devusr

Can you wear slippers to the CR1 interview at the embassy?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Only if they’re bunny slippers, and she is also wearing flannel pajamas and rollers in her hair.

If u want honesty ,  many  families in Moroc and other African nations don't have a washer or dryer and its easier to wash pj's by hand and to dry outside on little balconies or roof top 

when i went and wore jeans they had a had time washing and drying my clothes

when they go out they don the burqa to cover pj's and u will often see a woman coming down the street with bedroom slippers on

its a matter of living in a poor country and not being as lucky as us

Filed: Timeline

As long as she is wearing some kind of foot covering -- t b at is, she is not barefoot -- there is no issue on what that covering is.  For safety reasons, foot coverings are required.  Beyond that, whatever she chooses to wear will have absolutely no bearing on whether a visa is issued or not.  This is a stressful experience for many people (even though most of the time there is no reason it should be) -- she should wear whatever makes her feel comfortable and confident.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why would she do that?

i mean, c’mon, show some interest 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

I mean… it’s up to her, but usually when you go to certain important interviews, even though there is not a dress code, you should wear appropriate clothes. To me, slippers are kinda too informal

The ones you get in jail are perfect. But you have to wear black socks with them.

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Because its all she has

Nothing OP has said indicates that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Because its all she has

I came from a poor background myself, and for important meetings like this, something that will change your life completely, you’ll do what ever it takes to leave a good impression, including borrowing cloths to make sure you did your best 

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

It's good to know she can wear slippers at the interview (it's more common than shoes in Sri Lanka and it's normal to wear for interviews too).

One more question, can she take her cell phone (smartphone) to the interview? I was told by another Sri Lankan who went to the interview that they did not allow phones at the interview room and that they had to leave it at the security check-in.

20 minutes ago, devusr said:

It's good to know she can wear slippers at the interview (it's more common than shoes in Sri Lanka and it's normal to wear for interviews too).

One more question, can she take her cell phone (smartphone) to the interview? I was told by another Sri Lankan who went to the interview that they did not allow phones at the interview room and that they had to leave it at the security check-in.

They’ll take away her cell at security so best not to even bring it. Instructions from embassy should detail what and how. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.