Inveigh

The Turkey, Iran, MENA, dreaded DS-5535 thread forum. Post here and support each other

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well that is a new one to me, let us know what happens.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 8/22/2023 at 3:09 PM, Inveigh said:

So I have an update, at 11PM at night they put in a Motion to Dismiss for our case 😥😥😥

hello,
did the lawyer ask for more fees to respond to the motion to dismiss?

Just in-case anyone is wondering, we have been in AP for 4 months now. Went into AP in Ankara on May 16th and Returned DS-5535 on May 18th. Saw some updated till June 9th and that was the last update for us.

US Embassy in Ankara says to not even ask for an update on your case before the 6 months are up. I guess I will wait and see what happens once our 6 months are done but as of now it is not looking good. My wife also reads a few telegram groups that are Iranians stuck in AP and the lawyers are not even optimistic about Mandamus anymore.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
26 minutes ago, saied said:

Just in-case anyone is wondering, we have been in AP for 4 months now. Went into AP in Ankara on May 16th and Returned DS-5535 on May 18th. Saw some updated till June 9th and that was the last update for us.

US Embassy in Ankara says to not even ask for an update on your case before the 6 months are up. I guess I will wait and see what happens once our 6 months are done but as of now it is not looking good. My wife also reads a few telegram groups that are Iranians stuck in AP and the lawyers are not even optimistic about Mandamus anymore.

Omg not what I wanted to hear today😔 I filed my WOM after 90 days in AP with ds5535. Not one single update on my case on the website since the day I sent the forms. My deadline is in a week and I am so nervous…I already have lost my hope…

Embassy: Amsterdam / the Netherlands

Visa type: K1

Interview date: April 26, 2023

WOM filed: July 26, 2023

Deadline: October 2, 2023

I think it is safe to assume that all APs will take a minimum of 6 months to complete. I have seen some APs that took less than 3 months that seems to be in some extraordinary circumstances.

I think it is important to not lose hope at this moment even when things look so bleak. Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Our case has been in AP for 4 and half months now. I was planning on filing WOM after 6 months but now I’m not too sure if it will help. Most people on the Telegram group I’m following who filed mandamus are getting dismissed. I really don’t know what to do or what to expect and it is torture. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Catperson_rx said:

Our case has been in AP for 4 and half months now. I was planning on filing WOM after 6 months but now I’m not too sure if it will help. Most people on the Telegram group I’m following who filed mandamus are getting dismissed. I really don’t know what to do or what to expect and it is torture. 

Do you know what the reason of dismissal is? I’m not in the group anymore cause I can’t read or write in Farsi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Niccie said:

Do you know what the reason of dismissal is? I’m not in the group anymore cause I can’t read or write in Farsi

I'm not entirely sure, but the problem seems to be that there aren't clear rules about what counts as an "unreasonable delay." Because of this, convincing the judge to push DOS to make a decision is a bit tricky. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Catperson_rx said:

I'm not entirely sure, but the problem seems to be that there aren't clear rules about what counts as an "unreasonable delay." Because of this, convincing the judge to push DOS to make a decision is a bit tricky. 

Oh this concerns me cause I filed after 3months. But the whole lawsuit takes another 60 days so that is 5 months total. Like how long do they actually need? It’s ridiculous! Background checks can be done in 3 months! 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 8/30/2023 at 5:23 PM, Inveigh said:

Greetings all new Update:

Our Lawyer has Filed a Motion to Compel today and now the Government has 14 days to respond.

It has exceeded 14 days.  What happened? Any update?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 8/21/2023 at 7:39 AM, Inveigh said:

Today is the last day for them to respond, hopefully we will get some good news and I will share it all with you here briefly.

Any update on your WOM?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There, 

I am new to this forum. My mother is facing the same issue. Her I-130 was approved early Oct.  Then for humanitarian reasons we requested a case transfer to another embassy and expedited the interview request. Fortunately, both requests were approved and she attended her interview in early December. But her case went to AP and I got an email to fill out DS-5535. We filled out and submitted the form the same day. The case has been updated a few times since the interview. My congressman's office said they could reach out after three weeks of the interview. Can DOS take into consideration humanitarian causes and expedite the AP process? The Embassy team told me there is no timeline to resolve AP but they have been responsive to me so far regarding all my requests.

Thanks! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.