Koro

Have met in person within 2 years

77 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Andre and Balone said:

Like I said that's why it's good to have an attorney that can justify things... last time I checked you don't work for them. 

If a lawyer advised a client to file a waiver under this situation, then the lawyer is only interested in money, not the best interest of the client. 
I would add… lawyers generally charge around $5000 just to file the petition. Add another $2000 or more for the waiver and the “financial hardship” excuse doesn’t make any sense….flights to and from China (for one person) are a lot less than $10000. 

6 hours ago, Andre and Balone said:

Like I said that's why it's good to have an attorney that can justify things... last time I checked you don't work for them. 

That would be "SuperMan of Attorneys, if an attorney if they can get the 2 year limit waived

Is he the same attorney that represented OJ Simpson?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
13 hours ago, Andre and Balone said:

He has proof from 2017 that they met so that's good enough.. besides every case is different and a long as he has proof that the relationship exists; and valid reasons he should be good. ... covid changed a lot for people and their income etc so until he heard it from usics it doesn't matter what you or I may say or think

You are completely wrong!  Read through the history of VJ threads and you will see many people thinking the same as you and ultimately got denied.  I have not heard of a single person who made a valid argument to waive the 2 year meeting requirement (even if you were technically together for 10+ years or whatever).  Covid was in 2020, it is now 2023..there is nothing preventing either party from meeting.  Even if the beneficiaries country is "closed" there are many other neighboring countries where they could have met.  I'm sorry but you are simply wrong and giving false hope to the OP.

14 hours ago, Andre and Balone said:

Last time you checked what?  You have no idea where I work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 3/20/2023 at 4:29 PM, MonkeyDan said:

You are completely wrong!  Read through the history of VJ threads and you will see many people thinking the same as you and ultimately got denied.  I have not heard of a single person who made a valid argument to waive the 2 year meeting requirement (even if you were technically together for 10+ years or whatever).  Covid was in 2020, it is now 2023..there is nothing preventing either party from meeting.  Even if the beneficiaries country is "closed" there are many other neighboring countries where they could have met.  I'm sorry but you are simply wrong and giving false hope to the OP.

I think I heard of one but was due to disabilities of petitioner preventing them travelling and US was locked down to tourists. Hearsay though.

Agree though 2year rules is *very* strict and 'it's too expensive' is not a valid reason. USCIS doesn't care unless you are *physically* incapable of meeting again. This isn't the case as there's a ticket, expensive but it's an option and you can also meet in a third country or you can wait. USCIS *really* doesn't care if it's inconvenient for you, it's difficult for many people here both logistically and financially.  It's almost 1.5yrs to hear back from USCIS, do you really want to wait 1.5yrs to hear if they accept your excuse? It's better to wait until you can meet and then file.

I-129f filed: 2022-10-21  ||  NOA1: 2022-10-24  ||  NOA2: 2023-09-21
NVC Received: 2023-10-13  ||  NVC in transit: 2023-10-24  ||  NVC Ready: 2023-10-26 

Medical: 2023-11-24  ||  Interview: 2023-12-14  ||  CEAC Issued: 2023-12-18  ||  VOH: 2023-12-20
Entry to US: 2024-02-14 || Married: 2024-02-29

---

AOS filed: 2024-03-18 ||  NOA1: 2024-03-20 || Biometrics: 2024-04-01
EAD NOA2: 2024-04-02  ||  EAD Received: ... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This is stuff the Lawyer will sort out

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

39 minutes ago, AndiB said:

I think I heard of one but was due to disabilities of petitioner preventing them travelling and US was locked down to tourists. Hearsay though.

Agree though 2year rules is *very* strict and 'it's too expensive' is not a valid reason. USCIS doesn't care unless you are *physically* incapable of meeting again. This isn't the case as there's a ticket, expensive but it's an option and you can also meet in a third country or you can wait. USCIS *really* doesn't care if it's inconvenient for you, it's difficult for many people here both logistically and financially.  It's almost 1.5yrs to hear back from USCIS, do you really want to wait 1.5yrs to hear if they accept your excuse? It's better to wait until you can meet and then file.

Yes you are right. Thank you for your post. Chinese people were locked down completely both inbound and outbound till January this year. My fiancé wasn’t able to travel to foreign countries. It was impossible to meet her in person.

now China is fully open. My fiancé is coming to see me in the United States in April for a month. I will be applying for the petition after that. 

9 hours ago, Koro said:

My fiancé is coming to see me in the United States in April for a month. I will be applying for the petition after that. 

If she's already going to be here in April, why not marry and file for CR1? That way you can avoid all the extra headache that comes with K1 and AOS.

3 minutes ago, Noname93 said:

If she's already going to be here in April, why not marry and file for CR1? That way you can avoid all the extra headache that comes with K1 and AOS.

Thank you for your ideas. She is visiting me here with her U.S tourist visa . Isn’t it a visa fraud? Because she would be here as a tourist. I’m just wondering.

3 minutes ago, Koro said:

Thank you for your ideas. She is visiting me here with her U.S tourist visa . Isn’t it a visa fraud? Because she would be here as a tourist. I’m just wondering.

It would be fraud if she arrived, you married and then applied for AOS.  The post you responded to was not suggesting that.

You would need to marry and petition her, and she would need to return to her country to wait out consular processing.  No overstay.  No fraud.   Do things the right way.

7 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

It would be fraud if she arrived, you married and then applied for AOS.  The post you responded to was not suggesting that.

You would need to marry and petition her, and she would need to return to her country to wait out consular processing.  No overstay.  No fraud.   Do things the right way.

Thank you .I didn’t know that. I just don’t know anything.

23 minutes ago, Koro said:

Thank you very much again. Very much appreciated your great idea. I understand now.

Do you though?   I hope so.   You still seem confused about the process, and what is legal.   You maybe one of the few who would benefit from a paid service to help.

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Do you though?   I hope so.   You still seem confused about the process, and what is legal.   You maybe one of the few who would benefit from a paid service to help.

Thank you. I might be still confusing the process . I just concern about “ merely living together does not qualify a marriage for immigration “ from U.S Department of State-Bureau of Consular Affairs website. 
I would like to apply for the petition myself. I will try.

5 hours ago, Koro said:

Thank you .I didn’t know that. I just don’t know anything.

It is good you found VisaJourney. We can help you understand the process. 
But, I agree with @Jorgedig you should probably hire someone to help you apply. 
Read the guides posted at the top of the page and if you have any questions ask for clarification. 
Read user experiences in the forums and if you have any questions ask for clarification. 
If you are still confused, hire a lawyer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.