centric23

January 2023 - AOS Filers

135 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lorca1 said:

HI, 

Congrats on everyone that has heard back and been approved. 

I have a few questions for you all

My i-485 case has changed to Card Is Being Produced (yay). My i-765 still says Finger Prints Were Taken and my i-131 says Expedite Denied

1. I was assuming the card coming my way from i-485 is my EAD card, does that sound correct?

2. What needs approving before I can travel internationally? I was hoping an EAD card would do it, but i'm finding conflicting things online.

Thanks  

I-485 is your green card. You no longer need an EAD card or AP. Congrats and go rest for the next 21 months before you start the ROC process haha

2 minutes ago, centric23 said:

I-485 is your green card. You no longer need an EAD card or AP. Congrats and go rest for the next 21 months before you start the ROC process haha

Thank youuuuuuu. Appreciate you clarifying that for me (heads been in a blurred spin since starting this new process). 

Hope everyone else hears somethig soon. 

This "Card Is Being Processed" came after we had a RFE for medical and proof of marital living. We sent it back and it got to the lockbox a week ago and then we got the case updated yesterday. 

I'll update my timeline 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/4/2023 at 1:53 PM, ClioNicole said:

UpdateI received my online access in the mail today and I'm scheduled for the biometrics on Feb 21st. (Denver office)

RFE (LoL)

Marriage certificate and proof of married life together!

I guess they lost our marriage certificate that was included in the our AOS packet.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Green card approval timeline:
POE: Dec. 1, 2022
Married: Dec. 22, 2022
AOS/EAD/AP Mailed: January 10
Received: January 13
Biometric: February 6
EAD approved: Feb 6
RFE (medical): March 27
RFER: April 11
RFE (marriage certificate): April 27
AOS Approved: July 7

Will be back to update when card is received. It's been a long 27 month process, and so excited to have the next 2 years away from USCIS. Good luck to all still waiting!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Damn! After getting an RFE requiring another marriage certificate and proof of marital life together, now they scheduled us for an interview.

Does that mean they don't believe in our marriage? Lol

Timeline
On 8/1/2023 at 7:20 AM, ClioNicole said:

Damn! After getting an RFE requiring another marriage certificate and proof of marital life together, now they scheduled us for an interview.

Does that mean they don't believe in our marriage? Lol

You're the first interview request I've seen in a while. Don't be discouraged though!

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 8/2/2023 at 12:49 PM, centric23 said:

You're the first interview request I've seen in a while. Don't be discouraged though!

Lol. We just had our interview on 9/8. 

It seems that the officer didn't look at all the evidence we presented. 

He kept on asking like 3 or 4 times if my husband specifically searched for a Filipina wife on a dating website where we met. (Ok Cupid)

He also asked why I was only added on the apartment lease in July when we moved there in November. He also wanted to RFE the original lease. Luckily, I had saved it on my phone so he said that satisfies that issue. 

They're actively reviewing our petition. 

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Currently still in review. Any people that have updates from the last couple months? 

I have my EAD and AP valid 2 yrs (until April 2025), so at this point I hope to get the green card soon or get a 10yr green card immediately next February haha!

On 1/16/2024 at 5:07 PM, Artuicune said:

Currently still in review. Any people that have updates from the last couple months? 

I have my EAD and AP valid 2 yrs (until April 2025), so at this point I hope to get the green card soon or get a 10yr green card immediately next February haha!

I hope you get a 10 year GC. Usually what happens though, USCIS puts all the effort to give you a 2 year GC, sometimes weeks before 2 year marriage anniversary.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.