Ricky+Vanessa

N-400 October 2023 Filers

315 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Meg101 said:

So I eventually got 2 notices in the mail, one for I751 interview and one for citizenship. & then a letter that said I was invited for both interviews on the same day.  My online account only showed me the citizenship letters. I751 still isn’t updated. 

Have you not received anything like that in the mail? In your shoes, I would actually enquire about this to USCIS and not just hold onto hope/have fingers crossed. Especially if you haven’t heard anything about biometrics being reused nor been invited for fingerprints for I751.

I imagine they are just slow to update but better to be safe than sorry, right? 😅 

Best of luck! 

Good idea. What’s the best way to go about with this? Call USCIS? Reach out to my local Field Office? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My interview got scheduled today. I filed on October 27th (3 year rule), biometrics re-used, interview notice Jan 8th and interview date Feb 27th. Field Office is San Antonio, TX. Estimated time until case decision shows 7 months

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi! Combo interview was today at orlando office, really smooth less than 25 minutes the whole process. The only down side is not taking the oath on the spot,  agent said they needed to transfer the 751 file and will send the ceremony invitation? Question.

is this common practice for combo interviews?  Do i became a us citizen today ? Or the day of the oath?

thanks 

2 hours ago, DE2020 said:

Hi! Combo interview was today at orlando office, really smooth less than 25 minutes the whole process. The only down side is not taking the oath on the spot,  agent said they needed to transfer the 751 file and will send the ceremony invitation? Question.

is this common practice for combo interviews?  Do i became a us citizen today ? Or the day of the oath?

thanks 

Yes, it is normal to have to wait for the oath ceremony. Hopefully it won't take more than weeks.

You become a citizen after the oath is taken, not today.

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, Jay_N said:

My interview got scheduled today. I filed on October 27th (3 year rule), biometrics re-used, interview notice Jan 8th and interview date Feb 27th. Field Office is San Antonio, TX. Estimated time until case decision shows 7 months

Any updates on your I-751 submission?

I filed October 9th, my case is still under actively reviewed, no interview yet unfortunately.  :( 

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello all, just wanted to give my update. Processing time has moved to 4 months on uscis website. I am filling from the KC area. I plan to travel internationally next month so luckily I won’t have to rush to get a passport seeing as no other movement has happened on my case. Still says “case is being actively reviewed” since Oct 23rd. Maybe next month I will finally see something. Hope everyone else is seeing some movement! 

Background/timeline: I filled N-400 with 90 day rule on Oct 17th. Biometrics were reused. 

Ooft the time is whizzing by. I updated here on Dec 23rd to say I was pleasantly surprised to be invited for a combo interview for I751 and N400 on Feb 6th. I didn’t check the app or website for a while as I got busy with the holidays so didn’t realise that on Dec 27th my status randomly changed to new card being produced and my 10 year card arrived in the mail on Jan 2nd. It went to my attorneys office as I had that listed as the mailing address as I thought I was going to be moving during the process & wanted a safe spot for any correspondence to be mailed to. 

I have no clue why they invited me for an interview to then decide it wasn’t necessary but I’ll take it! Lol.  Next steps now are to just revise for the civics exam and find something to wear for the naturalisation interview!!! I’m extremely nervous but also very excited. 

Hope others get good news soon!!! 🎉

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Anguilla
Timeline

Hi all, could anyone please share your first few digits of the case tracking number after IOE? Mine is IOE9002XXXX.. I think very few people who applied recently will have this tracking number. My case is submitted on 10/23 no interview date yet. Yesterday I saw another case passed their interview with very similar case to mine, same FO and also applied in 10/23, their case go with IO97XXXX.. 

I've been checking the case numbers that's getting approved here: https://hilites.today/snapshot/history_detail?center=IOE&type=N-400&status=A&lad=2024-01-16

Many recently approved cases start with IOE09XXX, maybe they do that for 5-year cases? (Mine is 90 days before 3 years)

1 hour ago, JacHill said:

Hi all, could anyone please share your first few digits of the case tracking number after IOE? Mine is IOE9002XXXX.. I think very few people who applied recently will have this tracking number. My case is submitted on 10/23 no interview date yet. Yesterday I saw another case passed their interview with very similar case to mine, same FO and also applied in 10/23, their case go with IO97XXXX.. 

I've been checking the case numbers that's getting approved here: https://hilites.today/snapshot/history_detail?center=IOE&type=N-400&status=A&lad=2024-01-16

Many recently approved cases start with IOE09XXX, maybe they do that for 5-year cases? (Mine is 90 days before 3 years)

What's the processing times for your FO?

Also, you cannot get naturalized within 90 day window, so part of your wait is that.

21 hours ago, JacHill said:

My case number starts with IOE939 and I've got interview date already. 5 year rule; California

My advice is just relax. Once I accepted I was going to wait for months, I got the interview scheduled lol. There is no logic behind case numbers. Waiting time is quite random even for the same FO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.