Hello-Everyone

NVC CEAC Sent me a message re: income and divorce decree

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

First message: The income reported as stated on form I-864, I-864A is insufficient to overcome the public charge grounds of inadmissibility for visa issuance. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos and https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. A consular officer will decide if you meet these requirements at the time of the interview. Note: You, as the sponsor, and any other sponsors household members and joint sponsors, must provide updated or additional evidence for the applicant to present at the time of their interview such as: * Other income * Assets * Proof of current employment Note: You submitted documentation to the National Visa Center through the Consular Electronic Application Center CEAC. You can continue to upload documents to CEAC up until the date of your visa interview.

I have a new job that I am making almost 4x the poverty limits. I was the sole sponsor with an employment letter and three pay stubs. I will just give my wife more paystubs at her interview. This should be sufficient, correct?

Second message: 

Please submit a marriage termination document between the Petitioner and XXXXXXXX. Please use our Document Finder at https://nvc.state.gov/find for acceptable documents guidelines.
I just uploaded the divorce decree (again as I already did this in my USCIS petition) under my beneficiary's name in CEAC.

Do I need to do anything else? Was this considered an RFE? Civil documents show as: ACCEPTED
Edited by Hello-Everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Hello-Everyone said:

This should be sufficient, correct?

In theory.

If not at DQ, consider delaying until 2024 when a 2023 tax return is available.

47 minutes ago, Hello-Everyone said:

Do I need to do anything else?

Beneficiary will likely need to bring original to interview.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In theory.

If not at DQ, consider delaying until 2024 when a 2023 tax return is available.

Beneficiary will likely need to bring original to interview.

Why in the WORLD would I delay until 2024 when I am employed making 4x the poverty limit? HORRIBLE ADVICE

When I initially submitted documents to CEAC, I submitted a signed employment letter and three pay stubs since I started.

Edited by Hello-Everyone

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I would delay the visa holder from entering the US until after 11-23-2023 (if you have a choice).  Getting a 10 year Green Card is much, much, much better than getting a 2 year GC. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Because you do not have a strong earned income history and the CO has discretion to rule whether your spouse is a public charge risk.

I had not realized you only wanted responses that agreed with you:

Personally I think it should be, but I have seen enough of these cases over the years to know that sometimes the CO says no.

I’ve contributed all I can, and I don’t wish to argue or bicker, so I won’t post more in this thread. 

I'd like to see where someone makes 4x the poverty level with a W2 job and was denied. I appreciate the input. Maybe I was just looking for validation since I have read plenty of times that my wife will be okay during the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

I would delay the visa holder from entering the US until after 11-23-2023 (if you have a choice).  Getting a 10 year Green Card is much, much, much better than getting a 2 year GC. 

I have no idea what you are responding to.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

All the "advice" here is worth at least exactly what you paid for it.

And yet you invalidate a humble suggestion without so much as a prompt apology for lashing out at a peer.

Unfortunately this isn’t my first time going through immigration procedures. Never have I seen anyone denied a visa making over the poverty guidelines with a W2 job. Where exactly are these denied petitioners? How is this a humble suggestion, what facts are they based on?

Like I said, I was looking for validation, but quite honestly, horrible advice for anyone. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

It's humble because they didn't berate the situation you presented.  Unlike your response.

Here's some better advice: ask an immigration lawyer.

Moreover, it's the worse possible answer because I wasn't asked when I started the job. Had I been asked, it's likely the latest tax return would still be below the poverty guidelines. Such randomness from supposed "help". Humble doesn't equal helpful, more like inaccurate and just plain wrong.

Edited by Hello-Everyone

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hello-Everyone said:

I have no idea what you are responding to.

You mentioned the word "Delay".  I am just mentioning a reminder regarding the 2-year vs 10-year Green card determination.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

****OK.  Discontinue the bickering.  We are all here to help each other****

***Remember- We are all free to offer advice...and we are all free to ignore advice***

- VJ Moderation

Edited by Crazy Cat

You will know in two weeks If what you have upploaded as additional evidence is sufficient, since it will be reviewed in due time( please check the nvc case review times and count from there) In the meantime try to find a joint sponsor. Also, divorce decree should be county clerks office copy. Mine , the e-filed JOD ( everything was settled out of court, before covid) was not sufficient. 

Edited by Amunah

Well at the end of the day, whatever you submitted to them to show proof of income, was not enough and you have to be able to satisfy the government in their request to make sure that the beneficiary will not become a public charge.  Since it seems that your prior year taxes are not sufficient to provide that proof, then you need to do more research on the USCIS website, where you can find out what is sufficient evidence to supply the government of your income that satisfies the requirement.  I certainly can appreciate your frustration but all the advice in the world here will not change their request.  In order to move to documentarily qualified so that they can move to schedule the interview, they have to approve your application of the income requirements.  Good Luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.