nkiruka

DNA REQUESTED FOR CHILDREN

23 posts in this topic

I need guidance guys, so I have been asked to take DNA for my two children. I have read a few comments talking about DNA delays and i am feeling hope,less. I have thought of emailing US embassy in lagos. Please has anyone gone through this hurdle before? what did you do or what do you suggest I do? I am thinking of emailing them but was told it doesn't change anything? is the congressman or woman able to help? I need help to get this done as my kids are suffering so much.

your responses will be deeply appreciated. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would not say it is common, but it does happen. I assume there is something about showing parentage that is not clear.

A Congressperson can ask for an up date. But you know where everything is, no harm in doing this.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The DNA test must be done if you want the kids visas. It is what they asked, follow their instructions. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

There is another post, I think it has been done.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

5 years? I have never heard of it taking anything like that long.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, nkiruka said:

@Ontarkie Please read my post again, my question is not how to not do a DNA but what I can do to not wait for 5 years before they call my children to take their sample. Please respond if you have any suggestion

thank you

I did read your question. You asked what to do. I said do the DNA test. 

You can email them them, it will not hurt at all.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

2 hours ago, nkiruka said:

I need guidance guys, so I have been asked to take DNA for my two children. I have read a few comments talking about DNA delays and i am feeling hope,less. I have thought of emailing US embassy in lagos. Please has anyone gone through this hurdle before? what did you do or what do you suggest I do? I am thinking of emailing them but was told it doesn't change anything? is the congressman or woman able to help? I need help to get this done as my kids are suffering so much.

your responses will be deeply appreciated. 

You cannot jump this step. Where did you get the 5 years delay information? Did you asked direct to the Consulate?

No, congresswoman/congressman or an email will not allow or help you to skip this. 

Why are your children suffering? Are they in danger? If so you definitely need to thing in relocate them to a safer place or request an expedite if is possible.

If you share more details will be easier to get better answers.

Good luck 

Edited by PaulaCJohnny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

No point in worrying about the delays after the DNA when you haven't even done the test yet. Do the next right thing to do, which is, to take the test. Worry about delays after. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Can you be more specific as to who "those" are. It is real simple, the embassy provides you with the name of the lab(s) in the US and you go and have a sample taken. The children go to the named lab in their country and have the samples taken. I have never heard of a four year back log for taking a DNA sample.

The sooner you get it done the sooner the process will continue. 

There is no way around this, either you submit the DNA samples or no visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 hours ago, nkiruka said:

So my worry is about the delays that happen before the test. I have seen those that paid for the test in 2019 still waiting for the sample to be taken. 

Be specific: how many people that you know of have you heard this happen? 
a

Also, what’s the other option? Not take the DNAs and never have the visas? Is that what you want?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://smartdna.com.ng/immigration-dna-test/

they also have a Facebook site and video

and there site allows you to call,  or talk on Whatsapp or or SMS or email for info

Smart DNA is a leading DNA testing centre based in Lagos, Nigeria. We provide fully accredited DNA testing service to clients in accordance with the highest international standards.

Check this site as Smart (in Nigeria) allows u to schedule the DNA and promises results in 7 days

this is for immigration such as UK or USA embassies require

the idea a person would pay in 2019 and not have an appointment and the embassy would hang onto the case all this time is questionable 

221g for additional documents are normal but the embassy would,  by now,  have sent the case back to US 

talk to the site yourself and get the facts

34 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

https://smartdna.com.ng/immigration-dna-test/

they also have a Facebook site and video

and there site allows you to call,  or talk on Whatsapp or or SMS or email for info

Smart DNA is a leading DNA testing centre based in Lagos, Nigeria. We provide fully accredited DNA testing service to clients in accordance with the highest international standards.

Check this site as Smart (in Nigeria) allows u to schedule the DNA and promises results in 7 days

this is for immigration such as UK or USA embassies require

the idea a person would pay in 2019 and not have an appointment and the embassy would hang onto the case all this time is questionable 

221g for additional documents are normal but the embassy would,  by now,  have sent the case back to US 

talk to the site yourself and get the facts

Thank you so much for this , USCIS requires one  to start a DNA testing with some acredited DNA centers. None of them is in Nigeria. And this labs would send the kits to lagos embassy. The embassy will receive it and schedule the immigrants for the sample collection which happens inside the embassy. They do not accept results from other labs no matter how accredited they are . I’m looking for someone who has gone through this process so to ask how they did it. Another person I read her post said she had paid for herself and her mom since 2019 and still has not been called for the sample collection of her mom. This is what scares me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.