mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

456 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

For ours, we included the DS-3025 was provided by civil surgeon when medical was done with the K-1 Visa ....
That said, we are currently in a "case decision step - 3 months to complete" state so maybe it means we might be awaiting another RFE ... 
Can't say ....

Online they show the final page which was signed by the civil doc in Brazil.
DS-3025 .... We sent the origional we had from our K1 Visa packet return ...
They didn't take it at the boarder so it still had a photo of her...

Who knows, if I learn something, happy to share

Thanks so much for your response!

I was really confused about the I-693 form, but I am glad I did the right thing sending DS-3025 with the AOS package. 

I really hope you don’t get an RFE and get a quick approval instead! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

DS3025 is for K1 visa medical examination before entering US, I-693 form is for AOS after entering US, which means you need to find a doctor (on USCIS website) in US to complete this form for you. 

It’s more safe (avoid RFE) to submit 693 with AOS, but like I said, submitting 3025 could just be enough. You don’t have to include 693 if you already gave them 3025. Just personal preference, I like to play safe….

See details https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

I sent my AOS package yesterday with DS-3025 only. I read about I-693 afterwards and got nervous. But I guess now I have to wait and see if they will ask for I-693. 
Thanks for your response!

Edited by Kristina582

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@grumpypiggy, since you seem to be in the lead for all of us, Do keep us up to date with regards to when you receive any/all of your approvals and physical cards.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, mw & rg k1 said:

@grumpypiggy, since you seem to be in the lead for all of us, Do keep us up to date with regards to when you receive any/all of your approvals and physical cards.

will do! I keep it all updated on my timeline.

My 765 status changed to Card Was Produced on Nov 9th. Hope I can see the card in mail this week, so I can go to DMV and get my DL renewed and get a Real ID

8 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

will do! I keep it all updated on my timeline.

My 765 status changed to Card Was Produced on Nov 9th. Hope I can see the card in mail this week, so I can go to DMV and get my DL renewed and get a Real ID

Awesome - glad you were able to get through this process so quickly. Our biometrics is on Wednesday hoping for a speedy process too!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
7 minutes ago, XinTing said:

Awesome - glad you were able to get through this process so quickly. Our biometrics is on Wednesday hoping for a speedy process too!

Best luck to you as well! 

I just asked emma and got the tracking number for my EAD card, seems like it got created today and has not been picked up by USPS yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/13/2023 at 10:52 AM, grumpypiggy said:

Best luck to you as well! 

I just asked emma and got the tracking number for my EAD card, seems like it got created today and has not been picked up by USPS yet.

Still shows as 3 months on my (wifes) USCIS ... and today. Casetrack (group around my case passes the 50% done for EAD ... 😭

Wish there was something to do other than wait.

Screenshot_20231114_132015_CaseTrack.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
24 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Got the EAD card today!!! 🙏

It's delivered via USPS Priority Mail, took 3 business days.

Life is getting better it seems.  We are still waiting on the code for access to the USCIS website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

My wife aos package was received by uscis on Oct 27th. Up until now there is no word from them. Is there a way I can follow up the status of the aos?

I take this back!!!

My wife received her case number via text message a few hours after creating my previous post...

4 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Life is getting better it seems.  We are still waiting on the code for access to the USCIS website

Us too - I have the receipts I added to my account but we haven’t gotten the access code letter yet. We did biometrics today! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
52 minutes ago, XinTing said:

Us too - I have the receipts I added to my account but we haven’t gotten the access code letter yet. We did biometrics today! 

Waiting on the code so I can check and see when my wife is scheduled for biometrics, either that or the appointment letter in the mail. Still waiting on that as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.