24 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

The OP came here on a tourist visa and had a child on Government expense, should have been something paid for by Travel Insurance.

Tried to obtain another B and of course was refused.

Child is a USC and presumably has a US Passport

Agree with the Cat re options.

Is the SO the father?

So she will need a waiver?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
6 hours ago, Cookielyon said:

I am not in the states… my partner is in the states and wants me to join him.. am in Africa at the moment 

Africa is a continent. 

Is your spouse a USC?

Inorder to know how long of a ban you are facing, when did you come to US & intend to leave? Dates

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
33 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

So she will need a waiver?

Do not know

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I didn’t over stay .. I left a month or 2 before my visa expired… right after my baby was fit to fly .. my child has his birth certificate and his US passport.. 

I contacted the health department for all bills if possible.. they posted the bill but there was nothing to be paid.. 

I asked after a few month.. almost a year cuz I wanted to clear myself..

but the bill came and it was nothing to be paid.: 

I have all the letters 

1 minute ago, Cookielyon said:

I didn’t over stay .. I left a month or 2 before my visa expired… right after my baby was fit to fly .. my child has his birth certificate and his US passport.. 

I contacted the health department for all bills if possible.. they posted the bill but there was nothing to be paid.. 

I have all the letters 

Then why are you worried?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Cookielyon said:

I have all the letters 

There's a difference between visa and allowed stay. 

A visa is issued for X years. But in each entry, you're allowed a certain number of days. You're not allowed to overstay those days.

Chasing wind here. I'm out. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

5 hours ago, Cookielyon said:

I have all the letters 

Can you give us a timeline of what happened?And answer some other questions?  
1. When did you arrive to the US? 
2. When was your baby born? 
3. When did you leave the US? 
4. What is the status of the father of your child? US citizen/ Green Card Holder/ Student/ Tourist? 
5. What was the reason for the denied visa this time?

6. Did the embassy ask you about how you paid for the birth of your child? 
7. Do you have proof of communication with hospital if the embassy does request documentation? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Which COUNTRY are you from, not continent.

How many days did they give you to stay when you entered the U.S and did you stay longer than they said you could stay?( visa expiration isn't the same thing) If you cannot answer that, no one can help you. It's easy to understand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.