mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

448 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, badwolfxi said:

W-2s are not sufficient by themselves, he needs to send the tax transcripts of the most recent tax year and optionally of the previous two years as well. They can be accessed from the IRS website. Just Google tax transcripts IRS

Thanks! After asking various Facebook groups and chats, this is the answer I received as well. We'll be uploading the tax return transcripts from IRS. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

They took forever to send us the form that looked like the "enter code" part of adding an account ...

once you get that form, (has online access 1/3 of the way down on the right) if you are still unclear, send me a email/message and will be glad to help

5 hours ago, serret said:

Just got the online account letter and finally were able to add the case to our online account! We also found a copy of the biometrics letter under "Documents" and learned when I'll have my biometrics, which will be November 16. We were anxiously waiting for the letter in the mail to learn about the appointment date, but no need for that anymore :D

Congrats!!!

I just connected to a live chat via emma, and the agent told me the code for my case has not been generated yet....

I'm curious how long does it take for you guys to receive the online access code letter, and the bio appt letter in mail from NOA1 text receipts received??

I haven't got any letters in mail yet, only receipt number via text and bio appt scheduled updates via case tracker, still unclear about the date, hope they can send these via email instead of post mail....Would be much faster for us to keep track and be prepared.

17 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Congrats!!!

I just connected to a live chat via emma, and the agent told me the code for my case has not been generated yet....

I'm curious how long does it take for you guys to receive the online access code letter, and the bio appt letter in mail from NOA1 text receipts received??

I haven't got any letters in mail yet, only receipt number via text and bio appt scheduled updates via case tracker, still unclear about the date, hope they can send these via email instead of post mail....Would be much faster for us to keep track and be prepared.

I mailed the package on October 10. Got the notification SMS on October 17 but receipt date was October 13. Received the access code in the mail today. Hope this helps in terms of timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

AOS package was received today at the Chicago lockbox. strange how a delivery which was supposed to be made on Saturday was just delivered today.  It has me wondering if they wait for a large amount of mailed documents to arrive at the post office before they are delivered to the Lockbox. SO now the waiting game begins as far as the notifications by text, email and then mail.  Keeping my fingers crossed we don't hit any bumps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/30/2023 at 11:21 AM, serret said:

We just reviewed their RFIE letter and I'm very, very confused.

They say they couldn't determine whether the sponsor (my US citizen husband) is qualified but we are above the minimum requirement by far and did submit a lot of evidence. Perhaps someone can help me here. Here is our info.

Husband works full-time for a company and makes 110k USD a year before taxes. Our household is just him and I, so 2 people.

This is the evidence we submitted:

- Official letter from employer that has his employment and salary details.

- Paystubs from the last 6 months.

- W-2 forms for 2022, 2021, and 2020 (he is above the cutoff in all).

I don't think they lost this evidence since they uploaded the scans to our online account. We also have a mortgage and he has student debt. I don't think liabilities cancel income but maybe that's the case here? Or is it the W-2 forms? Should we submit another type of form instead (1040s maybe?)?

We would appreciate some insights. 

I got a similarly confusing letter ... if you look online at the documents they scanned, they may have dropped off some of the items.
I had also sent in paystubs, letter from employer, tax transcripts, W2s and Birth-cert / passport.   
None of which was scanned by them and added to the case.

Paid to send what they requested by express mail, confirmed (by usps) they got it ... but nothing after 10 days so uploaded a response directly using the online tool.

Timeline
21 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

Congrats!!!

My timeline (through what you asked) ... total timeline on my profile page.
The final date is when I received the letter (or confirmed they received a reply)

04 Oct 2023 - NOA1 Received (USPS) 13 Oct 2023
09 Oct 2023 - Online Access Details (USPS) 23 Oct 2023
11 Oct 2023 - Check Cashed (Bank)
12 Oct 2023 - RFIE1 (problem with I-864) Received (USPS) 20 Oct 2023
13 Oct 2023 - Biometrics Scheduled Received (USPS) 23 Oct 2023
21 Oct 2023 - Express Mailed RFIE Back Received (Express Mail) 23 Oct 2023

Timeline

Our group here is way more active than July 2023 or September 2023 filers, and, since some of the same of us are from K1 December Group too ... just goes to show we know where the cool kids hand out.

In all seriousness, it looks from what little I see of similar AOS groups that ~2-3 months for EAD and or AOS is common ....

Best wishes to all

Timeline
7 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Our group here is way more active than July 2023 or September 2023 filers, and, since some of the same of us are from K1 December Group too ... just goes to show we know where the cool kids hand out.

In all seriousness, it looks from what little I see of similar AOS groups that ~2-3 months for EAD and or AOS is common ....

Best wishes to all

We applied for my wife's K1 in October of 2021 and its now been 2 years to the day for the AOS

Timeline
11 hours ago, ThailandR said:

We applied for my wife's K1 in October of 2021 and its now been 2 years to the day for the AOS

In reviewing Visa Journey details, it does seem that the amount of time for AOS and even if an interview will be required tends to be highly regional.
So hope your AOS goes smooth and then you get a break from USCIS.

On a side note, be sure to make a folder/bin as we all will have to prove the marriage was real when going for the removal of conditions.

16 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

I got a similarly confusing letter ... if you look online at the documents they scanned, they may have dropped off some of the items.
I had also sent in paystubs, letter from employer, tax transcripts, W2s and Birth-cert / passport.   
None of which was scanned by them and added to the case.

Paid to send what they requested by express mail, confirmed (by usps) they got it ... but nothing after 10 days so uploaded a response directly using the online tool.

They scanned all the evidence we sent (W2, paystubs, employment letter) - but as others pointed out we hadn't sent them the tax return transcripts so I'll upload those via the online platform. Apparently, W2s are only supplementary, USCIS primarily wants the tax return transcripts. 

If you don't mind me asking - why didn't you upload the evidence via the online tool first? I'm thinking of doing just that instead of the mail. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, mw & rg k1 said:

In reviewing Visa Journey details, it does seem that the amount of time for AOS and even if an interview will be required tends to be highly regional.
So hope your AOS goes smooth and then you get a break from USCIS.

On a side note, be sure to make a folder/bin as we all will have to prove the marriage was real when going for the removal of conditions.

Thanks. Been storing documents in a folder in my desk. She just recieved her California ID card we applied for.  Now with that and the SSN she also just received I can add her to the checking/savings account we use.  

She's a photo nut so her phone storage is always full of photos of us as well  as family. We download the photos to a drive on the computer when it tells her her storage is getting full....lol

Edited by ThailandR

For affidavit of support: Did you all submit the tax return transcripts you can easily download from the IRS platform? Those have my husband's name shortened and the first 4 digits of his SSN are hidden (the IRS website says they "mask information" to protect individual info). I wasn't sure if this would be acceptable or if we need to request from IRS a tax return transcript with unmasked information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Today got my biometrics, 11/1.

Quite straight forward, needed to show appointment conformation letter, filled form, ID and marriage license (to show why I have surname change). 

Took photo and fingerprints. 

Case changed to - Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS.

Biometrics in Jacksonville. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.