mcpt35

Expedite for Iranian Fiancee? K1

22 posts in this topic

I'm American and worried about my fiancee who lives in Iran because of the political situation going on over there, and of course Iran being implicated in the planning of the HAMAS thing not making it any easier. So I talked with a user on here about him getting a successful expedite request for his Iranian fiancee based on certain personal reasons.

He said "my fiancé is an Iranian and I’m a soldier in the army and she is an atheist so it really wasn’t that hard to explain on my request. Also if you want to expedite, USE the White House website first, then use your senators website."  All in all, it worked, and she got her interview around 1 year after the NOA1. 

From what I understand it doesn't really make a difference messaging the White House as it said with the official expedite information on VJ to call or mail the CSC, right?

Secondly, I'm not sure being an atheist would be a valid reason, to me it seems a bit irrelevant. Is that a thing? The fact that he was able to get the request approved gives me some hope, but am just unsure about how to go about it. Does anyway have any experience with this? If so is there a walkthrough anyone could provide for this?

Thank you all for your time!

P.S. For reference, I sent off the I-129F in July of this year.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Military being deployed is a more likely reason.

Never heard of anyone being expedited for being an atheist, everyone would become an atheist if that was the case.

The big delay factor comes after the interview and I can only expect that getting worse.

Never heard of expediting through the White House, Congressperson yes but just a way of moving it on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, mcpt35 said:

I'm American and worried about my fiancee who lives in Iran because of the political situation going on over there, and of course Iran being implicated in the planning of the HAMAS thing not making it any easier. So I talked with a user on here about him getting a successful expedite request for his Iranian fiancee based on certain personal reasons.

He said "my fiancé is an Iranian and I’m a soldier in the army and she is an atheist so it really wasn’t that hard to explain on my request. Also if you want to expedite, USE the White House website first, then use your senators website."  All in all, it worked, and she got her interview around 1 year after the NOA1. 

From what I understand it doesn't really make a difference messaging the White House as it said with the official expedite information on VJ to call or mail the CSC, right?

Secondly, I'm not sure being an atheist would be a valid reason, to me it seems a bit irrelevant. Is that a thing? The fact that he was able to get the request approved gives me some hope, but am just unsure about how to go about it. Does anyway have any experience with this? If so is there a walkthrough anyone could provide for this?

Thank you all for your time!

P.S. For reference, I sent off the I-129F in July of this year.

Iran can be a very unpleasant place for non-Muslims, women in particular.

It’s always kind of pointless comparing your own situation to others, ‘ particularly when US military is involved, as there are some different rules for immigration.

You can ask for an expedite, but I’ve never heard of the White House getting involved in individual immigration cases.

I would also expect Iran’s rapidly worsening geopolitical status (on top of our already nonexistent diplomatic ties) to complicate and delay ALL immigration cases, yours included.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mcpt35 said:

@SalishSea Understood. I appreciate your info. would i ask for an expedite just by contacting my congressman?

That is an option 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Zero chance.

There's no war in Iran nor will US start one with them, whether or not there's evidence that Iran financed Hamas. 

Been seeing a lot of these expedites since morning. None is going to be granted, even those in Gaza won't get one. They'll be told to move to a safe country and wait it. You have to make sure vetting and security comes foremost. You're not sure if the person you're trying to expedite was actually involved in the war. So, precaution has to be taken for those in Gaza, hence no expedite. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

40 minutes ago, mcpt35 said:

@SalishSea Understood. I appreciate your info. would i ask for an expedite just by contacting my congressman?

No, you’d ask USCIS.   

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

There's no aggression. It's just plain and simple. How far is Iran from Gaza/ Israel? You just don't want to be told the plain truth. 

Everyone is now trying to milk the cow with expedites due to Israel/ Gaza fiasco. The truth is, they'll be no expedite. The fiasco is between Gaza and Israel. Not sure why Iran and US would want to go to war with each other over Israel-Gaza fiasco. 

You're just trying to milk the cow and looking for any possible reason to jump the queue. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Expedites are usually only looked at when it concerns the USC not the foreign fiance. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

expedite requests are for hardship of the USC 

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request#:~:text=You can generally request expedited,top right of this page).

There are 32 countries at war with Burma (Myanmar) civil war lasting now 60 years 

i would expect a long AP for Iranian after the interview for additional security checks so prepare especially with K1  

and understand a petition does not guarantee a visa will be issued /many of us are denied and have to follow thru with CR  -happened to me

I understand. I can't imagine how hard it was for you. Still new in the journey so i keep learning about additional roadblocks and what to expect ahead, and it doesn't look good *sigh*

Kind of a dumb question, but could I start a CR-1 now? With an AP from the K1 being most likely, is there any benefit to doing a new application, or do you think that would further complicate things?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.