Koro

Proof of relationship

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
22 hours ago, Koro said:

Can I send printed photos instead of uploaded photos for an evidence of relationship? Because I have no knowledge of creating upload pictures and writing notes on the paper. 

What instructions were you given?  Relationship evidence is not needed until the consulate interview .  

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Koro said:

Thank you for your reply.

I am a sponsor and applying K1 visa for my fiancé. 

Depends very much on the country/CO usually do not look at evidence bought to interview

and for high fraud countries , photos are a plus

go to office depot with some photos and ask them to put on 8 x 11 sheet

OR   fiancee can take to interview 

we don't know your country as there is no info on profile

6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Depends very much on the country/CO usually do not look at evidence bought to interview

and for high fraud countries , photos are a plus

go to office depot with some photos and ask them to put on 8 x 11 sheet

OR   fiancee can take to interview 

we don't know your country as there is no info on profile

I’m preparing K1 visa application packet. I’m going to send some pictures for an evidence of relationship. I researched how to prepare the evidence on YouTube, they are showing the uploaded pictures with the explanation notes. I’m wondering if I can send printed pictures attached on the paper and hand written notes.

I’m a petitioner and live in the United States 

4 minutes ago, Koro said:

I’m applying for K1 visa. I’m a petitioner 

You are not applying for a k1 visa.  You are petitioning for your beneficiary on form i-129f.  Once approved, your beneficiary will apply for the visa.  Subtle but important difference to understand so that your questions are accurately answered.

If you read carefully the instructions to the I 129f petition, there is no instruction to include proof of relationship evidence.  

As JeanneAdil said it can be beneficial to front load applications/petitions for certain countries. You have not stated which country your beneficiary is from so it is hard to give you specific advice.

Edited by Carpe Vinum

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

20 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:
20 hours ago, Koro said:

Can I send printed photos instead of uploaded photos for an evidence of relationship? Because I have no knowledge of creating upload pictures and writing notes on the paper. 

What instructions were you given?  Relationship evidence is not needed until the consulate interview . 

Submitting evidence at initial filing is recommended by attorneys, online providers and www at large..

For example , Boundless Immigration, an online service and “ VJ Partner “..don’t know what that means..I thought they just paid advertising fees..nonetheless, they also list submitting relationship evidence at step 1….Odd typo on dates…perhaps someone wants to give them a heads up 

*****The I-129 F is still paper filed, so you can handwrite notations on your photos .

https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/k-1-fiancee-visa-explained/

Boundless tracks USCIS data by field office every month, and based on our analysis, the processing timeline for a K-1 application currently averages 13-18 months (as of February 31, 2023

• Evidence proving the relationship is real, such as pictures together, travel itineraries for trips taken together, letters from family and friends confirming the relationship, emails or text messages between the partners, and so on.

21 hours ago, Koro said:

I sent printed pictures for my rfe and got approved. Make sure write the date and people names on the back of the pictures and also occasions.

13 minutes ago, Family said:

Submitting evidence at initial filing is recommended by attorneys, online providers and www at large..

For example , Boundless Immigration, an online service and “ VJ Partner “..don’t know what that means..I thought they just paid advertising fees..nonetheless, they also list submitting relationship evidence at step 1….Odd typo on dates…perhaps someone wants to give them a heads up 

*****The I-129 F is still paper filed, so you can handwrite notations on your photos .

https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/k-1-fiancee-visa-explained/

Boundless tracks USCIS data by field office every month, and based on our analysis, the processing timeline for a K-1 application currently averages 13-18 months (as of February 31, 2023

• Evidence proving the relationship is real, such as pictures together, travel itineraries for trips taken together, letters from family and friends confirming the relationship, emails or text messages between the partners, and so on.

Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciate. I’m wondering if the evidence of relationship will be sent to the Embassy when I-129F petition is approved.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Koro said:

Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciate. I’m wondering if the evidence of relationship will be sent to the Embassy when I-129F petition is approved.  

the entire packet goes to the embassy

the CO will review the petition with all accompanied evidence 

originals like Birth certificates,  etc are given back to the immigrant at interiew UNLESS CO needs additional evidence and keeps the documents till all documents are  reviewed

Just saying its hard for USCIS to imput photos into USCIS computers /its the way we sent things back in 2009 but now they are far more computerized

and it is very very important to tell us which country //embassy as there are some country specific documents needed 

41 minutes ago, Koro said:

Thank you very much for your answer, much appreciate. I’m wondering if the evidence of relationship will be sent to the Embassy when I-129F petition is approved

USCIS will scan your submission and create a digital file that remains part of the record and will be available to the Consulate.

Between now and the interview , keep record of any other communication, visits or interaction with your fiancé and have them ready to take along with the original civil docs 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.