Samibra

visa refused

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Comoros
Timeline

Dear family, 

My wife has her interview today but the consular refused to give her the visa because some documents missing. They give her a piece of paper that she needs to bring but the consular write with his hand and I can't understand what he wrote so I need your help who can read it. 

Also, there is a police certificate from Kenya that they refused but that is the same document I sent to NVC and they accepted it. please see the attached file and help me with everything you can.

InkedIMG-2619.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

I can read it all. What can you not read?

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

She needs to address the following issues

1. English translation of birth certificate

2. Kenyan police certificate .. the affidavit provided is apparently not as required    Recheck the guidelines for translating and certifying 

3. The I 864 is not correctly filled out. Pay attention  to the calculation of the number in your household .. especially ensuring that you list all  dependent children from this and all  previous marriages  and make sure you include

in the household  count anyone you have previously sponsored as an immigrant

4. Provide ORIGINAL divorce decrees of all previous marriages

5 Provide your 2022 IRS tax Return transcript

All this information and directions on providing all these documents  is laid out on the following USCIS link .. you need to pay very close attention and make sure you are following the instructions  and providing what is required .. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Exactly what I was able to clearly read, and my advice would match the above.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Lil bear said:

She needs to address the following issues

1. English translation of birth certificate

2. Kenyan police certificate .. the affidavit provided is apparently not as required    Recheck the guidelines for translating and certifying 

3. The I 864 is not correctly filled out. Pay attention  to the calculation of the number in your household .. especially ensuring that you list all  dependent children from this and all  previous marriages  and make sure you include

in the household  count anyone you have previously sponsored as an immigrant

4. Provide ORIGINAL divorce decrees of all previous marriages

5 Provide your 2022 IRS tax Return transcript

All this information and directions on providing all these documents  is laid out on the following USCIS link .. you need to pay very close attention and make sure you are following the instructions  and providing what is required .. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Thank you so much for the clarification but the number 2. Kenyan police certificate .. the affidavit provided is apparently not as required    Recheck the guidelines for translating and certifying, I don't understand what does mean the affidavit. this police certificate was written in English because Kenya speaks English so I didn't have to translate it again into English. that was the same one that I sent to NVC and they accept it so I don't know what the consul need.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Samibra said:

Thank you so much for the clarification but the number 2. Kenyan police certificate .. the affidavit provided is apparently not as required    Recheck the guidelines for translating and certifying, I don't understand what does mean the affidavit. this police certificate was written in English because Kenya speaks English so I didn't have to translate it again into English. that was the same one that I sent to NVC and they accept it so I don't know what the consul need.

I can do nothing more than tell you what is written on the page you posted. Recheck all requirements for the correct document.  That’s all i can suggest 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Samibra said:

Police Clearance Certificates

Available

Fees: 1000 plus return postage fee

Document Name: Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)

Issuing Authority: Directorate of Criminal Investigations

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: There is no Special Seal(s) / Color / Format

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: Directorate of Criminal Investigations

Registration Criteria: Please visit cid.go.ke

Procedure for Obtaining: Please visit cid.go.ke

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are not available

Alternate Documents: There are no alternate documents

Exceptions: None

Comments: U.S. Embassy Nairobi Consular Section Immigrant Visas Unit has determined police clearance certificates for all refugees and asylum seekers residing in Kenya, as well as for anyone undocumented in Kenya with no legal status, are unobtainable given Government of Kenya policies on producing these documents.  Additionally, once Kenyan Department of Refugee Services (DRS), formerly the Refugee Affairs Secretariat,  issues a police clearance letter, they will not issue another police clearance letter, regardless of expiration date for U.S. immigration purposes.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, Samibra said:

Also, there is a police certificate from Kenya that they refused but that is the same document I sent to NVC and they accepted it.

I've noticed NVC is DQing some cases even if the paperwork is not quite in order and passing the job of correcting the mistake to the consulate. 

The letter notes there is an affidavit attached to the police clearance certificate. I would get a new one without any extra information attached.

If you did not alter the police certificate in any way include the visa reciprocity note Pshbrk linked above to your package so the CO knows you obtained the correct form. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Redro said:

I've noticed NVC is DQing some cases even if the paperwork is not quite in order and passing the job of correcting the mistake to the consulate. 

The letter notes there is an affidavit attached to the police clearance certificate. I would get a new one without any extra information attached.

If you did not alter the police certificate in any way include the visa reciprocity note Pshbrk linked above to your package so the CO knows you obtained the correct form. 

I am really confused, I don't know what to do. My wife is in Madagascar now, that is mean she needs to go to Kenya to do it?

1 hour ago, Samibra said:

I am really confused, I don't know what to do. My wife is in Madagascar now, that is mean she needs to go to Kenya to do it?

How did she originally get the background check from Kenya? Quite a few countries allow you to apply at an embassy or online to get civil documents. 

Edited by Redro

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Redro said:

How did she originally get the background check from Kenya? Quite a few countries allow you to apply at an embassy or online to get civil documents. 

she get the background when she was in Kenya. I hope that is possible to do it online. Kenya doesn't have an embassy or consul in Madagascar.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Samibra said:

Careful reading of instructions, is how you cure you confusion.  Not doing so, is WHY you are confused.  Perhaps another member has a solution for avoiding a trip to Kenya for a new Police Certificate, but that may well be exactly what is needed.  Time to understand, things must be done a certain way, no matter how inconvenient. 

if the Consulate didn't accept her Police Certificate, then it was not the correct one from the correct place.  It is or isn't what it is or isn't.  Get the right one, no matter what you have to do to get it, or there will be no visa.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.