Zen77

Chances of getting a k1 fiance visa after only one meeting in person

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zen77 said:

that link doesn't work and we've been together for 4 years continuously there's no spur of the moment or mail ordered stuff 

4 years online is not what immigration wants to see/they need actual time spent together

ask the USC to look up the site /i know some of these sites don't come up outside  the US 

BUT i hit the paragraph of stats of 40% denied K1 visas (directly from USCIS stats)  and # 5 reason  was "short courting period (time together) before filing K1

Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

BUT i hit the paragraph of stats of 40% denied K1 visas (directly from USCIS stats)  and # 5 reason  was "short courting period (time together) before filing K1

Can you share the link to these stats?

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, Zen77 said:

that link doesn't work and we've been together for 4 years continuously there's no spur of the moment or mail ordered stuff 

https://visarefusal.com/inadmissibility/k-1-visa-refusals/

see this other reason the list:

”9. the US citizen fails to visit his fiancée after submitting the K-1 petition, which a consul may interpret to show a lack of commitment by the US citizen”

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Kawika said:

Can you share the link to these stats?

it does come from white and associates (attoneys) compiled from the monthly reports put out by embassies 

https://visarefusal.com/inadmissibility/k-1-visa-refusals/#:~:text=According to those statistics%2C approximately,initial denial%2C some do not.

Timeline

This is coming off a lawyer's website where it benefits them to scare people into thinking that they need professional help to get through the "tough & unforgiving" visa process. I think the reality is that the amount of denials have a lot of different & legitimate reasons that go beyond what is listed on the lawyer's website. A lot of which are simply subjective. There is no verifiable way to quantify or prove love or that someone's relationship is genuine. I think the reality is that it all comes down to a ####### shoot as to who you get to review your case file when it is your turn...how is that case officer feeling that day, what is going on in their life, etc. The same deal goes with the interviewer at the embassy. In our October 2021 Facebook group for K1 filers...and granted it is a small sample size...out of the 3619 applications in the group, only 257 were denied. I am not going to bother looking into the various reasons why they were denied...but I am sure that it wasn't solely due to "proving the validity" of the relationship type of reasons.

I think the bottom line is that everyone's relationship is different & everyone has a different style of expressing their love for one another. The only thing you can do in a very subjective process like this is to meet all of the objective requirements (meeting within 2 years of applying, filling out the forms accurately, being eligible for marriage, etc.) and then do your best to provide as much evidence as you can for the subjective things (i.e., screenshots of chat, video calls, pictures of you together, etc.). It's pretty sad that people can be denied to be with someone they want to be with simply because they are from another country. We have whackos in our country marrying objects, animals, even themselves...and all of this is OK. What a world :)

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

Timeline

I heard they really advice this from Visa Morocco Facebook group as it helps show that the fiance got to know the family etc, she was able to meet my familyI

that is very poor advise   /it will look like a wedding celebration and many have been denied for the following when doing this 

"too married for a K1"

we have seen this many times here in the past

my engagement party was just with the women and with no beautiful Moroccan gowns

If u sent photos with beautiful moroccan gowns and women with men,   its going to look like a marriage celebration

ages and education are on your side/sounds good

just "not enough time spent together"

and the CO usually doesn't look at evidence bought to interview but will ask " when was the last time she visited"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

1 hour ago, Kawika said:

It's pretty sad that people can be denied to be with someone they want to be with simply because they are from another country.

I've never seen that listed on a NOID.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kawika said:

This is coming off a lawyer's website where it benefits them to scare people into thinking that they need professional help to get through the "tough & unforgiving" visa process. I think the reality is that the amount of denials have a lot of different & legitimate reasons that go beyond what is listed on the lawyer's website. A lot of which are simply subjective. There is no verifiable way to quantify or prove love or that someone's relationship is genuine. I think the reality is that it all comes down to a ####### shoot as to who you get to review your case file when it is your turn...how is that case officer feeling that day, what is going on in their life, etc. The same deal goes with the interviewer at the embassy. In our October 2021 Facebook group for K1 filers...and granted it is a small sample size...out of the 3619 applications in the group, only 257 were denied. I am not going to bother looking into the various reasons why they were denied...but I am sure that it wasn't solely due to "proving the validity" of the relationship type of reasons.

I think the bottom line is that everyone's relationship is different & everyone has a different style of expressing their love for one another. The only thing you can do in a very subjective process like this is to meet all of the objective requirements (meeting within 2 years of applying, filling out the forms accurately, being eligible for marriage, etc.) and then do your best to provide as much evidence as you can for the subjective things (i.e., screenshots of chat, video calls, pictures of you together, etc.). It's pretty sad that people can be denied to be with someone they want to be with simply because they are from another country. We have whackos in our country marrying objects, animals, even themselves...and all of this is OK. What a world :)

Co's can seem tough but they have guidelines 

it isn't to keep couples apart

they look act a lot of issues

how many K1's a petitioner has done for several reasons which include protecting both parties

they look at the Number of divorces

they look at the age difference 

they look at income

they look at how well 2 people know each other in real life

they look at drug use

they look at communicable diseases

and other issues

our case took 6 years from a denied K1 in 2009 to approved spouse visa in 2015

was i upset? yeah,  but i know the CO was concerned for our age difference /

all i can say is i am one of the lucky ones who was fortunate enough to last immigration process and not give up (many do) and to still be married to a decent man after 13 years

there are others like a VJ member who fought a NOIR and got her man here //  he left her within a month for his "real" gf in Atlanta /he just used his wife for a green card 

Timeline

4th quarter results show 

48,118 K1 received 2022

16,201 approved (year's total)

9,492 denied

and 55, 475 pending 

remember many are still pending from previous year when u try to add the numbers 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/data/Quarterly_All_Forms_FY2022_Q4.pdf

Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:
2 hours ago, Kawika said:

It's pretty sad that people can be denied to be with someone they want to be with simply because they are from another country.

I've never seen that listed on a NOID.  

Yeah...I think you guys seem to be missing the point I am trying to make here. Taking things out of context is often the root of a lot of arguments & disagreements in our world today. This whole circus is being done simply because the two parties are from two different countries...one of which includes the US. If both parties were citizens of the US...the government wouldn't care one iota about any of the things they are scrutinizing over the cases in question. I could literally find any other person in our country...and as long as the two of us are in agreement & we meet all of the legal requirements (i.e., age of consent, not currently married, etc.) we could get married in a heartbeat. No one cares how often you have met before, your age difference, whether you do drugs or not, your financial situation, etc. 

To me...the only legitimate reasons that come to mind as to why the government should question any relationship leading to immigration into our country is for the safety of both parties in question (i.e., is either party being forced or coerced to marry...in which case the offending party should be brought up on charges), for the safety of the country (i.e., is the immigrating party a potential terrorist threat, bringing in contagious medical issues, is the immigrant a criminal, etc.), and to prevent an immigrant from becoming a financial burden to the government (which is a non-issue as we are contractually obligated to provide support for the beneficiary when we fill out the necessary forms).

44 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

4th quarter results show 

48,118 K1 received 2022

16,201 approved (year's total)

9,492 denied

and 55, 475 pending

The numbers are alarming but hard to quantify when they don't tell you why there were denied. I'm presuming that the majority of the denied cases have a legitimate reason for their denial.

Kawika & Michelle

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kawika said:

I could literally find any other person in our country...and as long as the two of us are in agreement & we meet all of the legal requirements

You are confusing marriage and immigration.  Immigrating to the US is not a right.  Marriage, in itself, confers no immigration right. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kawika said:

Yeah...I think you guys seem to be missing the point I am trying to make here. Taking things out of context is often the root of a lot of arguments & disagreements in our world today. This whole circus is being done simply because the two parties are from two different countries...one of which includes the US. If both parties were citizens of the US...the government wouldn't care one iota about any of the things they are scrutinizing over the cases in question. I could literally find any other person in our country...and as long as the two of us are in agreement & we meet all of the legal requirements (i.e., age of consent, not currently married, etc.) we could get married in a heartbeat. No one cares how often you have met before, your age difference, whether you do drugs or not, your financial situation, etc. 

To me...the only legitimate reasons that come to mind as to why the government should question any relationship leading to immigration into our country is for the safety of both parties in question (i.e., is either party being forced or coerced to marry...in which case the offending party should be brought up on charges), for the safety of the country (i.e., is the immigrating party a potential terrorist threat, bringing in contagious medical issues, is the immigrant a criminal, etc.), and to prevent an immigrant from becoming a financial burden to the government (which is a non-issue as we are contractually obligated to provide support for the beneficiary when we fill out the necessary forms).

The numbers are alarming but hard to quantify when they don't tell you why there were denied. I'm presuming that the majority of the denied cases have a legitimate reason for their denial.

u r missing a lot of good points 

can u imagine if there were no controls how many children and women would be bought here for sex trafficking?

if the couple didn't have to provide clean criminal reports ?

And again,  the process of checking documents and the interview is to protect both sides 

Case  1  VJ member    USC (reading years ago on here) went to Atlanta to meet his K1 fiancee

she started texting him saying customs and immigration wouldn't allow her thru (he should have known customs and immigration doesn't allow use of a cell but he was naive)   As he was leaving he saw her leaving in someone' else's car

Case 2   Moroccan woman was brutally killed by her husband 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

You are confusing marriage and immigration.  Immigrating to the US is not a right.  Marriage, in itself, confers no immigration right. 

Isn't the K1 strictly for the purpose of marriage with the subsequent process thereafter for the purposes of immigration?

Kawika & Michelle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There was an Indian case where the guy disappeared at the Airport

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.