Beverly56

third time filer

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

A friend wanted  to know "if a person is filing for a spousal visa for a 3rd time Will there be a problem". Will the USCIS already know?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

of course= =USCIS will know and expect the petitioner to disclose the info when the new application is filled out

Problem?   no one can answer that

Pretty sure that the previous applications will still be in USCIS’s records, and your friend will of course also have to mention the previous applications when filing for spouse #3.

I think it’s safe to say that USCIS will have questions about your friend’s filing history. 

Edited by Daphne .

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

~~ Topic moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures ~~

Of course they know. They will most likely ask the third spouse about previous two filings too.

Not enough details provided to say if it’ll be a problem or not. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

same spouse?  need to have good reasons for CR1 denial or u did not follow thru

3 different spouses?  yeah,  that would be an issue for several reasons

1.  getting money to help people into US and marriage not bona fida

2.  might look like human trafficking

17 hours ago, Beverly56 said:

A friend wanted  to know "if a person is filing for a spousal visa for a 3rd time Will there be a problem". Will the USCIS already know?

Of course they will “know,” and yes, it will attract attention because it could be perceived as fraudulent business transactions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm a third time filer as well (first one was in 1988, second in 2002).  I had pretty long marriages (and children) with both.  I disclosed everything in my I130 application and USCIS didn't ask any questions.  We were approved in February 2023.  It's going to depend on the circumstances whether or not it will raise red flags with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.