Inveigh

The Turkey, Iran, MENA, dreaded DS-5535 thread forum. Post here and support each other

60 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 hours ago, Mahmoud Kassab said:

That’s so painful and heartbreaking , all you have to do now is wait it out and don’t give up on each other your love is stronger.

may I know what lawyer you filled with?

Absolutely. Urena & Associates.

Although the price may have changed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, saied said:

You mean with the current  president or next?

They could be the same, not sure if it matters. So either.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, saied said:

I expect most of the backlog clear around July. We will come back and see I guess.

That strikes me as being highly optimistic but you are right we will see.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
39 minutes ago, saied said:

I expect most of the backlog clear around July. We will come back and see I guess.

I hope so but why do you expect that?
according to an article I read on the Redeagle law firm website, there are currently 66,000 visa applicants stuck in administrative processing. and only 37 State Department analysts are responsible for the national security vetting of DS-5535 responses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Finally some positive news

the AP backlog is decreasing, from Jan to April the backlog decreased from 66k to 61k that includes the new added cases that means they increased this department resources 

image.jpeg.656b70d710b234c340fa8294ad2c4559.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hello guys, I hope you are doing well all.

My mom got a DS 5535 paper at the embassy in Beirut, her appointment was at March 20th, i have sent the form on March 24th, the date started to update right after on the NVC status, however it is not updating anymore since April 8th (15 days ago), i know we cant do anything timewise but i contacted the embassy by email just to make sure they've received the form, i got no answers, is there anyone within the same boat ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.