JojoandTomas

JANUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

261 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

Where can you pay the fees at?

tbh you can get a clear and quick answer from just google it my friend.....https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition/step-3-pay-fees.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
3 minutes ago, grumpypiggy said:

That doesnt work for K1's, it appears those are only for Immigrant based visas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

That doesnt work for K1's, it appears those are only for Immigrant based visas

I think k1 is categorized as immigrant visa in CEAC system

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

You will pay the $265 visa processing fee for a K-1. Since you schedule the interview yourself you will pay it at the embassy.

Some people reference links where it suggests you pay the fee to the NVC but this is for different types of visas where the interview is automatically scheduled by NVC.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/fees/fees-visa-services.html See the fee for K-1 visa fee ($265).

Link referencing paying at embassy: https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/k-1-fiancee-visa-explained/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey guys, NOA2 JAN 31 and gonna share some experiences here,

I saw a lot of filers with NOA2 dates in the first half of January already got their cases sent and received by NVC within 2-3 weeks --- many of them have got case numbers now. So I have been constantly checking the status of my case since last week. I know it does take time but just trying my luck. 

I have sent 2 public inquiries to NVC and contacted USCIS multiples times by ask emma on their page to talk to a live agent for an update (the connection of ask emma is super unstable though, and some agents are really rude and unhelpful even though I was being all polite to them). But until today my case has not been received by NVC and no data shows that it's sent by USCIS.

The last USCIS agent I talked to was nice enough, as she helped me submit a service request because she said it's more than 30 days since approval. She told me I would get a response within 30 business days.

It was a little bit frustrated to find that my case is getting on hold as this part of the process is actually getting a looooot faster recently but mine is not being picked in this lucky draw lol. But I know there are still many filers having the same wait like me. I hope the service request can somehow speed up the processing of my case and have them send my case promptly. 

Gonna update when I know something!

Good luck to everyone :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

CEAC status shows "Ready" as of today 03/March/23 at the embassy in Manila 🤦‍♂️

NVC Case File Creation 17/February/23.

Now starting the process of a case transfer to the correct embassy LOL

Timeline
33 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

CEAC status shows "Ready" as of today 03/March/23 at the embassy in Manila 🤦‍♂️

NVC Case File Creation 17/February/23.

Now starting the process of a case transfer to the correct embassy LOL

When was your case shipped?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
On 2/27/2023 at 12:12 PM, Inveigh said:

You dont need an Invoice ID, you just have to use the CEAC Portal and fill out the application. They will ship the case from here

Everyone, my case is now In-Transit

I tried to use the ceac portal several times but it kept asking for invoice id number. My case is already at my embassy, but shouldn’t I log into ceac and pay fees and file the ds 160 before they interview my fiancée?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Fabric said:

I tried to use the ceac portal several times but it kept asking for invoice id number. My case is already at my embassy, but shouldn’t I log into ceac and pay fees and file the ds 160 before they interview my fiancée?

I thought the same thing at first.  But:

you have to use this link https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/?TSPD_101_R0=0883343043ab20009c00f9f21e98880b2a6d90cc195dcbd00da0b30b570df270b8a53b8812e8a6480811c9fe45143000bc2fa5823df897477c8fed35b3e364f42d05070785dc57470bf08dc87bb1aa5b24e9605a1175daf9bd525f4405aec576

the invoice ID is basically useless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Benin
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

Oh wow. You’re a life saver. Thank you very much. I’ll start the application soon as possible 

Timeline

For anyone looking to try to track their package to the embassy, this DHL trick works: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/#comments

I received the NVC email on March 1st so I used EXP 01 MAR 2023A for the shipment reference to find and track the package. It looks like they all ship out of Boston. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, SeaSing said:

For anyone looking to try to track their package to the embassy, this DHL trick works: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/#comments

I received the NVC email on March 1st so I used EXP 01 MAR 2023A for the shipment reference to find and track the package. It looks like they all ship out of Boston. 

I tried "EXP 27 FEB 2023" for Turkey and got: (Not found): No result found for your DHL query. Please try again.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

I tried "EXP 27 FEB 2023" for Turkey and got: (Not found): No result found for your DHL query. Please try again.

You're missing the letter "A" after the year. Also, they may not ship it out exactly on the 27th so you must try different days a few before, a few after. I tried EXP 01 MAR 2023A and found this which may be the package yours is in: 
https://mydhl.express.dhl/us/en/tracking.html#/results?shipperReference=EXP 01 MAR 2023A&fromDate=2023-03-03&toDate=2023-03-04&destinationCountryCode=TR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.