centric23

January 2023 - AOS Filers

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 hours ago, atcnaydn said:

We received the Biometrics Appointment letter on 01/28, it is scheduled for 02/17.

We included the W2, 1040, 3 months paystubs in the first package. I think we got RFE either because I-864 part 6 box 7 doesn’t match the line 9 on 1040; or because I put 3 months of paystubs instead of 6

Thanks for clarifying. We have our biometric on Monday. Hopefully our EAD will be approved immediately if nothing is missing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/27/2023 at 1:45 PM, ClioNicole said:

Joining January 2023 AOS filers

Mailed USPS (Phoenix Lockbox): January 21

Delivered: January 23

NOA texts: January 27  acknowledging petition was received  on January 24

Physical letters: Pending

UpdateI received my online access in the mail today and I'm scheduled for the biometrics on Feb 21st. (Denver office)

Hi all,

Sent 485/765/131 package to Chicago PO box 1/3/23

Received 1/5/23

Credit card charged 1/6/23

Texts received 1/7/23

Online account letter received 1/11/23 (approximate)

Biometric appointment scheduled (for 2/3/23) 1/14/23

Walked in early for biometrics 1/19/23

Work permit approved 1/27/23

Work permit produced 2/1/23

Work permit received 2/4/23

Thanks for the guidance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ComboMeal said:

Hi all,

Sent 485/765/131 package to Chicago PO box 1/3/23

Received 1/5/23

Credit card charged 1/6/23

Texts received 1/7/23

Online account letter received 1/11/23 (approximate)

Biometric appointment scheduled (for 2/3/23) 1/14/23

Walked in early for biometrics 1/19/23

Work permit approved 1/27/23

Work permit produced 2/1/23

Work permit received 2/4/23

Thanks for the guidance.

Clean and quick. Very good. Congrats.

6 hours ago, atcnaydn said:

Our RFE response is delivered by Fedex today. Let’s see how soon the USCIS system updates.

Good luck! What was the total document list you sent back for the RFE? More or less received the same RFE so would like to know for sure what to send.

Hope it goes well and they accept the response.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Immigrating_Irish said:

Good luck! What was the total document list you sent back for the RFE? More or less received the same RFE so would like to know for sure what to send.

Hope it goes well and they accept the response.

We refilled a new I-864, and included 2022 Tax Return 1040, IRS Transcript, Employment Letter, 6 months pay stubs and W-2 (2022).

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Timeline
On 1/21/2023 at 9:33 PM, centric23 said:

Yes! We just got our biometric appointment notification yesterday.

Update:

Biometric appointment was this morning. Case changed to being actively reviewed immediately then changed to EAD card being processed (approved) this evening!

Mailed (Texas Lockbox): January 23rd

Delivered: USPS Tracking says 26th January but the "Received Date" and "Priority Date" on the letter are both January 25th 🤷‍♂️

Notice Date: 01/27/2023

Biometrics appointment: 02/21/2023

I had originally sent my packet in at the end of December but they sent it back after 3 weeks. I had made a mistake on the I-485 so they rejected the packet.

I fixed it and sent it back the same day, which also gave me the opportunity to include a copy of my wifes birth certificate which I'd forgotten to include in the original packet.

I also filed the EAD but didn't bother with AP (Yes I know, I just don't plan to travel and don't want to take up their time processing something I won't use).

Hoping it won't take too long to get approved and more importantly that there are no mistakes. I dread the idea of having to do another medical after reading stories of people being RFE'd that presumably because their files got lost.

I also only included one copy of evidence to cover everything (for example one i-94 in the entire packet rather than one i-94 per form) and reading this thread makes it sound like that was possibly a mistake and they may RFE another one, we'll see.

Edited by jp1000
typo

Timeline
On 2/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, atcnaydn said:

Our RFE response is delivered by Fedex today. Let’s see how soon the USCIS system updates.

I did some research on Reddit and it seemed like responding by digital uploads is a better way to go. So I uploaded the same documents as the physical RFE response to myUSCIS. Status automatically changed to “RFE Response Received”

Timeline
5 hours ago, jp1000 said:

Mailed (Texas Lockbox): January 23rd

Delivered: USPS Tracking says 26th January but the "Received Date" and "Priority Date" on the letter are both January 25th 🤷‍♂️

Notice Date: 01/27/2023

Biometrics appointment: 02/21/2023

I had originally sent my packet in at the end of December but they sent it back after 3 weeks. I had made a mistake on the I-485 so they rejected the packet.

I fixed it and sent it back the same day, which also gave me the opportunity to include a copy of my wifes birth certificate which I'd forgotten to include in the original packet.

I also filed the EAD but didn't bother with AP (Yes I know, I just don't plan to travel and don't want to take up their time processing something I won't use).

Hoping it won't take too long to get approved and more importantly that there are no mistakes. I dread the idea of having to do another medical after reading stories of people being RFE'd that presumably because their files got lost.

I also only included one copy of evidence to cover everything (for example one i-94 in the entire packet rather than one i-94 per form) and reading this thread makes it sound like that was possibly a mistake and they may RFE another one, we'll see.

Once you get the online access code, you can upload any missing documents and get ahead of the RFE.

19 minutes ago, centric23 said:

Once you get the online access code, you can upload any missing documents and get ahead of the RFE.

I thought of that but since there is already a scan of the i-94 in that portal submitting another one seems pointless. I'm not convinced they will RFE but we'll see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
38 minutes ago, julybunny said:

Hi all, I have submitted my case to Chicago Lockbox on 1/28 and Fedex has confirmed that it was delivered on 1/30 before noon. It seems like most people have got the text messages within 5days of delivered date and I was wondering if I should be worried that I have not heard back yet...

Sometimes it just takes a bit of time but if you are getting restless then there are a couple of things you can do…

1. If you sent a check, be sure it’s been cashed, if you used a credit card, be sure payment has gone through, if money order track if cashed  with the receipts. If payments have gone through then don’t worry, just wait for the NOAs.

2.Call USCIS and inquire about your case. Sometimes they don’t send the text messages. 
3. if the call center people say they can’t see your case, email the lockbox support at lockboxsupoort@uscis.dhs.gov include your name A number , email what forms you submitted and your mailing address. Inquire about your case there  ( they would typically respond in about a week)

good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.