mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

455 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Finally i got the chance to have a live chat via emma today and got updates on:

My I-485 interview was marked as waived on 10/27/2023 and my case is still with NBC (not with a field office as I wish)

My EAD card is in production (although not updated on case status)

fyi: I received my NOAs of 485+765 and bio appt letters in mail yesterday…..still missing 131 NOA

Edited by grumpypiggy

3 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

I mailed mine on Oct 20 and it was delivered by USPS on Oct 23 to the Chicago lockbox. I paid by personal check and still no update and the check has not been cashed.

Ours was very similar - it took weeks for my check to clear and then we just got our notices via mail this past week (we got text notification October 23).

I wonder if the Chicago lockbox is just slower??

10 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Finally i got the chance to have a live chat via emma today and got updates on:

My I-485 interview was marked as waived on 10/27/2023 and my case is still with NBC (not with a field office as I wish)

My EAD card is in production (although not updated on case status)

fyi: I received my NOAs of 485+765 and bio appt letters in mail yesterday…..still missing 131 NOA

Wow yours is processing so quickly! Hope everything gets completed swiftly! 

We just received notice of biometrics appointment in the mail today (11/7) when I checked online it still just says “biometrics fee received” with no update. The Chicago lockbox received our application 10/6 but our NOA wasn’t until 10/23; so for those who haven’t heard anything yet, it could take a while 

On 10/27/2023 at 5:51 PM, ThailandR said:

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

Yes, we did the same thing you did and received a SSN with the same notation written on it. 

11 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

I mailed mine on Oct 20 and it was delivered by USPS on Oct 23 to the Chicago lockbox. I paid by personal check and still no update and the check has not been cashed.

*Update: I just received 3 texts today 11/7/23, that paperwork was received. My check still hasn't been cashed though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Romelus21 said:

*Update: I just received 3 texts today 11/7/23, that paperwork was received. My check still hasn't been cashed though.

Give it a day, and you should see your check showing up in your bank account as paid.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Romelus21 said:

Yes, we did the same thing you did and received a SSN with the same notation written on it. 

On 10/27/2023 at 2:51 PM, ThailandR said:

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

I heard you need to go to the SSN place to update and remove that after receiving green card.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

I heard you need to go to the SSN place to update and remove that after receiving green card.

I was told the same thing. With the EAD they will not change it I was told because you are not in LPR status yet.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Elisab24 said:

Just got my online access notice for USCIS and the biometrics appointment is on 11/24. Wish it was sooner, but I don’t believe you can reschedule for a sooner appt just due to lack of patience, right? 😭😂

maybe you should try your luck to walk-in at your ASC perhaps....

I was successfully walk-in and got it done on 11/2 instead of 11/16 at SF early in the morning. I knew my ASC accept walk-in, because I did the same thing for my F1 OPT EAD bio appt at the same place in 2017😂

Edited by grumpypiggy

3 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

maybe you should try your luck to walk-in at your ASC perhaps....

I was successfully walk-in and got it done on 11/2 instead of 11/16 at SF early in the morning. I knew my ASC accept walk-in, because I did the same thing for my F1 OPT EAD bio appt at the same place in 2017😂

Yeah, I think that may be my best option. Thanks for the sound advice!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Do you guys know if there’s a chat for November AOS filers. I can’t find it. I would really appreciate if someone can send me the link(if there’s one). 

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Kristina582 said:

Do you guys know if there’s a chat for November AOS filers. I can’t find it. I would really appreciate if someone can send me the link(if there’s one). 

I have not seen one posted as of yet. I just did a search and did not find one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kristina582 said:

October chat didn't get started until I stole the welcome message from another group and opened one ...
If your Nov, feel free to create one 

(although, there are a lot of cool people here that are prompt on status updates).
Still jealous of @grumpypiggy;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.