Guest Ramin Azixi

The Case Number Entered Is Currently Unavailable

43 posts in this topic

Guest Ramin Azixi

Hi everyone! 

I am a DV winner from Afghanistan. To get straight to the point, I have forgot my DOB that I entered in my main DV application, so when signing into my account and trying multiple invalid DOBs that I guessed I received a  massage saying "The case number entered is currently unavailable".

I sent an email to KCC stating this Issue with my case number, my name and my real DOB that is shown in my passport but the replied I got was this:

-----Thank you for your inquiry.

-----The date of birth you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information, as entered on your original entry, for KCC to properly assist you.

I have tried the whole 360 days of the year to be honest.

Now I really don't know what to do since my case number is also around 10k.

I know that the KCC would not provide me the DOB entered on my main application. But there must be a possible way to address this issue.

To add up, I have seen the video shared in the forum named as some tips on DV lottery but there is nothing said clearly how to solve this issue.

I would be happy to receive your kind response. Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You didn't use your real DOB?

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

7 hours ago, Ramin Azixi said:

Hi everyone! 

I am a DV winner from Afghanistan. To get straight to the point, I have forgot my DOB that I entered in my main DV application, so when signing into my account and trying multiple invalid DOBs that I guessed I received a  massage saying "The case number entered is currently unavailable".

I sent an email to KCC stating this Issue with my case number, my name and my real DOB that is shown in my passport but the replied I got was this:

-----Thank you for your inquiry.

-----The date of birth you have provided does not match the case. Please resubmit your request with the correct information, as entered on your original entry, for KCC to properly assist you.

I have tried the whole 360 days of the year to be honest.

Now I really don't know what to do since my case number is also around 10k.

I know that the KCC would not provide me the DOB entered on my main application. But there must be a possible way to address this issue.

To add up, I have seen the video shared in the forum named as some tips on DV lottery but there is nothing said clearly how to solve this issue.

I would be happy to receive your kind response. Thank you. 

Unfortunately you need the correct date of birth to access your submission.

And no one will tell you the information as you were responsible for maintaining the correct records. 

Hindsight being 20/20 you should have written the information down somewhere. 

Have you checked to see if maybe you kept a copy of your submission?

Have you tried the various dates of birth you have on other documents? Deciding to use a birth date that doesn't match your passport was probably not the best idea... but hopefully you will figure it out. Otherwise you will not be able to apply this year. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Redro said:

Have you tried the various dates of birth you have on other documents? Deciding to use a birth date that doesn't match your passport was probably not the best idea

I don't understand the concept of multiple DOBs.  The only possibility I can think of is person who might use the Lunar calendar.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

8 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I don't understand the concept of multiple DOBs.  The only possibility I can think of is person who might use the Lunar calendar.

Yep - lunar calendar was my first thought. 

Then I thought coming from Afghanistan maybe not the best record keeping so one might forget their birthday?

But, if OP has a passport with DOB I'm just wondering why they didn't use that date. 

For next DV entry next year they should probably follow that plan... 

But, I'm thinking this is why US can send out more "winners" than actual visas available. 

People forget details of their entry, don't meet the requirements, or lose their numbers... 

Guest Ramin Azixi
1 hour ago, Redro said:

Unfortunately you need the correct date of birth to access your submission.

And no one will tell you the information as you were responsible for maintaining the correct records. 

Hindsight being 20/20 you should have written the information down somewhere. 

Have you checked to see if maybe you kept a copy of your submission?

Have you tried the various dates of birth you have on other documents? Deciding to use a birth date that doesn't match your passport was probably not the best idea... but hopefully you will figure it out. Otherwise you will not be able to apply this year. 

I know this sounds wierd not to remember your DOB, but there are some reosons that ppl don't remember thier DOB's here in Afghanistan and I don't blame them for this. DOB entered in prior application was entered when the applicant didn't got his passport and the day and the month was just entered by guess. 

Anyone think of verification of identity in the embassy somehow? :(

Edited by Ramin Azixi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Ramin Azixi said:

I know this sounds wierd not to remember your DOB, but there are some reosons that ppl don't remember thier DOB's here in Afghanistan and I don't blame them for this. DOB entered in prior application was entered when the applicant didn't got his passport and the day and the month was just entered by guess. 

How did u find out u won when the site Entrant status check list to find out if u won says

Contacting KCC: If you need to contact the KCC, always include your name, birthdate and case number exactly as they appear in the Entrant Status Check (ESC)

and yes, some countries do not place the value of DOB on residents like here in the USA as we get a birth certificate at birth (for life)  need to write DOB everytime we fill out a form .

BUT u need to provide a birth certificate or proof of birth at the interview according to dv lottery interview instructions/  look under birth certificates on following site:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected/diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

BTW this error can cost u the DV visa as u entered bogus DOB on the application

Guest Ramin Azixi
16 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

How did u find out u won when the site Entrant status check list to find out if u won says

Contacting KCC: If you need to contact the KCC, always include your name, birthdate and case number exactly as they appear in the Entrant Status Check (ESC)

and yes, some countries do not place the value of DOB on residents like here in the USA as we get a birth certificate at birth (for life)  need to write DOB everytime we fill out a form .

BUT u need to provide a birth certificate or proof of birth at the interview according to dv lottery interview instructions/  look under birth certificates on following site:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/diversity-visa-program-entry/diversity-visa-if-you-are-selected/diversity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

BTW this error can cost u the DV visa as u entered bogus DOB on the application

When checking the result, the month and the day is not required, u can see the results but to sign into the ds the day and the month is compulsory to provide.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ramin Azixi said:

have tried the whole 360 days of the year to be honest.

There are 365-366 days in a year. And perhaps you erred by using a 31 in month that does not have 31 days. So try all 12 * 31 = 372 days.

Guest Ramin Azixi
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

There are 365-366 days in a year. And perhaps you erred by using a 31 in month that does not have 31 days. So try all 12 * 31 = 372 days.

Do you think I could still sign in even if my case is currently unavailable?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ramin Azixi said:

Do you think I could still sign in even if my case is currently unavailable?

I think if you do not try, you will lose for sure

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Ramin Azixi said:

Even if the applicant did not have a passport prior to the eDV entry submission, surely they had a birth certificate which would have contained the “correct” DOB? And if for some reason they did not have a B/C issued at that point, they surely must have been using a specific DOB prior to that period. Or are you saying someone in such a situation was using different random dates whenever their DOB was required?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sm1smom said:

surely they had a birth certificate which would have contained the “correct” DOB? And

Some countries do not use the Gregorian calendar in birth certificates.

I gave up trying to convert my wife’s parents’ birth dates to Gregorian. I think I got the years right.

Filed: Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Some countries do not use the Gregorian calendar in birth certificates.

I gave up trying to convert my wife’s parents’ birth dates to Gregorian. I think I got the years right.

Yes I’m aware of that. I’m also aware of other folks from countries using non-Gregorian calendars who did a one time date conversion and have been using that single conversion from way back as the Gregorian equivalent calendar date. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sm1smom said:

Yes I’m aware of that. I’m also aware of other folks from countries using non-Gregorian calendars who did a one time date conversion and have been using that single conversion from way back as the Gregorian equivalent calendar date. 

This is moving goal posts. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.