Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Emw2290 said:

We will be submitting this week and also hoping Milwaukee will be quick. 

Welcome to the thread!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

I have officially submitted my application online this afternoon and received my case number.... Hoping I get a joint I751 and N400 Interview! 

One quick question - if you apply online, how do you know what processing center your application was sent too? Is it automatically sent to the closes USCIS office (for example I live closest to the Orlando Fl. office), or is it a processing center like Potomac? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
30 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

One quick question - if you apply online, how do you know what processing center your application was sent too? Is it automatically sent to the closes USCIS office (for example I live closest to the Orlando Fl. office), or is it a processing center like Potomac? 

N-400s are processed and adjudicated by the local field offices, not service centers.

As a side note, online application numbers start with IOE to indicate they were filed online.

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, KenandBina said:

Look at your NOA  it will tell you in the bottom left corner where your N400 is and give you the address.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, KenandBina said:

I have officially submitted my application online this afternoon and received my case number.... Hoping I get a joint I751 and N400 Interview! 

Welcome to the thread!

Citizenship Complete!

On 1/17/2023 at 3:45 PM, kiwirst said:

How quickly did your biometrics reuse notice come in, same day as filing?

I applied yesterday - still waiting for Biometrics notice, I hope it gets waived again like it did for my I-751 (still pending). 

For those of you with a pending I751 who have also submitted your N400 - have you heard if it fast tracks both? The estimated time for processing of the N400 is 16 months - but I have about 8 months of waiting left on the I751... I hope it does not delay the I751! I would really love to avoid the hassle of having to get another extension for my GC 

29 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

For those of you with a pending I751 who have also submitted your N400 - have you heard if it fast tracks both? The estimated time for processing of the N400 is 16 months - but I have about 8 months of waiting left on the I751... I hope it does not delay the I751! I would really love to avoid the hassle of having to get another extension for my GC 

Nothing  written in stone about either one being fast  tracked. But there are several cases of the 751 that  have woken up and gotten approved a long with the 400. People some people including me seem to think it does fast track. But like I said nothing written in stone. My 751 was transferred to where the  400 is so I'm thinking combo interview!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
51 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

There is some speculation that priority is being given to those who've chosen to naturalize, kind of along the lines of it's in the best interest of the country.  Again, speculation.  Time will tell, I'm sure.  

Honestly though, for those undergoing parallel processes, it's ultimately time and resource savings.  Concatenating all the filed information into one place and doing a single interview seems like a win.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Coming up on 2 weeks since filing and zero movement, hoping I'll have something in paper form next week but not holding my breath.

Putting a lot of plans on hold for the year as they involve travel outside of the US.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

3 minutes ago, kiwirst said:

Coming up on 2 weeks since filing and zero movement, hoping I'll have something in paper form next week but not holding my breath.

Putting a lot of plans on hold for the year as they involve travel outside of the US.

Why wouldn’t you travel? I’ve left the US twice in 3 months for work, simply bring your gc and extension letter with you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I got the notice of action for both the filling and the biometrics about a week and a half after filing online. Apparently the notice of action functions and as an extension letter too.

2 hours ago, KenandBina said:

Why wouldn’t you travel? I’ve left the US twice in 3 months for work, simply bring your gc and extension letter with you. 

That's what I'm waiting for, my concern is due to my filing things are not happening the standard way, it's my impatience and anxiety.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

I received an email yesterday and today stating that action was taken on my application, but when I sign in there is nothing different. Am I missing something?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.