JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

plz how long does it take for NVC to review applications because i submitted on 25/01/2023 and i get a message on 13/02/2023 that some documents like financial documents was rejected, right now i am afraid that this may delay my application 

plz can someone help with any information if the same happen to anyone here 

thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Did any of you guys get your Petition received and processed in the database yet? 

The date NVC received my case was Feb. 1st, and it still has not been processed.

My NOA 2 approval was Jan. 11th.

Edited by Inveigh

7 hours ago, Inveigh said:

Hi everyone,

Did any of you guys get your Petition received and processed in the database yet? 

The date NVC received my case was Feb. 1st, and it still has not been processed.

My NOA 2 approval was Jan. 11th.

Well it might be a couple more weeks before they get to you. NVC as of 02/13/2023 are working on cases rcvd on 01/12/23 from USCIS. 

image.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Got an update on my case (NOA2 is 1/6/23) and they said my case is still at USCIS, and I should get an update via email from them within 30 days. Does anyone know if it usually takes the full 30 days to ship it to NVC or would the inquiry prompt them to put it on the next shipment?? 30 days is so long for such a thing

1 minute ago, Tm8756 said:

Got an update on my case (NOA2 is 1/6/23) and they said my case is still at USCIS, and I should get an update via email from them within 30 days. Does anyone know if it usually takes the full 30 days to ship it to NVC or would the inquiry prompt them to put it on the next shipment?? 30 days is so long for such a thing

Hey, my NOA 2 is 01/10/23. My petition of shipped on 02/06 to NVC. I submitted and inquiry and was notified by NVC that my petition was rcvd on 02/15/23. Hope that helps. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Just now, elvira.b said:

Hey, my NOA 2 is 01/10/23. My petition of shipped on 02/06 to NVC. I submitted and inquiry and was notified by NVC that my petition was rcvd on 02/15/23. Hope that helps. 

This is interesting cos I thought we had to wait at least 30 days until being allowed to enquire at the nvc! Maybe I should enquire soon…

2 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

This is interesting cos I thought we had to wait at least 30 days until being allowed to enquire at the nvc! Maybe I should enquire soon…

Please do inquiry, it does not hurt to do so. You can also get on live chat with USCIS agent thru Emma and type in Live Rep. Ask the rep if your petition was sent over to NVC. They will give you a date. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

So I actually inquired through connecting to a live agent through Emma on the USCIS website just to ask if it was 1. Still at USCIS and 2. What date it was shipped to NVC (if it was).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
34 minutes ago, elvira.b said:

Very interesting, it's crazy how your NOA2 was on 1/10 and my NOA 2 was on 1/11. Yet mine was received on 2/1 and yours was received on 2/15. Did you receive an expedite at all? 

I had an expedite for my NOA 1  so they probably shipped my case earlier than yours, unless you meant yours was in the database, than that would make sense as to where the discrepancy was.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
On 2/17/2023 at 12:44 PM, elvira.b said:

Please do inquiry, it does not hurt to do so. You can also get on live chat with USCIS agent thru Emma and type in Live Rep. Ask the rep if your petition was sent over to NVC. They will give you a date. 

I did this today with NOA2 of 1/16 and was told "At this time the system does not show that your case has been sent over to the National Visa Center." 

I am really hoping they were wrong and it hasn't really been 30+ days without them sending my case to NVC still, sigh. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
3 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

I did this today with NOA2 of 1/16 and was told "At this time the system does not show that your case has been sent over to the National Visa Center." 

I am really hoping they were wrong and it hasn't really been 30+ days without them sending my case to NVC still, sigh. 

I wouldn't sweat about what information a rep that Emma referred to you gives out. They might not even know how to check it, or if there even is such a system. We're done with the USCIS stage, hopefully, and at least for now. Just stick with sending inquiries to NVC directly. I also have NOA2 of 1/16 and I sent a second inquiry on Monday. By the time they respond it would be about 40 days since NOA2. I'll report back here when I hear from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, SeaSing said:

Oh man this is what I’m afraid will happen to me too! Surely not, I don’t see why they would still hold on to cases for a month and not send them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
56 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

I also have NOA2 of 1/16 and I sent a second inquiry on Monday. By the time they respond it would be about 40 days since NOA2. I'll report back here when I hear from them.

Thanks. I just sent another inquiry to NVC as well along the same lines as you. Will report back in 1 week too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.