Stein

Extension Letters now being increased to 48 months. (merged)

274 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, KandN said:

LIN Oct-21 filer here. Got my 48 month extension letter last week and ROC was approved about 3 days later. 

I don't think the two were correlated in any way though.

Congratulations !

They weren't related. I think I've seen somebody receiving 48 month extension AFTER their I-751 got approved 😃

Informed delivery is showing what looks to be I-797's for mother and daughter today.  Looks like they even sent the extra one for the second case number they created by mistake for our daughter.  Coincidentally, I submitted a 'form not received' notice 7 days ago.  Not sure if it's related.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:25 PM, jackiegringa said:

SRC but filed this January so not expecting much for a while...

Lawyer got a copy of the 48 month extension letter today (white paper) - nothing for me on my USPS account that I check every morning!!! Anyways it's coming...

If someone knows, when you travel internationally do you need the 2 pages or only the first that has the phrasing on the extension?

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

18 hours ago, KandN said:

LIN Oct-21 filer here. Got my 48 month extension letter last week and ROC was approved about 3 days later. 

I don't think the two were correlated in any way though.

Congrats!   You’re one of the earliest LIN filers I believe.   Have you filed an N-400?

So I just received the 48 month extension letter

I've been crossing the border with the 24 month extension letter

Can i continue to travel with the 24 month letter? I would rather keep the 48 month one at home as a backup. I saw someone post about it here and seems like I can. But i'm anxious and need to double check 😃

6 minutes ago, greencardhelp101 said:

So I just received the 48 month extension letter

I've been crossing the border with the 24 month extension letter

Can i continue to travel with the 24 month letter? I would rather keep the 48 month one at home as a backup. I saw someone post about it here and seems like I can. But i'm anxious and need to double check 😃

Should be OK to keep using 24 month letter. As long as it's valid, you're fine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
10 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Congrats!   You’re one of the earliest LIN filers I believe.   Have you filed an N-400?

Yes - had combo interview in late January and oath ceremony is scheduled for April 25th

Hello, I'm here to apply to the 48 month club! Filed in 2021, received 24 month extension letter, then received 48 month today. Good luck everyone. We'll get there in the end.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Did anyone who hasn't received a 48 month extension send a missing notice e-request and got it afterwards? I sent a request almost a month ago and didn't get any response.  

Edited by Olga&Jared

16 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

Did anyone who hasn't received a 48 month extension send a missing notice e-request and got it afterwards? I sent a request almost a month ago and didn't get any response.  

Was just coming to update this.  Turns out, the 'form not received' request had nothing to do with receiving the extension letters a week later.  Just got a reply from the inquiry.  They replied that they already sent them out and that the post office did not return them undelivered.  The reply said they would send out another copy as a courtesy.

On 4/11/2023 at 7:36 AM, Strontium said:

Informed delivery is showing what looks to be I-797's for mother and daughter today.  Looks like they even sent the extra one for the second case number they created by mistake for our daughter.  Coincidentally, I submitted a 'form not received' notice 7 days ago.  Not sure if it's related.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Strontium said:

Was just coming to update this.  Turns out, the 'form not received' request had nothing to do with receiving the extension letters a week later.  Just got a reply from the inquiry.  They replied that they already sent them out and that the post office did not return them undelivered.  The reply said they would send out another copy as a courtesy.

Thanks for letting me know! I just called USCIS and an agent told me that e-request is apparently the only way to get it. She said since I already have one request in the system she can't submit a new one till someone responds to or 4 more days pass to make it exactly 30 days since my submission. Hopefully, they can send me a copy, too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.