centric23

January 2023 - AOS Filers

135 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Marquise007 said:

Is there a difference between tax transcript and complete tax returns ? And which do you submit ? 

Yes they are different. Tax Return is your 1040 form and subsequent pages. Tax Transcript looks more like a list, it can be taken from IRS website. You can find easily by googling. 

We submitted both.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 2/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, atcnaydn said:

Yes they are different. Tax Return is your 1040 form and subsequent pages. Tax Transcript looks more like a list, it can be taken from IRS website. You can find easily by googling. 

We submitted both.

Thanks and if you file in January/ February 2023 do you present 2021 tax returns or 2022 tax returns ? 

Timeline
Just now, Marquise007 said:

Thanks and if you file in January/ February 2023 do you present 2021 tax returns or 2022 tax returns ? 

Until the tax year ends in April 2023, you are not obligated to present the 2022 tax return. That is unless you have already done your 2022 tax returns, then you should include 2022.

We filed on Jan 8, at that time I hadn’t done my returns so I gave 2021. Then we received an RFE and in the response I gave 2022 because I did my returns before the RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Just now, atcnaydn said:

Until the tax year ends in April 2023, you are not obligated to present the 2022 tax return. That is unless you have already done your 2022 tax returns, then you should include 2022.

We filed on Jan 8, at that time I hadn’t done my returns so I gave 2021. Then we received an RFE and in the response I gave 2022 because I did my returns before the RFE.

👍🏾 thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

AOS Package sent (Chicago Lockbox): 2/13

Package delivered: 2/15

Credit card charged: 2/22

Text messages received: 2/22

Bio: 3/20 (walked in 3/6 port Chester)

EAD approved : 3/6

EAD received : ?

EAD card has “being produced” since the 6th just wondering is this normal and how long does it normally take for the card to arrive after the approval letter pdf is available online on USCIS (have yet to receive it in mail)

Edited by SeamusO

1 hour ago, SeamusO said:

EAD card has “being produced” since the 6th just wondering is this normal and how long does it normally take for the card to arrive after the approval letter pdf is available online on USCIS (have yet to receive it in mail)

Here’s hoping you get your EAD next week. Mine came exactly a week later.

All the best!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey!! I've already received my EAD it was a bumpy ride, but it wasn't long here is my 

AOS TimeLine

Sent Dec 30th, 2022 (GC EAD AP)

Received: January 3,2023

Rejection Letter: January 20, 2023 (EAD AP)

Resent Package: January 24, 2023 (USCIS thought i needed to pay for AP and EAD)

RFIE: January 25, 2023 (GC)

RFIE received: January 26,2023 

Biometrics Appt: February 14, 2023 (GD)

Biometrics Appt: February 22, 2023 (EAD

I did both biometrics on February 14 i  just carried both of my appt letters.

Status changed to Actively reviewing: February 14, 2023 (GC)

Status Changed to Fingerprint Received: February 14, 2023 (EAD)

Card was Produced: February 17, 2023 (EAD)

Case was Approved: February 21, 2023 (EAD)

Card was Mailed to me: February 24, 2023 (EAD)

Card was Picked up by USPS: February 27, 2023 (EAD)

Delivered March 1, 2023 (EAD)

.... AP still in Limbo 

Edited by Zzdem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 2/4/2023 at 12:53 PM, ClioNicole said:

UpdateI received my online access in the mail today and I'm scheduled for the biometrics on Feb 21st. (Denver office)

How do you submit for online access ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ms. Clarke said:

How do you submit for online access ? 

A separate letter will be provided in the mail with your online access code. This is usually after they sent the receipt notices for your I-148 forms, ead and AP. 

I also read somewhere that if you don't receive the online access letter, you can "ask Emma" and she will send it via email.

https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 2/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, Marquise007 said:

I checked the IRS website and saw my transcript is now available so I uploaded under our uscis account. Maybe it'll even nudge them to look at our case again.

Timeline
On 3/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, SeamusO said:

Our card was picked up by the postal service the next day and arrived 3 days later (Friday to Monday). 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Question. Do you have to send each separate fee with each application?? I-485 , and the work and re entry app ? Or is is just AOS fee and biometrics only if u send all three together? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ms. Clarke said:

Question. Do you have to send each separate fee with each application?? I-485 , and the work and re entry app ? Or is is just AOS fee and biometrics only if u send all three together? 

It's just the $1225 for all 3. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.