic tells him ) every 3 months 

1 hour ago, SamLo said:

He lives on a little Caribbean island, there is no drug rehab program

To get his visa , he just needs to get through /or go in person to the doctor that did medical and EVEN if doctor has never helped anyone before ..they make a few calls and figure out the protocol   

I won’t go down the Woeth Him..sad story . 12 step groups /meetings ARE available on ZOOM and are everywhere . ..where there are drugs , there are people helping each other .

Timeline
3 hours ago, Family said:

You need to try and understand what I have now repeated over and over . ..IF you want to bring him here. 

He HAS to establish and schedule his REQUIRED 4 drug tests ..every 3 months . The testing MUUST be done through the SAME panel physician. ..or one of their partner labs . 

I know you tried calling them

..but you can’t stop trying .  Contact your congressman and have them reach out to CDC  or licensing authority . 

Your finance CAN also go there in person and get his drug tests scheduled BY or THROUGH them as well as get a COPY of his 2 failed medical exams. 

These are the things that CAN be done and if you give up …then you will waste another year …

I don’t think I am getting through to you but am puzzled as to why not .. someone please try and simplify this for OP

1. INSIST and do what it takes to communicate w medical clinic 

2. Make sure he tests ( ONLY where clinic tells him ) every 3 months 

You are saying it is REQUIRED to get 4 drug tests, but where is this information coming from? I've read on other threads that that isn't always the case. I appreciate the help but you're coming off rude and condescending. Asking for someone to simplify it for me like I'm too simple to understand what you're saying. I'm going by what the consulate is telling me to do. Please show me where it says he must do drug tests every 3 months.

1 hour ago, SamLo said:

You are saying it is REQUIRED to get 4 drug tests, but where is this information coming from? I've read on other threads that that isn't always the case. I appreciate the help but you're coming off rude and condescending. Asking for someone to simplify it for me like I'm too simple to understand what you're saying. I'm going by what the consulate is telling me to do. Please show me where it says he must do drug tests every 3 months.

I hammered my point because I empathize with you and your children…I have no regard for your fellow who couldn’t be bothered to research the pot issue BEFORE his first interview…let alone the 2nd

At least acknowledging that you understand what all those engaging you have tried to explain repeatedly.  

If I was rude, it was unintentional . Was a bit harsh but with good intentions, so don’t take it to heart.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.