SJSC81923

B1/B2 visa approved but my partner got denied.

13 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Note: I will be speaking as the person who got approved of a B1/B2 visa to avoid confusion. 

Me and my partner applied for a B1/B2 visa. I got approved and she got denied. Any insights on what was the reason of the denial?

I have a pending petition of F4. On my application it is stated there that i will be traveling with my partner. 

Questions for me:

1. What is the purpose of your visit: Visit my sister, niece and nephew
2. where do you plan to go in the US? San Jose California
3. Do you have a job? yes
4. Where do you work? ___ company 
5. How long have you been working for? Almost 2 years now
6. What is your position? Analyst in Payroll Accounting
7. Have you travelled internationally? yes 
8. Where have you been? Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Singapore 
9. Who will pay for your trip?: Me and my sister
10. Who will pay for your ticket? Me
11. Have you ever been in US? Yes
12. How long have you been in the US? About 1 month but I was still a minor 
(Visa expired more than 10 years)

Result: Approved 

My partner’s questions: 

1. What is the purpose of your visit: Visit my partner’s sister, niece and nephew and spend christmas with them. 
2. where do you plan to go in the US? San Jose California
3. Do you have a job? yes
4. Where do you work? ___ company 
5. What is your position? Transactions Advisor
6. Have you travelled internationally? yes 
7. Where have you been? Hongkong, Macau, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia
8. Who will pay for your trip?: Me and my mom 
9. Who will pay for your ticket? Me and my mom 
10. Do you have a sister in the US? No
11. Do you have a brother in the US? No

Result: Denied

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

As a general rule single females from the Philippines have a hard time getting a B visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I thought your petition was F3?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 hours ago, SJSC81923 said:

Me and my partner applied for a B1/B2 visa. I got approved and she got denied. Any insights on what was the reason of the denial?

I have a pending petition of F4

You have a pending petition, she doesn't.  That is most likely the reason you were denied and she wasn't.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

You have a pending petition, she doesn't.  That is most likely the reason you were denied and she wasn't.

No no. I was approved im the one who has a pending petition. My partner was the one who got denied. 

1 hour ago, SJSC81923 said:

This is a different situation. I am writing for someone. Read my note. 

That person needs to create their own account and ask their questions directly. Otherwise people are going to get confused by your account's post history. Also, that person may know details that are relevant to their case that you wouldn't necessarily know about.

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Adventine said:

That person needs to create their own account and ask their questions directly. Otherwise people are going to get confused by your account's post history. Also, that person may know details that are relevant to their case that you wouldn't necessarily know about.

Certainly read that the OP was the one that was refused.

17 hours ago, SJSC81923 said:

Note: I will be speaking as the person who got approved of a B1/B2 visa to avoid confusion.

I think it has had the opposite effect.

Timeline

Nevermind. You guys are right, that person should make an account. But not eberyone is interested in making one. I was just looking for insights on why the partner has been denied a tourist visa

Not enough ties to go back. Maybe mom and her paying for the ticket, means not earning enough, and you have a immigrant petition pending as it is. 

Edited by Amunah

I agree that it is super confusing to post for someone else. That being said, there can be numerous reasons why the one person got approved and the other got denied. It could be based on the answers to the interview questions, but more than likely the decision was mostly made based on the information provided in the application. The approved person does seem to have a better profile: a higher paying job (I think, just based on the job title), being able to pay for their own flight, and visited the US in the past and left the country.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.