mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

470 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline
On 11/28/2023 at 1:31 PM, OsmanMCFC said:

Hi All,

Thanks for the info on this forum its really helping.

My NOA for my EAD was 9/27 and my biometrics was 10/31 still have nothing for both my EAD and AOS but it says they are actively reviewing my case.

on my online account the AOS states '5 months' on the 'Myprogress' section

for my EAD it originally told me '2 weeks' until case decision on 'Myprogress' after my biometrics appointment on 10/31. 

2 weeks went by a while ago and it is just stuck on :

'Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.'

Is anyone else in this same position? 

I just feel like i'm stuck in limbo all over again.

USCIS are insufferable they have no regards to us honest people who left everything, have came here legally, waited over 2 years and just want to get our lives back on track and off pause mode !

I had my biometrics on 11/01 after that all it shows is - "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" .

I had the same for EAD, at first it said 2 weeks and when 2 weeks passed I now have the same message without new progress estimate. 

For AOS it shows 5 months. Who knows how long it will take. As far I see here California cases are quick with EAD...

I do hope for early Christmas gift like EAD card in hand or combo, that would be amazing :D

Edited by Ieva&Brian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ieva&Brian said:

I had my biometrics on 11/01 after that all it shows is - "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" .

I had the same for EAD, at first it said 2 weeks and when 2 weeks passed I now have the same message without new progress estimate. 

For AOS it shows 5 months. Who knows how long it will take. As far I see here California cases are quick with EAD...

I do hope for early Christmas gift like EAD card in hand or combo, that would be amazing :D

Honestly, cant ever trust USCIS timelines they are extremely unreliable and always change...

I hope yours comes soon then, i don't know how long its taking here in Massachusetts but i'm trying to be optimistic, just feels like K1 process all over again...

Best of luck to you.

Post your updates on this thread!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, OsmanMCFC said:

Honestly, cant ever trust USCIS timelines they are extremely unreliable and always change...

I hope yours comes soon then, i don't know how long its taking here in Massachusetts but i'm trying to be optimistic, just feels like K1 process all over again...

Best of luck to you.

Post your updates on this thread!

@leva&Brian ....
Agree (unfortunately) with Osman ... timeline even on USCIS site is a poor estimator or tool to plan for anything.
We are stuck waiting on the I765 at the moment unable to get Drivers License or SSN Name update complete until the Government finishes with that .... aiaiai

For everyone where the status to “case is actively being reviewed” did you ever have a status update saying “fingerprints were taken”. We still have no online access code and no updates on our case status tracker other than “fingerprints were taken” 

9 minutes ago, XinTing said:

For everyone where the status to “case is actively being reviewed” did you ever have a status update saying “fingerprints were taken”. We still have no online access code and no updates on our case status tracker other than “fingerprints were taken” 

I never got that status. My status was “Rfe response received” then after my biometrics on Nov 16, EAD and AOS statuses turned into “case actively reviewed.” My EAD timeline was also estimated to be 2 weeks, but then last week it turned into “taking longer than expected.” AP status is still “case received,” no changes so far.

Edited by serret

1 hour ago, mw & rg k1 said:

@leva&Brian ....
Agree (unfortunately) with Osman ... timeline even on USCIS site is a poor estimator or tool to plan for anything.
We are stuck waiting on the I765 at the moment unable to get Drivers License or SSN Name update complete until the Government finishes with that .... aiaiai

Oh shoot… I just passed the knowledge test for the driving permit and they told me to change the name on my SSN card to my married name first before getting my permit issued. I’ll go to the SSA office tomorrow and see if they can update my name so that I can proceed with the driving permit. Not being able to drive is a big limitation in the Midwest🥲

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, serret said:

Oh shoot… I just passed the knowledge test for the driving permit and they told me to change the name on my SSN card to my married name first before getting my permit issued. I’ll go to the SSA office tomorrow and see if they can update my name so that I can proceed with the driving permit. Not being able to drive is a big limitation in the Midwest🥲

My wife had the same problem. She went to the SSA and they told her that she first needs her EAD before she can make the change. We are in Massachusetts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
28 minutes ago, biscoito1r said:

My wife had the same problem. She went to the SSA and they told her that she first needs her EAD before she can make the change. We are in Massachusetts.

My wife applied for her CA. ID card. It never arrived and after a call to DMV we were told it was because her I-94 was expiring and the other NOA documents would not suffice.  Was told she needed her EAD card....insanity.  tried to add her to the Bank accounts and was told the same thing, didn't matter that she was on the household bills and had a SSN.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

Just checked the USCIS My Progress tab, it now says 1 week for EAD approval.

Mine said 1 week .... and just now it changed to "Taking longer than expected" (for the second time.

They should just remove these estimators ... the estimate is totally useless.

USCIS.jpg.1e41f3e1f29441a94811afab01bf6c5d.jpg

Edited by mw & rg k1

Hi everyone! I just learned that there is a thread of AOS by month as well! Happy to see many familiar faces from the K1 forums. 

Just to give a quick overview of our timeline:

16 Oct: submitted packet

18 Oct: packet received

26 Oct: NOA1

Still waiting for biometrics to be scheduled sigh. Our local office is Providence, RI. 

As many are mentioning, the my USCIS tracking seems to be very off as both my AP and EAD would have been approved weeks ago lol. The estimate for AOS shows 4 months, but I highly doubt it. 

Glad to see so many of you already in the biometrics process!

17 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Mine said 1 week .... and just now it changed to "Taking longer than expected" (for the second time.

They should just remove these estimators ... the estimate is totally useless.

USCIS.jpg.1e41f3e1f29441a94811afab01bf6c5d.jpg

mine said that a few days prior to approval so I would ignore those messages. Hopefully, your approval comes soon! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Eb24 said:

mine said that a few days prior to approval so I would ignore those messages. Hopefully, your approval comes soon! 

Second time I have seen it .... I to hope it is soon.
So many further steps to complete once she finally has something official from Govnmt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.