mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

464 posts in this topic

USCIS did maintenance to the site the other night and everything seemed fine yesterday. But today, our case is no longer there. 😬

Has anyone else run into issues with online access today? Trying to figure out if it’s a global issue or just a problem for our case. 

14 minutes ago, eatplaysleep said:

USCIS did maintenance to the site the other night and everything seemed fine yesterday. But today, our case is no longer there. 😬

Has anyone else run into issues with online access today? Trying to figure out if it’s a global issue or just a problem for our case. 

I can see my cases on MyUSCIS. Can you see them in the online case status tracker (https://egov.uscis.gov/)?

18 minutes ago, serret said:

I can see my cases on MyUSCIS. Can you see them in the online case status tracker (https://egov.uscis.gov/)?

They just showed up again! Ok, it must have just been a glitch. *phew*

I got a little worried for a minute. I checked yesterday and our I-130 was updated to '5 weeks' and then today it disappeared so I thought, "whoa, does that mean it's accepted and done? Is this normal?!" 😆

1 hour ago, smashtic said:

Did our biometrics today and 485 and EAD changed to Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS soon after.

That’s awesome - hoping for a speedy process. we did ours Wednesday but no update on the case tracker. We never got an online code for the account so not sure if that gets updated differently? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 minutes ago, XinTing said:

That’s awesome - hoping for a speedy process. we did ours Wednesday but no update on the case tracker. We never got an online code for the account so not sure if that gets updated differently? 

How did you attend your biometrics? Did they mail you an appointment notification? My wife wants to do her biometrics, but with the wording on the NOA she received indicating biometrics will be scheduled if needed makes her wonder if they will.  During her K1 interview in June in Thailand they took her prints and photo. So maybe she will escape having to do biometrics for her 2 year green card.

Edited by ThailandR

20 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

How did you attend your biometrics? Did they mail you an appointment notification? My wife wants to do her biometrics, but with the wording on the NOA she received indicating biometrics will be scheduled if needed makes her wonder if they will.  During her K1 interview in June in Thailand they took her prints and photo. So maybe she will escape having to do biometrics for her 2 year green card.

They sent us an appointment letter with the time they chose. I think if the time doesn’t work you can reschedule for valid reasons. Luckily for us we did not have plans.  I didn’t go (us citizen) but my husband went. 

Timeline
59 minutes ago, XinTing said:

They sent us an appointment letter with the time they chose. I think if the time doesn’t work you can reschedule for valid reasons. Luckily for us we did not have plans.  I didn’t go (us citizen) but my husband went. 

Since my wife does not yet have a driver's license I will end up going with her if and when she is scheduled. She will do it in Riverside,CA at the field office there as the San Bernardino USCIS office should be processing her paperwork when the time comes as we live in Riverside County, and that's the location we listed.

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline

Still waiting for the account log in code from USCIS. Nothing since the 3 NOA receipts arrived 2 weeks ago.....frustrating.  Nothing for biometrics, yet someone in the November group has there's already and they filed after us.....must be the different lock boxes and forwarding stuff to the field offices.

Timeline

Just used the case tracker app......depressed now apparently they sent an RFE notice on the 14th.  I thought I had included everything in the I-485 packet......guess we will find out this week. If we had the access code I could check on the USCIS site to see the document, but alas no access code yet.

Edited by ThailandR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Just used the case tracker app......depressed now apparently they sent an RFE notice on the 14th.  I thought I had included everything in the I-485 packet......guess we will find out this week. If we had the access code I could check on the USCIS site to see the document, but alas no access code yet.

That’s actually a good thing. That means they reviewed and once you return whatever is missing, should be processed shortly after… most ppl get an RFE for medicals or marriage certificate from what I’ve noticed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, S I A N said:

That’s actually a good thing. That means they reviewed and once you return whatever is missing, should be processed shortly after… most ppl get an RFE for medicals or marriage certificate from what I’ve noticed.

We shall wait and see. I hope thats it. If it's for needing a birth certificate then it's a lost cause as she's never had one, is from Myanmar and we had affidavits done as well as certification and notarization by an attorney in Thailand. They were accepted for her K1 visa there.  I submitted all of her medical paperwork, given after her medical prior to the K1 and the extra hospital documentation of the added vaccines she needed to complete the series.  The marriage certificate is a certified and stamped original.  If it's for the Affidavit of support, well then who knows.

I was married before and my ex-wife came to the US in 2012 on a IR1, but after 6 years here we divorced and she remarried a millionaire, yes a real millionaire. Do they ask for divorce paperwork? That was all given in June for her K1. They should have all of that I go in the sealed package we carried and gave to the CBP at our POE.

I did not send any photos with the packet, so again who really knows what they want.

If they sent the RFE on the 14th,  then it should be here today or tomorrow, but my USPS informed delivery does not show it arriving today.  Talk about being g stressed and it's Thanksgiving week,  and my kids and there families arrive e today for the week.

Edited by ThailandR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

We shall wait and see. I hope thats it. If it's for needing a birth certificate then it's a lost cause as she's never had one, is from Myanmar and we had affidavits done as well as certification and notarization by an attorney in Thailand. They were accepted for her K1 visa there.  I submitted all of her medical paperwork, given after her medical prior to the K1 and the extra hospital documentation of the added vaccines she needed to complete the series.  The marriage certificate is a certified and stamped original.  If it's for the Affidavit of support, well then who knows.

I was married before and my ex-wife came to the US in 2012 on a IR1, but after 6 years here we divorced and she remarried a millionaire, yes a real millionaire. Do they ask for divorce paperwork? That was all given in June for her K1. They should have all of that I go in the sealed package we carried and gave to the CBP at our POE.

I did not send any photos with the packet, so again who really knows what they want.

If they sent the RFE on the 14th,  then it should be here today or tomorrow, but my USPS informed delivery does not show it arriving today.  Talk about being g stressed and it's Thanksgiving week,  and my kids and there families arrive e today for the week.

The letter should arrive in the mail by the end of the week. Nothing to stress about.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.