alegra

I-751 Removal of Conditions, November 2023 Filers

115 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

We got our Online Access Letter and that they're reusing biometrics letter today. Didn't get the actual receipt though, so I am hoping that is coming in the next few days. The PDF shows up on my online account. Does anyone know if I can print that off and use it to renew my husband's driver's license? 

It weirdly expired on his birthday and not when his green card expires in December... They always have told us that the driver's licenses in Wisconsin expire with the visa of the person that has it. 

Package was received November 10th, they charged my credit card the 13th. Then Text notification the 14th. The date on the NOA 1 is the 16th. We have Nebraska Service Center. 

Here is to the long wait! 

6 minutes ago, Lrjohnsona said:

We got our Online Access Letter and that they're reusing biometrics letter today. Didn't get the actual receipt though, so I am hoping that is coming in the next few days. The PDF shows up on my online account. Does anyone know if I can print that off and use it to renew my husband's driver's license? 

He can try but not sure he's gonna have success.

8 minutes ago, Lrjohnsona said:

It weirdly expired on his birthday and not when his green card expires in December... They always have told us that the driver's licenses in Wisconsin expire with the visa of the person that has it. 

He's no longer on visa though. He's LPR. At least in California I got 5 year DL expiring on my birthday last time I renewed it on conditional GC.

Here is our timeline so far:

package was delivered on 11/14/23

received a confirmation text on 11/16/23

check cashed on 11/17/23

Nothing has been received in the mail so far. I am not sure what is the typical time  needed to receive a notice. 

Also, we have a few days vacation getaway planned the first week of December. I hope that we will not have to postpone it in case we have to get biometrics done. I never knew that’s done soon after submission, but reading some comments it seems that comes soon after (in case it is needed). Do they send  us a notice in the mail or do we have to rely on the online account? 

Edited by Nelly_M

On 11/18/2023 at 6:28 AM, alegra said:

We have similar timelines. They received my package on 8th, sent it on 10th, and now on 18th schedule biometrics. What worries me that I have not received a single letter  by mail. You would think that if they sent it on 10th I would I also have informed delivery, and that does not show anything from them coming. Did yo receive your letters by mail yet?

Do you mind sharing when your biometric appointment is scheduled? 
I just saw online that ours was scheduled as well on 11/25 (even though today is 11/24), but I cannot see for which date. We did not receive anything in the mail yet. I am just wondering what is the time window between notice of biometric appointment and the actual appointment. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Hopefully we will get ours in the mail soon. I wonder if we do not receive anything in the mail by then, do we just print the documents from online account and take it to the biometric appointment?

Are you able to see the date in your online account? If so and you know what date it is for sure, you can probably print and bring. The one I received by mail its on a regular white paper. You can always call your application center and ask

8 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Hopefully we will get ours in the mail soon. I wonder if we do not receive anything in the mail by then, do we just print the documents from online account and take it to the biometric appointment?

Yes, that's the best bet.

23 hours ago, alegra said:

Are you able to see the date in your online account? If so and you know what date it is for sure, you can probably print and bring. The one I received by mail its on a regular white paper. You can always call your application center and ask

Yes, I was able to locate the ASC appt notice online with the actual date. I guess I will just print it out instead of waiting for the original to arrive in the mail. 

On 11/25/2023 at 11:22 AM, alegra said:

I am just reading the instructions for biometric appointment, and it says to bring the ASC appointment notice (Form I-797C), but the version I printed online doesn’t have form I-797C written on it, just ASC Appointment Notice. Does your version state Form I-797C anywhere? 

15 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

I am just reading the instructions for biometric appointment, and it says to bring the ASC appointment notice (Form I-797C), but the version I printed online doesn’t have form I-797C written on it, just ASC Appointment Notice. Does your version state Form I-797C anywhere? 

I bet it does. Online printout is not exactly the same as printed version in the mail. Still, you should attend the appointment even if you don't receive it in the mail. How long ago was the biometrics appointment scheduled? It can take 4-6 weeks to get the paper in the mail, especially during holidays.

2 hours ago, OldUser said:

I bet it does. Online printout is not exactly the same as printed version in the mail. Still, you should attend the appointment even if you don't receive it in the mail. How long ago was the biometrics appointment scheduled? It can take 4-6 weeks to get the paper in the mail, especially during holidays.

Yes, the appointment will be attended. We just want to make sure we have the right documents before the appt. 
Also, my husband doesn’t speak perfect English. I wonder if it ok for me to go with him for his biometric appt just in case he might need some help or is it just in and out type of thing? I don’t know how biometric appt looks like. 

29 minutes ago, Nelly_M said:

Yes, the appointment will be attended. We just want to make sure we have the right documents before the appt. 
Also, my husband doesn’t speak perfect English. I wonder if it ok for me to go with him for his biometric appt just in case he might need some help or is it just in and out type of thing? I don’t know how biometric appt looks like. 

The biometric appointment should only take 10-15 minutes. The interaction is pretty simple. From what I recall, you fill the form on paper asking for your name, date of birth and citizenship.

Then you show ID, personnel takes your fingerprints. Something like that.

You can try going together, but I'm not sure you're going to be let in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Package received: 11/9

Notice date: 11/16

My case was assigned to California Service Center in Laguna Niguel, when my address is Los Angles, oh my.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.