Sarge2155

N-400 January 2023 Filers

612 posts in this topic

Could somebody who already had their interview confirm -: 1) when taking civics test, does officer give four options or only question? 2) if we get options, does our answer have to be from the options? Or we can just give correct answer even if our answer is not in the options. For example- which state borders mexico..let us say, in options, arizona is given but i say new mexico..is it allowed?

Edited by Jazii

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jazii said:

Could somebody who already had their interview confirm -: 1) when taking civics test, does officer give four options or only question? 2) if we get options, does our answer have to be from the options? Or we can just give correct answer even if our answer is not in the options. For example- which state borders mexico..let us say, in options, arizona is given but i say new mexico..is it allowed?

It is not a multiple choice test. No options are given - they ask a question, and you give one of the valid responses. 

From USCIS: The actual civics test is NOT a multiple choice test. During the naturalization interview, a USCIS officer will ask you up to 10 questions from the list of 100 questions in English. You must answer correctly 6 of the 10 questions to pass the civics test.

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/civics-practice-test-2008

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

4 hours ago, MK_Dallas said:

Oath schedule on May 23rd. Finally it comes to the end.

Make your passport application appointment now USPS is booked up 4 to 8 weeks out. If you are in no hurry.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

10 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Make your passport application appointment now USPS is booked up 4 to 8 weeks out. If you are in no hurry.

If you are in a hurry what do you do? I have a trip booked in July to Jamaica with family. 

41 minutes ago, KenandBina said:

If you are in a hurry what do you do? I have a trip booked in July to Jamaica with family. 

An agency or pay for expedited service but I think that's taking 6 to 8 weeks for an expedite, you'll have to check that out!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jazii said:

You can jus answer one of the right answer, In fact when I tried to give multiple answers IO said one is good.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

I am planning to take appointment directly at Dallas office as I may need passport for international travel 

Timeline
1 hour ago, KenandBina said:

You can take appointment directly at passport agency if your trip is with in next 2 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
2 hours ago, KenandBina said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

Basically you can pay like 60$ extra for expedited service which still can take a couple of months (this is not taking into account that you need to book an appointment with USPS like a month in advance) or try to do the emergency one if it's 2 weeks before you need to travel.

Edited by Lightbird

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
7 hours ago, Iowa65 said:

Hello everyone!

Did you guys submit your tax returns when you filed online? If so, was it just first page or all of them? And past 3 years?

Thanks

I submitted the IRS transcripts from the past 3 years. Always all pages.

10 hours ago, MK_Dallas said:

You can jus answer one of the right answer, In fact when I tried to give multiple answers IO said one is good.

This is correct only one answer is sufficient, provided it's a right answer!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/3/2023 at 7:01 PM, KenandBina said:

Call DoS and see if they will book you in.  I have urgent travel for work and my appointment is Monday.  I naturalized on the 27th, called the 28th and that's when they booked me for.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.