mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

463 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/19/2023 at 10:41 PM, ThailandR said:

Just used the case tracker app......depressed now apparently they sent an RFE notice on the 14th.  I thought I had included everything in the I-485 packet......guess we will find out this week. If we had the access code I could check on the USCIS site to see the document, but alas no access code yet.

And with me ... I'm certain all the docs where there in the packet ... oh well,  just waiting and waiting

Timeline
15 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

finally received hard copy of  wife noa  for i-485 and i-765. 

any one  know the  waiting period for i-765?

Seems to be just as unpredictable as the k-1 ...

Some get lucky and have it quick (@grumpypiggy) and some (like me) are waiting and have ~3 months listed in thr online account

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
34 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

And with me ... I'm certain all the docs where there in the packet ... oh well,  just waiting and waiting

Just looked over my wifes I-485.. I think I know why the RFE.  I checked the "No" box for the public charge box instead of yes and filling out the other questions......ugh.  Now to just wait for the RFE to confirm that's what they want....I hope so. Not sure why I selected "No". She is not an asylum or refugee seeker per se, yet she is from Myanmar, and us an ethnic Karen who are being persecuted and hunted down by the Junta.

8 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Just looked over my wifes I-485.. I think I know why the RFE.  I checked the "No" box for the public charge box instead of yes and filling out the other questions......ugh.  Now to just wait for the RFE to confirm that's what they want....I hope so. Not sure why I selected "No". She is not an asylum or refugee seeker per se, yet she is from Myanmar, and us an ethnic Karen who are being persecuted and hunted down by the Junta.

Probably! That was a tough one, i had to do research for that question and I know a lot of other people got confused and selected no instead of yes. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

I also answered with No, but haven’t received any RFE yet. Guess we will see…Please keep us posted if your RFE is related to this question.

I know a lot of people are confusing about it (including me). Still don’t know what’s the right answer…

Edited by grumpypiggy

32 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

I also answered with No, but haven’t received any RFE yet. Guess we will see…Please keep us posted if your RFE is related to this question.

I know a lot of people are confusing about it (including me). Still don’t know what’s the right answer…

It’s yes because the question asks if we (foreign spouse) are inadmissible in case we become dependent on government support. We are indeed inadmissible, we have to sustain ourselves on our own, and that’s why our American petitioners are asked to prove they can financially support us so that we won’t have to rely on public aid. The only categories to answer that question as no are asylum seekers, refugees, U-visa holders etc since they are allowed to benefit from government support and still maintain lawful presence. More info at https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-g-chapter-3

Lol had to read the whole page (and some others) and ask around to find out the right answer when I was preparing the AOS package. I wouldn’t be surprised if some USCIS officers dont even pay attention to that question in the form and don’t issue an RFE, since a lot of people get it wrong but provide the required info in the affidavit anyway.

Edited by serret

Timeline
1 hour ago, serret said:

It’s yes because the question asks if we (foreign spouse) are inadmissible in case we become dependent on government support. We are indeed inadmissible, we have to sustain ourselves on our own, and that’s why our American petitioners are asked to prove they can financially support us so that we won’t have to rely on public aid. The only categories to answer that question as no are asylum seekers, refugees, U-visa holders etc since they are allowed to benefit from government support and still maintain lawful presence. More info at https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-g-chapter-3

Lol had to read the whole page (and some others) and ask around to find out the right answer when I was preparing the AOS package. I wouldn’t be surprised if some USCIS officers dont even pay attention to that question in the form and don’t issue an RFE, since a lot of people get it wrong but provide the required info in the affidavit anyway.

Thanks for clarifying! We will upload correction doc online next week before they send us RFE (hopefully not lol)

Edited by grumpypiggy

Timeline
11 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Thanks for clarifying! We will upload correction doc online next week before they send us RFE (hopefully not lol)

How can upload online?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, serret said:

Then mine is wrong as well, because I answered “No”….

Timeline
1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

How can upload online?

Once you got the online access code, you can upload solicited evidence in myUSCIS under the case you want.

Timeline
3 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

Now, I am confused as well .... aiaiai

Timeline

So who else (other than @grumpypiggy) has their work card approved or in hand?

We are officially in the lower 1/2 of our processing traunch now.  Aiaiai

Screenshot_20231121_154454_Chrome.jpg

Timeline
52 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Once you got the online access code, you can upload solicited evidence in myUSCIS under the case you want.

Hopefully the access code comes soon, since an RFE is on its way according to the case tracker....

Timeline
56 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

So who else (other than @grumpypiggy) has their work card approved or in hand?

We are officially in the lower 1/2 of our processing traunch now.  Aiaiai

Screenshot_20231121_154454_Chrome.jpg

Where is the tracker for this one found.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Where is the tracker for this one found.

https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-485/IOE-LB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.