JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 minute ago, elvira.b said:

Hey guys, What is the next step once we rcvd the NVC case ID. I do not have invoice ID. So I am not sure what to do. 

You dont need an Invoice ID, you just have to use the CEAC Portal and fill out the application. They will ship the case from here

Everyone, my case is now In-Transit

Edited by Inveigh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I‘m curious did you guys send direct email via NVCinquiry@state.gov, or through the public inquiry form to ask updates on received or case creation? My understanding (as what's told on the first post) for the online form is to update your information or change address etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 minute ago, grumpypiggy said:

I‘m curious did you guys send direct email via NVCinquiry@state.gov, or through the public inquiry form to ask updates on received or case creation? My understanding (as what's told on the first post) for the online form is to update your information or change address etc.

Through the public inquiry form, maybe you misread, what it means is that if you need to change your address or any other information you would do that via the form. It's not only for that though, any inquiry you have you'd use the form. It is always suggested to use the form in the link, I've never seen anyone say to email directly.

10 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

It is not only to update your information. If you click the link you will see that there are many options 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Wait I’m kinda confused now. I followed the instructions on the PDF at the start of this thread, which said to send an inquiry through the website, saying that you want to update your emails. And that would then mean that once they give you a case number they send it to those emails. Did I do this correctly? Should I have sent an inquiry actually asking if my case had arrived yet?

I find the system a little confusing! It kinda seems like you’re in the dark unless you nag them for more info haha. If anyone has answer pls let me know!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rosalea said:

Wait I’m kinda confused now. I followed the instructions on the PDF at the start of this thread, which said to send an inquiry through the website, saying that you want to update your emails. And that would then mean that once they give you a case number they send it to those emails. Did I do this correctly? Should I have sent an inquiry actually asking if my case had arrived yet?

I find the system a little confusing! It kinda seems like you’re in the dark unless you nag them for more info haha. If anyone has answer pls let me know!

There are a lot of us who also have no idea how any of this works when we begin a new stage of the process. Everyone has their own ways of figuring out what to do next, I'll share with you mine. I read comments, search through different threads, use Google with search terms and visajourney at the end to get results from here. I read more comments, all of the comments. I've noticed many people don't read comments and ask the same question, exactly the same question that someone asked and was answered in the same thread.

The PDF is a thing I guess, I think I looked through it at first but most of the useful information was from reading through the comments. You can go to the December thread, November, even October, to see how this process worked out for everyone. That's what I did and I've never felt confused. I do agree though, you gotta nag them to get info. I do remember reading something about sending an inquiry to update emails, but I decided that was not necessary, they'll have your email when you sent the inquiry about whether they've created a case file number yet. As for beneficiaries email and info, we'll just email the embassy when it arrives there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, badwolfxi said:

There are a lot of us who also have no idea how any of this works when we begin a new stage of the process. Everyone has their own ways of figuring out what to do next, I'll share with you mine. I read comments, search through different threads, use Google with search terms and visajourney at the end to get results from here. I read more comments, all of the comments. I've noticed many people don't read comments and ask the same question, exactly the same question that someone asked and was answered in the same thread.

The PDF is a thing I guess, I think I looked through it at first but most of the useful information was from reading through the comments. You can go to the December thread, November, even October, to see how this process worked out for everyone. That's what I did and I've never felt confused. I do agree though, you gotta nag them to get info. I do remember reading something about sending an inquiry to update emails, but I decided that was not necessary, they'll have your email when you sent the inquiry about whether they've created a case file number yet. As for beneficiaries email and info, we'll just email the embassy when it arrives there.

Ah ok that makes sense. Is there ever any point inquiring at all if they have your email anyway and will just tell you if/when something happens? I’m wondering if I should send a proper inquiry asking if they’ve received my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 2/24/2023 at 4:11 AM, Lalaloopsy said:

Also just received a case number through Public Inquiry (Thanks to the After NOA-2 tips that was posted here) last Wednesday. Has anyone tried to do the DHL trick recently? Does it still work?

Received a response to my pubplic inquiry this morning with my NVC Case #! When I check status it shows it  "At NVC" so they haven't mailed it yet I am guessing.

The format of the number suggests it was created on 2/22/23

NOA2 1/18 (1/16 on my I-179 though) 

Question: People are generally waiting until they get the welcome letter and notice it is being shipped to the embassy before they complete their DS-160 and physically mail the I-34 + additional support to their beneficiary, right? 

Edited by SeaSing

Timeline

Hello, all. I just received an email from NVC saying they have forwarded my case to the embassy.

NOA2 - 17 December 2022

NVC Received - 20 January 2023

Case Number Received -24 February 2023

NVC sent case to Embassy - 1 March, 2023

Timeline

Ours was also sent to the embassy today, although it's heading to the wrong embassy so now there's that to deal with...

We tried to get them to send it to the correct embassy after they requested proof of residency in the country she currently resides in, which we did send sufficient proof. Well it seems like the clowns at NVC decided to ship the petition out anyway to the wrong embassy without resolving the issue of reassigning our case to a different embassy. So now it's headed to her birth country. Gotta figure out the best route to fix this now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

My fiance also got the email that our case will now be forwarded to the US Embassy where I live. :)

NOA 2: 13 January 2023

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, Spirit_In_Red said:

We also got notice that they've sent our case to the embassy.

I've seen some conflicting info but, do I (the beneficiary) wait until I get a letter from the embassy to start planning my medical exam, background check, etc?

21 hours ago, SeaSing said:

Question: People are generally waiting until they get the welcome letter and notice it is being shipped to the embassy before they complete their DS-160 and physically mail the I-34 + additional support to their beneficiary, right? 

Answer quoted from @Mar u posting on other group in vj for your reference:

You may fill up the ds160 now and pay the fees when its already in “transit” status. However, dont try to schedule your medical and interview unless case  is on “ready” status. Medical has expiration and getting an interview schedule may take time. So you have to consider the timing.

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
5 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

Answer quoted from @Mar u posting on other group in vj for your reference:

You may fill up the ds160 now and pay the fees when its already in “transit” status. However, dont try to schedule your medical and interview unless case  is on “ready” status. Medical has expiration and getting an interview schedule may take time. So you have to consider the timing.

Where can you pay the fees at?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.