Bear11

Extension letter twice

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You are mistaken.  USCIS was not issuing 48 month extension letters in September 2022.  The CURRENT extension letters will extend the expiration date printed on the Green Card for 48 months. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

I received them all by now (12, 24 and 48 months).

Your current 48 month extension letter is the one that you need to keep. Please note that it is a 48 month extension from the expiration date of your green card. So in my case, I only have an additional 2 years because I’ve already been waiting close to 2 years since filing for my ROC.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Bear11 said:

I confused 48 months it was today’s letter, and previous was 24 in September

That is normal.  USCIS has increased the extension letters several times over the last few years. Your latest extension letter is the most current.  It extends the expiration date printed on your Green card by 48 months.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Daphne . said:

Your current 48 month extension letter is the one that you need to keep. Please note that it is a 48 month extension from the expiration date of your green card. So in my case, I only have an additional 2 years because I’ve already been waiting close to 2 years since filing for my ROC.

That's insane....why is your case taking already soooo long?🤔 what's your field office?

9 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

That's insane....why is your case taking already soooo long?🤔 what's your field office?

I am one of the unfortunate ones, my case is at the NBC.. 😕

“It’s been 84 years…” 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Daphne . said:

I am one of the unfortunate ones, my case is at the NBC.. 😕

Godverdomme 🤐🙄 Are you going to apply for N-400?

12 hours ago, Daphne . said:

Sorry to disappoint you, but you have not received them all. 

A few lucky ones have the 36 month one - not me, which makes me sad as my collection is incomplete-. 😔

4 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Godverdomme 🤐🙄 Are you going to apply for N-400?

No, no desire to become a US Citizen. As long as they keep sending me extension letters until my I-751 is approved, I am good 😅👍🏻

“It’s been 84 years…” 

4 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

It’s generally the service center, not field office.   Look at the processing times.   Nebraska is 19 months at this point.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.