alegra

I-751 Removal of Conditions, November 2023 Filers

115 posts in this topic

Can someone post their I-751 Table OF Contents? I am preparing mine and I would like to know what to include and in what order. I see that others post have included certain variations, but they al have comments from others to remove or include things so I am not sure which one is a complete one. If someone has it handy and would like to share, I would appreciate that 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This is what we included:

Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
Deed for new home with both our names
Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
Tricare Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
Utility application showing both our names for our current address    

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Well…. My time to file has come :) my window opens later this month and I’ll probably send out the packet after Thanksgiving.

54 minutes ago, alegra said:

Can someone post their I-751 Table OF Contents?

Take a look at this one too by @Rocio0010 that I bookmarked a while ago:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

Well…. My time to file has come :) my window opens later this month and I’ll probably send out the packet after Thanksgiving.

Awwwww.... #tbt to when I filed my six pounder!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Looking back I had a grand total of 44 pages, 20 of which were tax return transcripts, the rest were joint apartment contracts, insurance, joint property deed, property tax statements and some random utility bills that were in either one of our names. No photos, no affidavits.

4 hours ago, powerpuff said:

I saw that one, but this is the exact same one where everyone is commenting. it does have a lot of extra things included, so thats why I was hoping someone had a good one that worked for them. To be honest, it does look like there are a lot of unnecessary thing included

4 minutes ago, alegra said:

I saw that one, but this is the exact same one where everyone is commenting. it does have a lot of extra things included, so thats why I was hoping someone had a good one that worked for them. To be honest, it does look like there are a lot of unnecessary thing included

Does it include:

- bus timetable

- weather forecast

- research paper on cosmic rays

?

I think all the evidence listed is relevant for I-751.

Can you give an example of unnecessary evidence?

5 hours ago, OldUser said:

Does it include:

- bus timetable

- weather forecast

- research paper on cosmic rays

?

I think all the evidence listed is relevant for I-751.

Can you give an example of unnecessary evidence?

I definitely have all that and more. I was just going by the comments saying that since we submitted some of these with the AOS, not so many are needed for I 751. That is why I am asking for one. For example, if you have one ID with a matching address, is it necessary to show the previous once and international one as well? Doesn't that seem like you are just trying to fluff? Same with health insurance, car insurance, etc. Each section feels like they are basically showing one thing, but with many different documents, it seems very repetitive and unnecessary considering you probably submitted half of them with AOS. This is what I am confused about: is it just the current of the joint one" that is not necessary, but I have to show "previous" for everything? I understand that the lease, bank account, and tax may need to include previous years to show longevity, but is it really necessary for everything else, like in this example?

Great thank you for clarifying @alegra. Here's my understanding (I'm not a lawyer). I would not submit anything from pre-marriage era. The instructions ask for evidence from start of marriage until date of filing. If you interpret it literally, you'd be resubmitting things like old leases, insurance etc along with current ones. That's what I did and got approved without RFE / interview. Others only submitted stuff for the timeframe from AOS approval until recent and got approved. Was there some repetition? Sure, in my case about 20% of evidence was repeated, but 80% was new evidence since AOS.

Edited by OldUser

23 hours ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

Looking back I had a grand total of 44 pages, 20 of which were tax return transcripts, the rest were joint apartment contracts, insurance, joint property deed, property tax statements and some random utility bills that were in either one of our names. No photos, no affidavits.

Hi, did you send any tax forms or schedules with tax transcripts or just the tax transcripts?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nelly_M said:

Hi, did you send any tax forms or schedules with tax transcripts or just the tax transcripts?

I did the previous two years and provided both the 1040 forms (with schedules, straight out of TurboTax) and IRS transcripts for both years (downloaded from irs.gov). 

2 minutes ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

I did the previous two years and provided both the 1040 forms (with schedules, straight out of TurboTax) and IRS transcripts for both years (downloaded from irs.gov). 

I only included IRS tax return transcripts. Approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
On 11/4/2023 at 8:24 PM, alegra said:

I definitely have all that and more. I was just going by the comments saying that since we submitted some of these with the AOS, not so many are needed for I 751. That is why I am asking for one. For example, if you have one ID with a matching address, is it necessary to show the previous once and international one as well? Doesn't that seem like you are just trying to fluff? Same with health insurance, car insurance, etc. Each section feels like they are basically showing one thing, but with many different documents, it seems very repetitive and unnecessary considering you probably submitted half of them with AOS. This is what I am confused about: is it just the current of the joint one" that is not necessary, but I have to show "previous" for everything? I understand that the lease, bank account, and tax may need to include previous years to show longevity, but is it really necessary for everything else, like in this example?

A lot of the documents that I submitted for my 751 were new in time, just the same type for AOS. For example, bank statements. Some of those, such as leases, covered the whole marriage, since that's what they are asking in the instructions.  If you think that following instructions to the T is fluffing, so be it. I don't think the officers handling my cases saw it that way, since both my AOS and ROC interview were waived.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 11/4/2023 at 1:44 PM, alegra said:

I was hoping someone had a good one that worked for them. 

I have a good one. Mine was 40 pages or less: evidence + I-751 pages. 

Follow what @Rocio0010 had and just omit/ sub what you don't have.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.