mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

458 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
7 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

October chat didn't get started until I stole the welcome message from another group and opened one ...
If your Nov, feel free to create one 

(although, there are a lot of cool people here that are prompt on status updates).
Still jealous of @grumpypiggy;)

Thanks so much for responding!

You are right, I may as well stay here because it will be nice to hear updates of applications submitted before mine. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Received all three I-797C's in the mail today for my wife's I-485, I-765, and I-131. What I found intriguing is wording indicating that a biometrics appointment may not be necessary, but if one is then an appointment notification will be sent.

How long after folks received the NOA did they receive the USCIS log in ID?

1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

Received all three I-797C's in the mail today for my wife's I-485, I-765, and I-131. What I found intriguing is wording indicating that a biometrics appointment may not be necessary, but if one is then an appointment notification will be sent.

I got my online account access notice about 6-7 days after receiving those initial NOAs

23 minutes ago, Elisab24 said:

I got my online account access notice about 6-7 days after receiving those initial NOAs

Wait is the online access different than the NOA with case numbers? And different than the biometric appointment letter?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, XinTing said:

Wait is the online access different than the NOA with case numbers? And different than the biometric appointment letter?

Yes, it's different. The notice type is called "USCIS Account Access Notice". 

image.thumb.png.65a33415f4a33855f1f383963dd42e47.png

Edited by grumpypiggy

Timeline
2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

It really varies... I received the code 5 days before NOAs lol

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nyeomi said:

My spouse never received the DS-3025, and I’m confused on how to get it. 

That’s the form you received after you get your medical examination for your visa before entering US. If you don’t have it, you need to bring every vaccination records you have and go find a USCIS designated doctor that can do I-693 form for you.

fyi: I did not include DS-3025 (although i had one) but I-693 form for my AOS package. As far as i know, 3025 is not necessary for AOS but 693 is much more required for immigration purposes. Some people submit 3025 but still got RFE for missing 693.

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

Thanks so much for responding!

You are right, I may as well stay here because it will be nice to hear updates of applications submitted before mine. 

Your welcome ... and welcome to stay ....

Who knows, you just might be faster than some of us in the group too (like myself) ...
Either way, Intend to keep the group active as much as possible until those here hear something ....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Can somebody clarify sone questions I have about Form I-693? 
I see a lot of people have mentioned here that we should submit I-693 with AOS package, but my husband claims he never got that from from the civil surgeon when he was doing medical exam for his K-1 visa. He says it might have been in the sealed envelope that he gave at the border. He never got an extra copy of it. He has his DS-3025, which I submitted with his AOS package. 
Can somebody tell me if he was supposed to have a copy of his I-693? Or we need to go to another civil surgeon to have the form filled out again?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

I see a lot of people have mentioned here that we should submit I-693 with AOS package, but my husband claims he never got that from from the civil surgeon when he was doing medical exam for his K-1 visa. He says it might have been in the sealed envelope that he gave at the border. He never got an extra copy of it. He has his DS-3025, which I submitted with his AOS package. 
Can somebody tell me if he was supposed to have a copy of his I-693? Or we need to go to another civil surgeon to have the form filled out again?

For ours, we included the DS-3025 was provided by civil surgeon when medical was done with the K-1 Visa ....
That said, we are currently in a "case decision step - 3 months to complete" state so maybe it means we might be awaiting another RFE ... 
Can't say ....

Online they show the final page which was signed by the civil doc in Brazil.
DS-3025 .... We sent the origional we had from our K1 Visa packet return ...
They didn't take it at the boarder so it still had a photo of her...

Who knows, if I learn something, happy to share

Edited by mw & rg k1
a little more data

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

DS3025 is for K1 visa medical examination before entering US, I-693 form is for AOS after entering US, which means you need to find a doctor (on USCIS website) in US to complete this form for you. 

It’s more safe (avoid RFE) to submit 693 with AOS, but like I said, submitting 3025 could just be enough. You don’t have to include 693 if you already gave them 3025. Just personal preference, I like to play safe….

See details https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

The original document I-693 was filled out by the Civil surgeon for the K1 visa. All that was given to us was the associated DS-3025 with the immunizations on it after the appointment. I asked the doctor for a copy of the I-693 but was told they could not give one to us as only the original plus a copy, they had made, were already sealed in the package that would be mailed to us after the K1 interview.  I was told the package was to stay unopened and given to the CBP agent upon our arrival in the US. When my wife asked the CBP officer at the POE about the form she was told all documents in the envelope were going to be sent to USCIS and were not needed by us.  She was told not to worry about it.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

The original document I-693 was filled out by the Civil surgeon for the K1 visa. All that was given to us was the associated DS-3025 with the immunizations on it after the appointment. I asked the doctor for a copy of the I-693 but was told they could not give one to us as only the original plus a copy, they had made, were already sealed in the package that would be mailed to us after the K1 interview.  I was told the package was to stay unopened and given to the CBP agent upon our arrival in the US. When my wife asked the CBP officer at the POE about the form she was told all documents in the envelope were going to be sent to USCIS and were not needed by us.  She was told not to worry about it.

interesting…i didn’t know k1 examination included 693. If that’s the case, then I think it’s fine.

Personal experience: i found a doctor, did some blood tests for antibody, got pfizer covid vaccine and flu shot (doctor told me the covid vaccine I got from China is not recognized by USCIS…)

Edited by grumpypiggy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

interesting…i didn’t know k1 examination included 693. If that’s the case, then I think it’s fine.

Personal experience: i found a doctor, did some blood tests for antibody, got pfizer covid vaccine and flu shot (doctor told me the covid vaccine I got from China is not recognized by USCIS…)

My wife's medical was done in Thailand.  I know others elsewhere who did it and had different procedures.  We still have the CD for her chest x-ray, they said it was not needed.  She did have all of her vaccinations done by the doctor during the medical and then had the Flu vaccination. She had proof of the 2 Astrazenica covid vaccines as well as the Pfizer booster which she gave the doctor at the medical.  She then completed the vaccine series for the ones given during the medical just prior to us flying to the US.  Those documents were also included with the DS 3025 sent with the I-485.  CPB did not want them upon entry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.