Nyla J

NEED CRIMINAL RECORD FROM MEXICO CITY [merged threads]

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

***CRIMINAL RECORD/NEED ADVICE***
My husband was arrested in Mexico City 10 years ago.

I do not see any instructions for beneficiaries with a criminal record, only instruction for obtaining a certificate of no penales. But what if you have been arrested???

What documents does he need to have with him at the interview???
We were DQ'd by NVC in January 2023. By the looks of everyone else's wait time, he may get an interview in january 2024.

Anyone's spouse have a criminal record??? What did they need to bring to the interview????
Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

• 2 months later...
Timeline

My husband has a criminal record in Mexico city but the crime happened over 10 years ago. The government building he reported to is no longer there.  
He wants to just have his fingerprints run to get his criminal record. 

Can someone recommend a place for him to go to have his fingerprints run in Mexico City? 

Or recommend an attorney in Mexico City to help him get this done?

Thanks

• Chancy changed the title to NEED CRIMINAL RECORD FROM MEXICO CITY [merged threads]

*** Merged another related thread, and removed similar post from another member's thread.  Please post your questions/updates related to this topic in THIS thread only to keep the background info and discussion in one place.  Do not create another thread about police certificates or criminal records from Mexico. ***

Timeline
16 hours ago, Chancy said:

*** Merged another related thread, and removed similar post from another member's thread.  Please post your questions/updates related to this topic in THIS thread only to keep the background info and discussion in one place.  Do not create another thread about police certificates or criminal records from Mexico. ***

The merged threads are not getting seen by members.

These are not the same questions I'm asking. 

Now no one is seeing it and I can't get info.

My husband's interview is January 4th. I need responses! The merged threads are suppressing my chance to get timely responses.

My first question was about obtaining a CRIMINAL RECORD.

My second question is about the POLICE CERTIFICATE itself.

These are two very different things and now no one will see my question. 

Oh my God,  this whole process is oppressive. Even down to trying to get help!!

People are stressed out and desperate. This site is supposed to help not add to the madness of this process. 

Edited by Nyla J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Nyla J said:

The merged threads are not getting seen by members.

These are not the same questions I'm asking. 

Now no one is seeing it and I can't get info.

My husband's interview is January 4th. I need responses! The merged threads are suppressing my chance to get timely responses.

My first question was about obtaining a CRIMINAL RECORD.

My second question is about the POLICE CERTIFICATE itself.

These are two very different things and now no one will see my question. 

Oh my God,  this whole process is oppressive. Even down to trying to get help!!

People are stressed out and desperate. This site is supposed to help not add to the madness of this process. 

threads are merged if they have a common theme - which the above do.
the terms of service (tos) specifically prohibits spamming this website, which multiple threads on the same subject would do, hence why they were merged into this one.
this site is a member experience site - it does not have a group of lawyers waiting in a room reading posts so they can be answered.  patience is a necessity as the right
members with experience/knowledge in someone's situation have to be online and run across your thread.
lastly, the post by "Mike E" above should indicate what you need. 

Charles
vj moderation

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 10:45 AM, Ban Hammer said:

threads are merged if they have a common theme - which the above do.
the terms of service (tos) specifically prohibits spamming this website, which multiple threads on the same subject would do, hence why they were merged into this one.
this site is a member experience site - it does not have a group of lawyers waiting in a room reading posts so they can be answered.  patience is a necessity as the right
members with experience/knowledge in someone's situation have to be online and run across your thread.
lastly, the post by "Mike E" above should indicate what you need. 

Charles
vj moderation

My point exactly!! The answer you're looking at (from Mike e) is for a question I asked in OCTOBER. That is not my question anymore. I'm asking a question in DECEMBER.  A new question. But because the threads are merged you think I'm asking the OCTOBER question.  I'm not. I'm passed that and found an answer to that 2 months ago!

I asked 2 questions in DECEMBER that are not related to the OCTOBER question but simply because I used the term "criminal record" y'all think they are related. They are not. And you've just proved my point. You looked at a question I've already got the answer to .... and other members will do the same. And Mike e's OCTOBER answer does not answer my DECEMBER questions because they are two, now three,  different questions. 

This is exactly why people's questions need to be left alone and not merged.

Man!! I post the same questions in fb groups because I get the benefit of having individual posts (no threat of merging) but then I'm fighting the algorithm. 

In VJ, there's no algorithm but I'm fighting the chance that an admin will look at my post, see a repeated phrase and completely miss the nuance. Then decide its the same topic when it's not. 

Can't win. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.