salman_shah

information about processing times [merged threads]

27 posts in this topic

hello .. i require some assitance regarding my case.  i am a resident of pakistan... my wife in usa filed for my i 130 on dec 12 2022 last year.   initially it showed that the case would be resolved in under 6 months. but after the said time expired the USCIS websites started showing that YOUR CASE IS TAKING LONGER THEN EXPECTED.. it does not even show any timeline any more.. now it has been more then 8 months since we applied but have not recieved any updates. ergo i wish to know that considering the backlog how much longer can i practicallly expect to wait.  what are the waiting timelines for poeple of pakistan ?? thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You seem to be talking about the first stage.

Interview well I would be thinking latter part of next year

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, salman_shah said:

hello .. i require some assitance regarding my case.  i am a resident of pakistan... my wife in usa filed for my i 130 on dec 12 2022 last year.   initially it showed that the case would be resolved in under 6 months. but after the said time expired the USCIS websites started showing that YOUR CASE IS TAKING LONGER THEN EXPECTED.. it does not even show any timeline any more.. now it has been more then 8 months since we applied but have not recieved any updates. ergo i wish to know that considering the backlog how much longer can i practicallly expect to wait.  what are the waiting timelines for poeple of pakistan ?? thanks

Please fill in your timeline so we know where you are at in this long process. Thx 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would not say I was sure I can not foretell the future 

Seems reasonable 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all cases are facing same issue

"taking longer than normal processing"

Check the US office here

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

from what i see Texas is about 13.5 and others 15.5

select all field offices and it says cases are completed within 28 months

and that is just the 1st stage

2 hours ago, salman_shah said:

what are the waiting timelines for poeple of pakistan ?? thanks

12-14 months for USCIS stage (I-130 approval) 

Then couple of months for NVC to approve documents to become Documentarily qualified (DQ)

DQ to interview, at current pace for Islamabad consulate, takes another two years.

Total: between 3 to 4 years for Pakistan applicants 

see below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 hours ago, salman_shah said:

oh my god.. by 2024 you mean.. no that does not sound right ?? .. are you sure

More like 2025 or 2026.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:24 AM, powerpuff said:

12-14 months for USCIS stage (I-130 approval) 

Then couple of months for NVC to approve documents to become Documentarily qualified (DQ)

DQ to interview, at current pace for Islamabad consulate, takes another two years.

Total: between 3 to 4 years for Pakistan applicants 

see below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Pakistan&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=

thankyou..  these are very dissappointing stats.. i was given to understand that the whole process would be done in an year but i guess i was wrong

• Chancy changed the title to information about processing times [merged threads]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.