TannerH

Is there any risk in continually contacting USCIS before their requested deadline?

18 posts in this topic

My i-129F petition was approved but then sent back to USCIS by NVC over a month ago. I have spent quite a bit of time since then contacting USCIS, my congressman, and the Obudsman because their request to not contact them before 180 days while I sit in the dark likely due a mistake they made themselves is frankly ludicrous. And many on here tend to believe the frequent check-ins is helpful in this process. 

Today I wrote into the live chat today and received this message, which fuelled a nagging doubt I have had about contacting them. 

734022652_Screenshot2023-06-28at10_11_07.png.e6f283592ee58c15716ad348517fd1e1.png

I want to call one more time tomorrow to check on the case before I return to my fiance overseas. Is there any danger in doing so? 

If you already chatted today, why call tomorrow? It’s going to be the same answer.

I think I came across a thread some time ago about someone also incessantly contacting USCIS or NVC, I think at some point they stopped responding.

Edited by powerpuff

3 hours ago, TannerH said:

My i-129F petition was approved but then sent back to USCIS by NVC over a month ago. I have spent quite a bit of time since then contacting USCIS, my congressman, and the Obudsman because their request to not contact them before 180 days while I sit in the dark likely due a mistake they made themselves is frankly ludicrous. And many on here tend to believe the frequent check-ins is helpful in this process. 

Today I wrote into the live chat today and received this message, which fuelled a nagging doubt I have had about contacting them. 

734022652_Screenshot2023-06-28at10_11_07.png.e6f283592ee58c15716ad348517fd1e1.png

I want to call one more time tomorrow to check on the case before I return to my fiance overseas. Is there any danger in doing so? 

For what reason?  Do you hope to annoy them into making a decision?  It doesn't work like that...

5 hours ago, powerpuff said:

If you already chatted today, why call tomorrow? It’s going to be the same answer.

I think I came across a thread some time ago about someone also incessantly contacting USCIS or NVC, I think at some point they stopped responding.

Mainly because I feel like you get different levels of competency / information depending on the agent you reach. Then of course there's the whole distinction between Tier 1 and 2 agents.

And also if us or our congressmen calling had no impact then why do we do it? I've just spoken to someone who got a very similar email to me within a day, and her case has advanced to NVC, which she only learned by contacting them. And it is most likely because not just her senator, but the White House's interaction that actually made the difference.

So as unfortunate as it is, it seems like we have to contact them frequently. Especially when cases fall outside of the normal process.

Edit: And again, I'm only wanting to contact that next day because I would potentially like to call them one last time before leaving the country indefinitely.

Edited by TannerH

Well, it seems you have already made up your mind about contacting them “continually” or “frequently” before you even posted here so no point of me contributing my opinion. All I would say there is a difference between frequent and incessant. 

3 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Well, it seems you have already made up your mind about contacting them “continually” or “frequently” before you even posted here so no point of me contributing my opinion. All I would say there is a difference between frequent and incessant. 

Well again the reason I made the thread was if there was any evidence it could backfire, which you at least included in your first response.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have no evidence either way for you.  Here's my opinion:

Think about the person with a big pile of applications in front of them.  They are being interrupted once a day by queries from you about your file.  If I was that person, I would pull your file, staple the update to it, and put it at the bottom of the pile as "additional information received".  And every time you did it, I'd do that again.  

Again, this is my opinion.  I don't know anything for sure.  But everyone is in a line to get processed.  I don't see you helping your case by "nagging" them.

Regards,

Vicky's Mom

I remember seeing one post here from someone who kept nagging USCIS and was told not to contact them again. You can not annoy them into making a positive decision on your case. I think this was their polite way of telling you to be patient and stop bugging them. I would do as told by the agency that has the power to approve or deny my petition.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
18 hours ago, TannerH said:

Would it make you feel better if you called them again tomorrow? What are you trying to achieve?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

There is an Facebook group that I'm a part of ( DOS-USCIS ) There are tons of people whom are in the same boat. As i told my friend in that group, the best way to get things done is to write letter ( Ask how i know.. well i will tell you )

Let me first start off by saying this ( i'm not having the same kind of problem that you and others are having ) Now to my point. I told my friend that my case was at NVC. ( NVC inform me of that ) So me being me.. i check again the next day.

I received a response that my case was not there.. So what i did was sent an inquiry to NVC ( Looking for my case became i had the email saying it was there ) but more importantly i wrote letters to my congressman/woman ,my senators and to head of homeland security, and to the office of the president of the Unites States.. within 1 week.. my case was found.. and ever since i did that i get an email saying that my case is at NVC ( Even got one ths morning.. and i did not do any inquiry )

My point yea you could call.. But i believe in writing letters.. 

Edited by Gary Rich

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

your case is just one of thousands arriving at the CSC 

it will be put in inbox for an officer to review it 

it can be a missing document or signature 

bugging USCIS doesn't get you anywhere 

u say their problem

have u looked thru your copy of everything u sent and checked that all signatures are there with dates

and note that case was processed that u got from congressman is probably it was sent to NVC but not not for the return

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Gary Rich said:

There is an Facebook group that I'm a part of ( DOS-USCIS ) There are tons of people whom are in the same boat. As i told my friend in that group, the best way to get things done is to write letter ( Ask how i know.. well i will tell you )

Let me first start off by saying this ( i'm not having the same kind of problem that you and others are having ) Now to my point. I told my friend that my case was at NVC. ( NVC inform me of that ) So me being me.. i check again the next day.

I received a response that my case was not there.. So what i did was sent an inquiry to NVC ( Looking for my case became i had the email saying it was there ) but more importantly i wrote letters to themy congressman/woman ,my senators and to head of homeland security, and to the office of the president of the Unites States.. within 1 week.. my case was found.. and ever since i did that i get an email saying that my case is at NVC ( Even got one ths morning.. and i did not do any inquiry )

My point yea you could call.. But i believe in writing letters.. 

For any of these people to inquire about your case , they need a signed document from u allowing them to do that

i would say its a conindence 

6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

For any of these people to inquire about your case , they need a signed document from u allowing them to do that

i would say its a conindence 

Nope!... because i did have to sign some waivers. for some ( not homeland security )  no conindence at all btw.. receive a email my senators office around 2am this morning  @Jeanne Amal

Mr. Richardson,

Following you will find the response from the National Visa Center (NVC) to my inquiry on your behalf. I appreciate the opportunity to look into this matter for you.

The agency states, "Thank you for your email concerning the K1 fiancée visa petition filed by ____ on behalf of ____ with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receipt number WAC____.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received this immigrant visa petition on June 21, 2023. We are currently reviewing petitions we received on June 5, 2023. 

Once the case is entered into the system and assigned a case number, we will notify all parties on the case once the petition has been sent to the U.S. Embassy for further processing.

You can check current processing dates on our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes

Please be advised that unless specifically requested in your email, the National Visa Center will not use information from forms you provide to update customer contact information in our database.

Applicants whose cases are processing electronically may update their contact information online in the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Portal. Applicants with paper processing cases should provide updated contact information using our online inquiry form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry."

My staff and I stand ready to be of assistance to you in any other matter that is of concern to you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

Edited by TBoneTX
personal info obscured

Timeline
6 hours ago, Gary Rich said:

Nope!... because i did have to sign some waivers. for some ( not homeland security )  no conindence at all btw.. receive a email my senators office around 2am this morning  @Jeanne Amal

Mr. Richardson,

Following you will find the response from the National Visa Center (NVC) to my inquiry on your behalf. I appreciate the opportunity to look into this matter for you.

The agency states, "Thank you for your email concerning the K1 fiancée visa petition filed by ____ on behalf of ____ with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) receipt number WAC____.

The National Visa Center (NVC) received this immigrant visa petition on June 21, 2023. We are currently reviewing petitions we received on June 5, 2023. 

Once the case is entered into the system and assigned a case number, we will notify all parties on the case once the petition has been sent to the U.S. Embassy for further processing.

You can check current processing dates on our website: https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes

Please be advised that unless specifically requested in your email, the National Visa Center will not use information from forms you provide to update customer contact information in our database.

Applicants whose cases are processing electronically may update their contact information online in the Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) Portal. Applicants with paper processing cases should provide updated contact information using our online inquiry form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry."

My staff and I stand ready to be of assistance to you in any other matter that is of concern to you. Thank you.

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator

crazy i had to travel with an appointment to Senator Corker's office to sign  the waiver 

i hate when there are rules and more rules and some don't follow them

a case going back from NVC that has gone thru the USCIS office should go directly to an officer that JUST handles these types of cases /i am sure there are hundreds of them

Edited by TBoneTX
personal info edited from quote

25 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

crazy i had to travel with an appointment to Senator Corker's office to sign  the waiver 

i hate when there are rules and more rules and some don't follow them

a case going back from NVC that has gone thru the USCIS office should go directly to an officer that JUST handles these types of cases /i am sure there are hundreds of them

Trust me .. there is 100's..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.