33 posts in this topic

Good evening everyone. I'm alex from Nigeria. During the Dv2014, I lied in my dv application (marriage scam). The consular officer denied us the visa (misrepresentation).

I met a US citizen this year,and the relationship is very serious . She had visited me once. She is planning to file k-1 visa for me. The issue now is that should I apply for a waiver i-601  now or should I wait till when I have my  k-1 visa interview at the embassy 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I 601 assuming available is filed by the USC after the interview 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

19 minutes ago, Alex7012 said:

Good evening everyone. I'm alex from Nigeria. During the Dv2014, I lied in my dv application (marriage scam). The consular officer denied us the visa (misrepresentation).

I met a US citizen this year,and the relationship is very serious . She had visited me once. She is planning to file k-1 visa for me. The issue now is that should I apply for a waiver i-601  now or should I wait till when I have my  k-1 visa interview at the embassy 

Probably be smarter to marry and file spousal visa. This process will take a long time and when it is done you will probably qualify for IR1 visa as opposed to having to go through adjustment and ROC. Also, make sure you have proof you are free to marry- if issue is they believe you are/were married to someone else. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is a topic for a lawyer and your significant other

is the USC willing to pay for the complete process with these time restraints (about 2 years just to get to interview)

and then the CO can say "possible I 601 waiver"(another year or so) or just plain denied

Denied K1 ;then what

the process under normal conditions is not easy,  cheap or fast  its up to the 2 of u to consider and possibly to seek a good US immigration attorney

USC should read about misrpesentation and /or fraud to understand what may happen and what they are getting into

and consider the cost with the new fees that are suppose to increase 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-2

8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

this is a topic for a lawyer and your significant other

is the USC willing to pay for the complete process with these time restraints (about 2 years just to get to interview)

and then the CO can say "possible I 601 waiver"(another year or so) or just plain denied

Denied K1 ;then what

the process under normal conditions is not easy,  cheap or fast  its up to the 2 of u to consider and possibly to seek a good US immigration attorney

USC should read about misrpesentation and /or fraud to understand what may happen and what they are getting into

and consider the cost with the new fees that are suppose to increase 

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-2

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

Is your fiancé prepared to move to Nigeria? Since you have previously stated you were married for the purpose of immigration fraud you might not be able to file a waiver. Misrepresentation is taken very seriously.

This is a new partner. Plz,Why would she move to Nigeria?

The old partner was also denied the visa. We were not married .

Edited by Alex7012
To add to the point

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Alex7012 said:

So you can be together.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

She can't what?

21 minutes ago, Alex7012 said:

So you lied about being married to the partner you tried to move to the US with? If you lied to procure an immigration benefit you might not be eligible for a waiver. If this happens would your new USC partner be willing to move to Nigeria to be with you OR move to a throes country? Or is your relationship dependent on you being together in the US? 

Edited by Redro

Timeline

At least she will be accumulating a lot of air miles.

Next step is for her to appoint an Immigration Lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.