ZainPastor

Bringing Siblings to Live in the United States as Permanent Residents

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

Zain here from Pakistan, my sister who is US national, applied for my immigration from the US. I'm married and have 5 children (21 years older and younger). It's been 8-9 years since the waiting time going on. 
Please guide me on how much time it usually takes to get to the US with the whole family as I've been in the waiting phase for a long time. 

Yor guidance is appreciated!

Thank you!

Timeline
1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

Hard to tell exactly but probably at least 15 years 

Is there any way to speed the procecss up because my mother just recently became US national too.

19 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

Is there any way to speed the procecss up because my mother just recently became US national too.

You cannot speed up or expedite when your PD is not current. You need to familiarize yourself with the visa bulletin.

She can file the petition for you but that doesn’t speed anything up. That is it’s own separate petition. F3 is about a 15 year wait, give or take.

Edited by powerpuff

You don't seem to be aware of the processing times and/or Visa Bulletin, so just checking, have you looked in to your children and whether they'll still qualify for a visa? As you mention some being over 21. Might be worth posting their ages and when your I-130 was approved so that forum pros can work out if they'll qualify under CPSA.

If not, then you'll need to be aware of the process for them joining you at a (much) later date as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well they are not even half way yet and as it seems the children are older unlikely all will be included, then you have ones that will marry etc.

Certainly a good idea to have as many petitions out there as you can, good insurance.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

You don't seem to be aware of the processing times and/or Visa Bulletin, so just checking, have you looked in to your children and whether they'll still qualify for a visa? As you mention some being over 21. Might be worth posting their ages and when your I-130 was approved so that forum pros can work out if they'll qualify under CPSA.

If not, then you'll need to be aware of the process for them joining you at a (much) later date as well.

When my sister applied for immigration from there, my all children were below 21 years old, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21. ALL ARE UNMARRIED - Hope it's making sense to you.

Edited by ZainPastor

Timeline
1 minute ago, ZainPastor said:

When my sister applied for immigration from there, my all children were below 21 years, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21.

The age that matters is when the Priority date is current, so they will be in their 30s. Less how long the I 130 took.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
30 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

She can apply /pay close attention to the needed income requirements 

https://www.uscis.gov/family/bring-children-to-live-in-the-US

U.S. citizen
  • Children (unmarried and under 21)
  • Unmarried sons and daughters (21 or over) - Your son or daughter’s child(ren) may be included on this petition.
  • Married sons and daughters (any age) - Your son or daughter’s spouse and/or child(ren) may be included on this petition.

https://www.uscis.gov/family/bring-children-to-live-in-the-US

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Well they are not even half way yet and as it seems the children are older unlikely all will be included, then you have ones that will marry etc.

Certainly a good idea to have as many petitions out there as you can, good insurance.

My all children were below 21 years old, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old back then, when applied. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21. ALL ARE UNMARRIED - Hope it's making sense to you.

6 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

When my sister applied for immigration from there, my all children were below 21 years old, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21. ALL ARE UNMARRIED - Hope it's making sense to you.

It does make sense, but it doesn't give the most important bit of info. Has your I-130 been approved yet and if so, when?

Edited by appleblossom

3 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

My all children were below 21 years old, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old back then, when applied. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21. ALL ARE UNMARRIED - Hope it's making sense to you.

It’s more complex than the kids simply being under 21 at the time of filing.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

They are unmarried now, that may not be the case is 10 plus years. With 5 children seems unlikely all will stay single.

23 minutes ago, ZainPastor said:

When my sister applied for immigration from there, my all children were below 21 years old, in fact, the elder son was 15 years old. Now, two children are just 21 and 23 years. Rest (3 children) are still below 21. ALL ARE UNMARRIED

It's still possible for your children to age out, even if they remain unmarried.  You won't know until your case PD becomes current on the visa bulletin.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is the visa bulletin.  With your sister's petition, you are F4 and they are currently issuing visas for those that were filed in 2007.  If your mother is a USC, she can also submit an I130 for a potential F3, but it is still a long wait.

Good Luck!

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Bulletins/visabulletin_October2023.pdf

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.