On 3/10/2023 at 5:17 PM, SeamusO said:

AOS Package sent (Chicago Lockbox): 2/13

Package delivered: 2/15

Credit card charged: 2/22

Text messages received: 2/22

Bio: 3/20 (walked in 3/6 port Chester)

EAD approved : 3/6

EAD received : ?

EAD card has “being produced” since the 6th just wondering is this normal and how long does it normally take for the card to arrive after the approval letter pdf is available online on USCIS (have yet to receive it in mail)

Mine as well has been "being produced" since 3/9 so only 4 days. Some people on reddit are saying they haven't been getting their green cards since late Feb so not sure if they're backed up for ead too? Either way please update if there's anything new and I will do the same...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

To everyone, what is a common RFE or what is a RFE you missed and could have avoided the first time of submission. 
I am in the process of filling out my applications for my husband. And I need all the help I can get . Thanks in advance for all who give me some guidance. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 minute ago, ComboMeal said:

Filed 1/5/23. Work permit arrived 2/4/23. Got an RFE today for I-693. Guess the medical in Manila last year wasn’t enough. Updates to follow.

What!? The instructions literally say the exam is valid for one year... did you submit the DS-3025 proof of vaccines from the exam?

11 hours ago, lidiahxo said:

Mine as well has been "being produced" since 3/9 so only 4 days. Some people on reddit are saying they haven't been getting their green cards since late Feb so not sure if they're backed up for ead too? Either way please update if there's anything new and I will do the same...

Mine updated last night to “card was produced” so hopefully won’t be too long until it shows up in the letter box

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 3/14/2023 at 6:31 AM, SeamusO said:

Mine updated last night to “card was produced” so hopefully won’t be too long until it shows up in the letter box

Ughh mine has been sitting at "card is being produced" since March 9 and I don't know what the hold up is... I'm so thankful it's been approved so quickly but I have trust issues with USCIS...I sometimes get scared that the card will just never show.. you never know with them :( 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:11 PM, ComboMeal said:

Hi all,

Sent 485/765/131 package to Chicago PO box 1/3/23

Received 1/5/23

Credit card charged 1/6/23

Texts received 1/7/23

Online account letter received 1/11/23 (approximate)

Biometric appointment scheduled (for 2/3/23) 1/14/23

Walked in early for biometrics 1/19/23

Work permit approved 1/27/23

Work permit produced 2/1/23

Work permit received 2/4/23

Thanks for the guidance.

RFE 3/14/23

RRFE 3/14/23

Case approved 3/22/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 2/11/2023 at 10:20 AM, Artuicune said:

Joining the January filers for AOS + EAD + AP

AOS Package sent (Chicago Lockbox): 01/23

Package delivered: 01/25

Credit card charged: 01/27

I-797C notices dates: 01/27

Biometrics scheduled (notice): 02/04

Biometrics appointment: 02/23

RFE (I-864 missing petitioning sponsor's proof of citizenship): 02/10 --> responded via myUSCIS on 02/11

I am considering if it is worth it to try and do an early walk-in next week for my biometrics, or if it is better to just wait for the appointment.

Update:
Biometrics were done on 02/14
RFE marked as received on 02/21
Submitted an expedite request via senate office (they submitted the request as well as the info) on 02/24

Still haven't received anything new. I figure that one of the reasons I did not get my EAD approved right after the biometrics was the RFE, as I feared. Anyone have experience recently on how long it takes them to respond to the expedite request? I heard people mention 2 months for the full process?
Another worry I have is how the senate staffer submitted the request, as she was quite pessimistic from the start, saying that under K1 you cannot ensure you get expedited. I am not sure she called, I rather think she might have submitted it via email or fax.

Timeline
4 hours ago, PNWUnited said:

Has anyone tried to go in for their biometrics appointment early with a printed version of the appointment letter from the USCIS account, or do they need the original letter?

I had the actual letter already, but as long as they can find the info they need, I don't see why they would be difficult about it. I guess if your field office allows early walk-ins, you should be fine.

Timeline
On 3/14/2023 at 9:31 AM, SeamusO said:

On 3/18/2023 at 10:22 PM, lidiahxo said:

Ughh mine has been sitting at "card is being produced" since March 9 and I don't know what the hold up is... I'm so thankful it's been approved so quickly but I have trust issues with USCIS...I sometimes get scared that the card will just never show.. you never know with them :( 

Did either of you receive your card yet? Fingers crossed for you both!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i-485 approved today! So much quicker than I was expecting, pretty shocked to be honest, but obviously delighted.

Filed: January 10th

RFE: January 31st (RFE for further tax information from spouse)

RFE response: February 23rd

Transferred to Burlington, VT office: March 24th

Approval: April 5th

I-129F Sent -  April 30 2021
I-129F Received by lockbox (NOA1) - May 4, 2021

I-129F Notification received - May 14, 2021

NOA1 physical copy received - May 22, 2021

NOA2 received - June 14, 2022 

NOA2 physical copy received - June 21, 2022

In transit to embassy - August 16, 2022

Interview (approved) - September 26, 2022

Visa in hand - September 29, 2022

US Entry - October 11, 2022

i-485 filed - January 10, 2023

i-485 approved - April 5, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.