Sandro8

Visa B-2 rejected.

39 posts in this topic

Hello I have recently been denied to a visa B2 request. Can I apply for the Esta? of course now it's getting harder. But how can I fix this situation? I know I can apply again for a visa interview. But I need some advices. I got denied for no specific reason, they just told I've been denied cause for now they dont accept this kind of requests, and to try again in the future. 

Edited by Sandro8

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sandro8 said:

It was a mistake. I wanted to do that at the beginning. But I would like to go there more than 3 months. So a friend of mine that lives there gave me this advice. 

In theory you can apply for an ESTA but it will be denied because it asks you if you had denied visa application from before. You will need to be honest and answer yes and because of that it is very likely it will be denied....

I don't think you can do too much but apply for a B visa again WHEN your circumstances change otherwise it will be denied again. I assume you got denied based on insufficient ties to your country.

I believe the ESTA is gone now with the B2 denial.

The reason for a B2 denial is lack of strong ties to your country ensuring that you will return. Why do you need to go for more than 3 months? That is quite long for a vacation. 

4 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

I believe the ESTA is gone now with the B2 denial.

The reason for a B2 denial is lack of strong ties to your country ensuring that you will return. Why do you need to go for more than 3 months? That is quite long for a vacation. 

I have a friend there and he could host me for more than 3 months. I'm a musician, wanted visit there to explore a different musical culture enjoying concerts and maybe who knows then.. Can I apply for a different visa? Or trying to apply for the Eta in Canada? 

11 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

In theory you can apply for an ESTA but it will be denied because it asks you if you had denied visa application from before. You will need to be honest and answer yes and because of that it is very likely it will be denied....

I don't think you can do too much but apply for a B visa again WHEN your circumstances change otherwise it will be denied again. I assume you got denied based on insufficient ties to your country.

I'm so overwhelmed for this mistake. But I have not lost my hopes. Trying to apply for study there. I wish to go to the US since I was young 

Edited by Sandro8

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can apply for ESTA easy option and you do not know until you do if it will be approved 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sandro8 said:

Could be useful to buy a ticket with the return date? And then apply for Esta? 

No not relevant 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sandro8 said:

So a friend of mine that lives there gave me this advice. 

Friend or romantic significant other?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Sandro8 said:

OK thank you. This rejection could be also affect an eventual application for the "Eta" in Canada? 

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/eta/english.pdf says the eTA application asks if you have  denied a visa or permit from any country. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.