EatBulaga

Add Permanent Resident Card to Apple Wallet

19 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Is there any phone apps that will save your Permanent Resident Card information besides keeping a photo copy?

Apple Wallet only saves a driver's license for Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, and Maryland currently.

https://learn.wallet.apple/id#how-to-video

Are there other options to save the Permanent Resident Card virtually besides carrying it around physically as currently the required by law?

Thanks for any response.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
22 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Are there other options to save the Permanent Resident Card virtually besides carrying it around physically as currently the required by law?

No.

DHS is moving facial recognition and it will not surprise me if there is an announcement that LPRs can stop carrying their green cards.

And anyway state DL on wallet is trash. I want the ten minutes I wasted on this back in my life. Does not surprise me only 4 states got sucked into this boon doggle. 

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

No.

DHS is moving facial recognition and it will not surprise me if there is an announcement that LPRs can stop carrying their green cards.

And anyway state DL on wallet is trash. I want the ten minutes I wasted on this back in my life. Does not surprise me only 4 states got sucked into this boon doggle. 

Why do you think DL in Apple Wallet is trash?

Timeline
24 minutes ago, EatBulaga said:

Why do you think DL in Apple Wallet is trash?

Because it does not work. You cannot just scan your state ID card into Apple wallet and expect it to work (I mean, it should work that way, but it does not).

In the case of AZ MVD there are additional steps and they do not work because MVD is incapable of matching a selfie  of the ID holder with that of the photo it took when issuing the DL.

DHS and ClearMe understand this stuff. Apple and AZ MVD do not.

Apple Wallet is good for movie and plane tickets. Little else

ID on a phone is like video on blue ray: obsolete on arrival.

Edited by Mike E

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
23 hours ago, EatBulaga said:

Hello all,

Is there any phone apps that will save your Permanent Resident Card information besides keeping a photo copy?

Apple Wallet only saves a driver's license for Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, and Maryland currently.

https://learn.wallet.apple/id#how-to-video

Thanks for any response.

Yes it is easy to loose you wallet, or have you phone stolen. Both never.

Filed: Other Timeline

SAVE system can now be accessed remotely. Just memorize your Anu. Though your employer or an organization may want to see your I-551. 

World is departing from old norms. Introduction of Logical Data Struture 2 will soon replace the need of placing a physical visas and endorcements on a passport. We will get electronic visas digitally entered into the epassport chip for an enhance security, authenticity and efficient border control. 

Gov are also working on a digital passport stored on your device that can be accessed by biometric transaction.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I do not know of any app for that; I would not be surprised that something will come out; great way to track people too. 

Here is how I have been keeping my card for the last 13ish years... 

People have argued about what "having the card in your possession at all times mean" - Black's Law Dictionary, possession is “the fact of having or holding property in one's power”. Lawyers in our families think the same.  Husband's bestfriend who has been holding different positions in Border Patrol in the last 20 years thinks it is ok too.  I consider that my card is safely in my possession at home, in our safe, with my passport. 

I will not risk losing it when I go to the gym, to the beach, or during my day to day activities, so I only take it when I expect to have to present it, and anytime I travel out of state.  I have a copy in my wallet, a digital picture of the front and back in my phone, and my husband knows exactly where it is stored, should I be held and required to present it.  I also have the business card on Mr. Border Patrol, this info, and the contact details of our lawyer saved.

Now, where I live, there is no regular checkpoints, or much tension between law enforcement and immigrants.  I would act differently elsewhere in the country.  

I too, keep a color copy (clearly marked as copy) in my wallet. A digital scan in my phone. If I loose the original, it will take about 12 months & about $700 to replace. In possession does not mean always on body.

ROC TimeLine

## Sent by USPS Oct 22, 2020 ## Delivered Oct 24 ## Check cashed Nov 26 ## SMS with MSC Receipt Nov 28 ## i797 Print Date Nov 24,  Received Dec 01 2020 ## 24 months extension letter received at old address on Dec 20, 2021. ## Aug 2022 Interview & Card Produced 

Last updated Nov, 2022

N400 TimeLine

## Online Application Date 07/26/2023 paid by Credit Card, Receipt Number received online in seconds. ## On Jan 05, 2024, Interview Scheduled on Feb 13, 2024, Sacramento Office. ## Interview Passed. Oath Ceremony Scheduled for Feb 21, 24 Roseville.event.png

Timeline
20 hours ago, imgfrombrazil said:

people really carry their GC with them all the time?? 

I did. Why not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 hours ago, imgfrombrazil said:

My wife did....everywhere.   That's the law.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 6/2/2023 at 5:03 PM, imgfrombrazil said:

Yes, in my wallet with my DL, Credit&Debit cards, etc. 

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

I did. Why not?

I did not know that this was the law....but its kinda of dangerous to carry that all the time in my opinion...like carrying a passport, I would not do that.....you can loose it, get robbed, etc

Its very easy to lose a DL ( I probably lost my DL 3 times the last 2 years ).....so imagine loosing a GC??

Im wondering what are the chances realistic of any authority ask to see your GC ( like the police asked for your DL )

Some laws just does not make a lot of sense!😅

22 minutes ago, imgfrombrazil said:

I did not know that this was the law....but its kinda of dangerous to carry that all the time in my opinion...like carrying a passport, I would not do that.....you can loose it, get robbed, etc

Its very easy to lose a DL ( I probably lost my DL 3 times the last 2 years ).....so imagine loosing a GC??

Im wondering what are the chances realistic of any authority ask to see your GC ( like the police asked for your DL )

Some laws just does not make a lot of sense!😅

On 5/27/2023 at 10:31 PM, Lemonslice said:

I do not know of any app for that; I would not be surprised that something will come out; great way to track people too. 

Here is how I have been keeping my card for the last 13ish years... 

People have argued about what "having the card in your possession at all times mean" - Black's Law Dictionary, possession is “the fact of having or holding property in one's power”. Lawyers in our families think the same.  Husband's bestfriend who has been holding different positions in Border Patrol in the last 20 years thinks it is ok too.  I consider that my card is safely in my possession at home, in our safe, with my passport. 

I will not risk losing it when I go to the gym, to the beach, or during my day to day activities, so I only take it when I expect to have to present it, and anytime I travel out of state.  I have a copy in my wallet, a digital picture of the front and back in my phone, and my husband knows exactly where it is stored, should I be held and required to present it.  I also have the business card on Mr. Border Patrol, this info, and the contact details of our lawyer saved.

Now, where I live, there is no regular checkpoints, or much tension between law enforcement and immigrants.  I would act differently elsewhere in the country.  

The law says to have the card in your possession.  You can discuss with your lawyer what this means.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, imgfrombrazil said:

I did not take my gc out of my wallet except to show to INS, DHS, and after the post 9/11 security theater emerged, the DMV. Relatively rare compared to showing a DL or credit card.

Granted the DL is removed too many times from the wallet, such as for TSA theater, or showing at the exit of a rental 

If you live south of I-10, or travel to any of the territories enough, eventually 100%.

I'd say at least once a week, I see post here or other places where an LPR forgot their gc before leaving the U.S. Seems more likely that will happen than getting mugged. Neither has ever happened to me.

I know someone who left his wallet with his gc, SS card (???), and DL locked in his car to go on a hike, and came back to find his car broken into to. That cannot happen to me, because I do not lock my wallet in my car.

These days my passport card has replaced my gc in my wallet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.